Login to your account

Thread: The general tabletop gaming discussion thread!

The general tabletop gaming discussion thread!

This thread is meant to be more of an open discussion thread about tabletop gaming in general and systems people have played specifically. That said, however, if you're not sure where to start, here are some prompts!

Prompts:
    • What tabletop games/systems have you played?
    • Which is/are your favorite(s)?
    • What would you like to play, but haven't yet?
    • Are you usually a GM/DM/etc or a player? Which do you prefer?
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Oh noes. I are double-posting.

I'll say again, for those who haven't already read elsewhere that at the point I make this post, I've never played a tabletop game before though I've been interested in playing for roughly the last ten years or so.

I've purchased books mostly because I have done and will likely in the future draw rpg character portraits on commission and also because I liked the art in them. Studying actual roleplaying books is what took my vague interest into a much stronger desire to play.

During my stay here in Australia, I've sat in on several sessions of three different games: Scion, Marvel (home-brew rules) and Transylvania Chronicles (I have no idea if that is an established system as I've never heard of it before). I've found all three to be interesting, though currently Scion is of the most interest to me.

I've also been interested in various games, such as: Blue Rose, Dungeons and Dragons (3.5 by preference since that seemed to have the type of rules that made the most sense to me so far), Oriental Adventures/Legend of the Five Rings, Nobilis, Changeling, Call of Cthulhu, Victoriana, aaaaaaaaaaaaaand.... various others that I can't think of without looking at my bookshelf. D:

Anyway - all my stories are second-hand. So tell me what you guys are into and up to?
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin