Login to your account

Thread: OOC : In the Belly of the Beast

Humble Farmer With a Sword Petrichora's Avatar
    This is the first post for the thread, OOC : In the Belly of the Beast.

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

This it? I hope so cause I'd hate to be in the wrong forum

Yeah, I believe so.

Awiti, Chizoba, Dakarai, Jelani, Kagiso. . . Options for names of across the sea.

Your opinion is appreciated.
    Last edited by Petrichora; 08-11-2011 at 02:41 AM.
    While I was waiting. . . I ate your lunch.

Hmmm... if pronounced with an accent, I would be okay with Jelani or Dakarai. (ugh, stupid american characters not conveying appropriate accent marks.) ok, so Faberge eggs? the Ge' sound on the end... Ge'-lan-I sounds cool, and so would Darakai if pronounce (day-cah-ray) in my opinion.

Faberge eggs? What?

And, Darakai would be day-rah-kay. But I'm fine with Dakarai if you want day-cah-ray.

the little russian decorative eggs? They are pronounced with a different sound XD lol sigh... never mind.
    Anyways, I don't care. My brain is melty at the moment... and can't name worth a dam---darn? cough cough

Oh, those. Yeah, I don't know how to pronounce it. Anyway. Let me know if you find a name you like.

I soooo wish I could see those kingdom pics up closer XD they look so preeettttty XD

Well, Ailsa is just a picture of the amazon, Aetherrock was gale castle in google images, and I can't remember the other ones. Anyway, I really like your princess character. She sounds really cool.

Ok, so summer is 97 days long, autumn would be 92, winter 95, and spring 85. That gives us 369 days a year.

Cool, I like that.

Ideas we came up with:
    Dragonhalle and Ailsa ally because Dragonhalle needs troops and Ailsa wants more land.

Dragonhalle threats Ailsa with Sea Dragons, Ailsa wants land. Ailsa agrees to alliance because they both benefit.

Dragonhalle building mountain pass to the north sea for Ailsa to send secret troops.
    Dragonhalle will then have troops to push out the attack from Dragonhalle and Ailsa shall attack by sea, surrounding their opponents from all sides.

Dragonhalle contaminated. Actually the burrowing dragons eat the nutrients in the soil and so nothing grows in it.

Flying Dragons' eggs need a certain level of heat for a certain amount of time before they can hatch. Dragon eggs lost in a cave because mommy was killed, and they don't hatch for a 1000years until a volcano erupts and heats the area near the cave and then they hatch.

Dragons have a genetic memory? Such as they remember most/all/ some of their forefather's lives. So they may know where something that was lost 1000years ago is now.

thats all I have written down.

Azmarath. Just had to put this here as maybe a name or something. I think I misheard something on TV. I don't know why they'd say Azmarath on Dance Moms. But it might be a good name.

Burnside, sounds like it'd be a good name for a place in Dragonhalle. (It was a street name in Portland).

So... I might have gone out a bit, but there is still plenty of blood letting to be done. I just wanted to do a few specific things, and we can make the fight last as long as you like, I don't mind doing a few posts of battle and banter XD but yeah, you can even comment that there were definitely some that were professional mercenaries while most were definitely just thieves and ruffians. But thats up to you, Tru or Shay will probably mention it too. but anyways, there ya go, fight begun. do as you like ^_^ I really really want to do at least another post of Trulin's fighting style. I didn't express much of it on account of it being a set up post, and I thought that only her first reaction was appropriate before I let you do your fight post. Anyways, rambling now... I'll be quiet. lol

feels like shayden's last post was like "Uh, hi, so I'm here." XP which is kinda what it was but still XP *is bothered*

September 1, 2011 Minutes:

Trulin and Marius are completely in the dark about the dragons. Just doing their duty/what their parents told them. Must somehow discover the dragon plot.

Thalia and Shayden need to meet. Possibly at the marriage ball (Trulin wants Thalia there for support/Thalia is doing servant duties at the ball/Trulin needs help/Trulin wants to piss off Marius). Maybe Shayden notices pretty princess is dirty servant girl. Possibly they meet because Thalia is Trulin's servant, and Shayden is following Marius around all the time. Shayden might corner her about a secret (Her-Princess. Him-He saw her at the ball).

Marius finds Trulin's letters to Kease, thinks she's breaking her vows (they sounded romantic).

After wedding, M/T have problems.

Thalia, Trulin, Nolita become close friends.
    Thalia helps Trulin w/dress for ball.

How does Thalia find out about everything? When does she decide she has enough information to go home?
    -War gets out of hand. No way to win. All four leave kingdoms, together or in pairs.
    -Thalia decides she has enough info, goes home, ends up starting the war. Shayden follows.
    -By the time Thalia has enough info, she likes Marius and Trulin and decides she can't screw them over.
    -Other way to start war? Ailsa and Dragonhalle start war no matter what.
    -Thalia starts war through correspondence.
    -Figure it out on the way. Shayden finds out her motive, maybe convinces her to write letters back instead of going back so they can investigate together.

What are the other kingdoms doing?
    -There's been no cry of war, and no crime committed yet, so they can't really do anything. A marriage is harmless.
    -Majority of the nations ignore the threat of dragons, since Dragonhalle's been searching for it for years and haven't found anything.
    -Aetherrock is just sitting there.
    -Sagore is ignoring it. (Aside from Thalia running away to be a spy).
    -Erdaterra kinda just wants to secede.
    -Riverstone has sent Shayden, actively trying to figure this out. Riverstone sent spies.

Is anyone looking for Thalia and Shayden?
    -Shayden, no because he is a spy. He was sent.
    -Thalia, ran away. No one is sent because they think "Oh god, if she is in the middle of this and we send some one, she could be killed." Maybe a few covert people looking for her. Nothing would be put out about her being missing, so as not to make other nations suspicious.
    -Henrik would be pissed, glad she got info, but want her back. Letters would be in code.

What's happening in Ailsa?
    -Olencia (the queen) is sitting back, sipping wine, waiting for dividends of war.
    -Not much happening. Rallying of troops awaiting completion of mountain pass.

Riverstone ships happening upon Ailsan ships, sees troops, contributes to war. Possibly outrun Ailsans, maybe ships meet and Riverstone ship gets slaughtered by Ailsan ship, other Riverstone ships see what happened and flee.
    Last edited by Petrichora; 09-02-2011 at 02:46 AM.

Ok, Sor, I'm just putting all the notes from our Facebook convo on here so I can remember what we said about Marius's new personality and junk like that.

What do you think if I made Marius a little more devious. I mean, he is from the Dragon family and such, so it would make sense if he had ulterior motives and maybe wasn't the best of guys. But I don't know how to do that without making it seem like he's had a complete personality change and such. . . I don't know. I just don't like how mellow my characters are. They seem too cookie cutter.

hmm.... Well, I think you are focusing more on what he's saying than what might be going on upstairs. He could give a somewhat interesting answer, and then expound upon it in his own mind, which would achieve making him less laid back but still secretive and playing his cards close to the chest, which is something I think would be accurate for the Dragonhalle royalty. They seem to be a little sneaky and tight lipped. Or, he could go against tradition and just give her a bold and shocking answer, and not give any thought to it at all because he is just satisfied he surprised her.

Hmmm. . . I think the first one would probably go with his personality more, since he's shown lately that he's a rather tight-lipped person. But, do you think his daddy-issues should tie into his devious personality?

It depends on what his daddy issues are.

Also, I'm sure you've figured this out already, but the Dragonhalle line has always had sons. There hasn't been a woman born to the dragonhalle family in forever, and he's afraid of telling trulin. Should his motive for not telling her be more because he's starting to care about her a little bit, or because he doesn't want her to call it off, or a little of both, or what?

Are they issues that make him crave approval from his father, or make him want to completely deviate from what his father wnats of him. Cause you have just hinted that there is tension there with his dad, but you haven't said why or what it makes him feel. Just think about it, cause if he's angry at his dad, it could give him fuel to want to surpass him, or if he feels inadequate to his father it could make him want to impress his dad.

hmm

well on the second part, I think it would be more realistic that he thinks she

'll call it all off if she knows.

because they haven't interacted enough for him to care, though he could be starting to lust somewhat and that might also be part of why he's avoiding her

if he's never been really attracted to someone that way or that strongly.

Oh, and his daddy issues are the fact that his dad is really. . . tough and mean, I guess. You know, the whole, "Be a man" type. And he doesn't like a lot of what his father does. Like, he tries to follow everything his father tells him so he doesn't get bitched at or challenged to a duel or anything like that. And, at first, his motives for keeping the secret was because he knew how much a girl meant to her (because he knew that her home was a female ruled country, so he just assumed that much), and he didn't want to upset her, but since I haven't actually said that, maybe I could go the other way with it. And, I don't know if he's actually started being attracted to her yet. So far, he's kept a pretty safe distance when it comes to being attracted to anyone.

I don't know if he wants to impress his dad or rebel against him. I don't know.

haha well if you don't know but you want to bring it up, you could do a dash of both, and perhaps make him a bit conflicted about it. . . Perhaps something happened recently that made him uncertain as to whether he actually wants to follow his father's plans or completely disregard them at the earliest possible moment. Which might also be keeping him away from Trulin, since she is kind of the embodiment of his father's rule over his life, and shows him how little say he has at the moment. OR, he might be trying to decide how to get Trulin on his side about not following what their parents decided for them, but to take their own action. But he isn't sure how she'd react to it, being that it might be considered dishonorable depending how you look at it.

Like. . .he asks her if they should try and not get married?

um, no....

I mean, he's in on the whole take over the world plan right?

I can't remember if he's thought about that plan yet. Did we say he was in on it, but she wasn't?

Well, maybe there are details about it that he doesn't like, and he doesn't want to follow his father's game plan, or really include their parents at all beyond using the resources. but he doesn't know if she would be willing to go against her mother and his father in doing so.

he said something about, it was too risky being around her because he couldn't tell her ... not near his men's ears at least.... never said what he would tell her

Wait, the only thing he doesn't want to tell her is the fact that Dragonhalle has never had a daughter before, all children born to Dragonhalle men have boys. That was his secret.

oh

ok

I completely missed that

heh now our coversation makes more sense

hahah

sorry

hmmm.....

And, as far as I'm concerned, since I don't really remember exactly what's been said, and since we're in charge of this story, we can change it whenever we want, and so, if was never in on it, then I probably wouldn't have mentioned anything about it, and so it wouldn't be too hard to insert some thoughts about the plan to take over, and if he was, then he's probably already had those thoughts.

So, do we want him in on the plan to take over or not? I remember mentioning, I think, that sometimes, he wished he wasn't prince. You know, cause Dragonhalle is so horrible and such. But, would that make a difference?

And, it's ok. I just figured that you had already caught what the secret was.

Hmm..... Well, he could be in on it. Or he might not be, and after the wedding his father tells him why he's been married to Trulin. Which shocks him, I kinda figured after the wedding that Nolita would give a sealed letter to Trulin from Olencia explaining some of what was going on.... but that was just a possibility, depending on what Marius did..

it seems that Trulin is a very strong-minded girl. And, she definitely shouldn't find out until after the wedding because we have to make sure they actually go through with it. (Or do we? Maybe something happens and they find out and they decide not to go through with it. Or just she finds out. I don't know.) But I have no idea what about Marius.

If he doesn't know, then. . . He's just doing it because his father told him to, and since he's still prince, he still has to obey his father. It's all just about duty to him.

If he does know, then he's doing it not only because of duty, but he might have some sort of faith in the plan, or maybe he does want to rule the world or something. I don't know.

But, if Marius is more devious, then our whole "The four of them run away after the destruction of the kingdoms" thing might not work, because Marius would be a major part of the destruction.

Hmm... Well even if she found out about the only sons being born, she'd still marry him
    its about her honor. Plus, she very much doubts he could win entrence to her bed anyway, because he has to battle her for it and win.

true

hmmm

We could just make Marius an antagonist to begin with and have his love for Trulin change him over time.

Well, that's good with Trulin. We have two very duty driven characters. Hmmm.

I like that. . . The relationship and struggle they have could change him into a better character, and she'd have to change also to acomplish this with him... seem like a good plan.

And, as a villain, he'd be the more quiet, behind the scenes type, instead of the gung-ho "Here I am!" villain. If you know what I mean.

So, Marius is now turning into a villain. I have to rethink everything now as I'm writing him. Which I'm ok with. I always felt so wishy washy when I was writing as him.

And we haven't really had a clear villain yet.

And, soon, we're going to need to make more characters (like, the queen and king of Dragonhalle.)
    yes we will have to be making more characters and such. . . I might have to run my characters by you since, it is your country and all, so I don't want to pick up a dragonhalle native and start mucking with your culture or anything .... then again I could just make all my characters foreign... but that seems like a cop out... hmmm much thought will be placed on this lol

Well, I figured that the queen and king and such would all be public characters, so we both could play them.

I'm thinking another wrench I might throw into the mix would be, maybe, Thalia actually starts out liking someone else. Like, a lord or another servant or someone.

That could be interesting.

Gives shayden a chance to maybe just want to start out using her, maybe trying black mail her into being a mole near Trulin and then discover he likes her, and gets furious when he finds out she's falling for someone else.... Then all chivilry and charm he tries to win her over XD or fight his passions... lol could go either way

I think I'm a little too into the torture characters bit. XD but its fun!

Yeah. . .Hey, so did we decide that the dragons are sentient?

I thought you had... but then again, we've flip flopped a lot. So, would you prefer them to be or not

I don't know. I think we had a lot of reasons for them being sentient, but I can't remember. It's probably in our notes on the OOC page.

I just figured that since we're getting to Dragonhalle, I should probably start thinking about these dragons and such.

I thought you wrote a log entry about them being sentient

Oh, wait, was that in Thalia's journal?

I think you're right.

yeah I think it was

I'll check that out, get reacquainted with it. Probably should start writing in those again.

yeah I was kinda thinking I should write in Trulin's and continue with shaydens since I think he only has like one entry, maybe two... I don't remember.

I really need to develop him too.... He's so.... vague in my own understanding.... I need to work on that.

And I need to bring Thalia back in. She needs at least one more post before Marius and Trulin get to the castle, the post saying that Thalia got to the castle. Just to make it flow a little bit better.

Yeah, Thalia's pretty vague, too.

And Marius doesn't even have a journal yet.

haha but you're using marius so at least he's not neglected, XD but yeah I know what you mean.

Poor Thalia and Shayden. Both of them are pretty neglected. Thalia in the actual RP, and Shayden in his journal. :P

yeah.... I wanna get to the palace just so that we can use our other characters as well, and get to this darned ball (well, the prep for it actually, I'm looking forward to the scene were Thalia is given to Trulin as a maidservant, and then she drafts her into coming to the ball with her. )

however the scene actually goes down xD should be fun

Yeah. Now, how would devious Marius deal with the ball differently from wishy-washy pansy Marius?

hmm.... Expect her to show up and make a mess of things? Maybe be looking forward to it, just for the sheer entertainment of seeing her uncomfortable? Depends on how he's devious.

Hmmmm. . . As a devious villain. . . He doesn't really care about Trulin at this point, and is doing this partially out of duty, but also because he knows about the dragons and the plot to take over the world. . . What exactly is this ball for? Just to announce their engagement to the public? So, he probably would want to make a good impression on the public and make sure that she does too, because he wouldn't want a revolt or anything, so. . . perhaps he suddenly goes from being cold and not wanting anything to do with her to being really affectionate and pretending to be in love with her to gain his nation's approval and such.

And it's devious because we know the affection isn't true.

Except, now that he's devious, his jealousy at Shayden for looking at the woman he doesn't even care about doesn't make sense.

Well, Shayden looking at her, might mean he wanted her and if he tried to have her that would undermine Marius's plans that she is so crucial to. so is anger is not unusual just the cause is different

Ahhh. Yeah, that makes sense.

Plus, it could be put under "Making a show for people's benefit." after all he's supposed to care and want her, so if he did wouldn't he react jealously to someone else oggling her?

so he'd still do it either way, just different motive no matter which one you choose.

Well, it kinda kills the, uh. . .well, the. . . Like, if he hadn't shown any sort of emotion about her before they got to Dragonhalle, then the sudden switch would have had a bigger impact. So, it kinda kills that bigger impact, but since it happened, there's no taking it back, and so I guess those other motives are good. It could be a little of both "Making a show" and not wanting his plans f-ed with.

hmm.... Well, we can just say that he told Shayden "Looking leads to wanting, and wanting leads to losing your head." or some cool remark that firmly says "Back off," but it cold and emotionless. And then later he can have emotion and we can regain that impact.

if you want.

(and what I mean by we can just say is we don't have to edit or fix it, unless you want to track down those posts. We can just have it as a memory edit. for us. Since its our story)

Meh. It's fine the way it is. The past is the past. In roleplaying, I feel that we can just tweak the future however we want. (Kinda like making a memory edit, only with the character's personalities and motives and such rather than events.) But, he did basically say back off, and since it's kinda hard to remember exactly how he felt anyway, this memory edit thing works, too.

Also, I actually am kind of considering making Kease a male just for the hell of it cause it would cause more trouble XD but maybe not. I'm not certain on that one.

Well, didn't you want Marius to find a letter to Kease that sounded kinda romantic like? And, since it's foreign country, the name could just sound like a guy's name to him, but Kease could still be a girl. Just Marius being an idiot.

haha true.

Indeed.

But only if you wanted to. Kease being a guy sounds cool, too.

Hmm... No I just came up with a better idea, Kease will remain female XD

so, I have a plan that at some Point Kease is going to be sent as a messenger or will come of her own will for some reason to find Trulin, and then Marius would see that she's a ... well she... but if a woman and a man of Ailsa come to the palace, and are announced as Kease and --- insert name-- he could assume that the man is kease and go up to him and have a bad reaction or something, and then Kease will step forward and say "You think what of me?" Then in runs trulin and Ailsan greetings ensue.

Greetings probably involving knives XD

but thats just an idea, and of course, Marius will have to still be under the assumption that Kease is a man.