Login to your account

Thread: OOC : Ardent Announcements

Important updates and announcements will be posted here, please do not post.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

8/2/2011
    Construction complete, waiting for enough characters. 1x1 game that may occasionally cross paths with the main group will be held separately, the main game has not begun.

8/2/2011
    Game construction begun, not yet open for play. Characters can be submitted at any time.
    Last edited by Eden; 08-03-2011 at 02:52 AM.

8/5/2011
    The primary game begins. We are still waiting for a few more players and biographies, but I am giving players a chance to do introductions and interact with each other before the ship takes off and the game truly begins. Please wait for the initial captain's post, before posting yourself.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

8/5/2011
    The ribbon's cut, captain's post's been made, and we're ready for roleplay. Feel free to get situated and play your heart out while we wait for everyone to be ready. And then, we embark.
    Last edited by Eden; 08-07-2011 at 07:18 PM.

8/7/2011
    The ship will be launching in the next day or so. I will try to wait for all biographies to be turned in but all slots are filled and we are ready to go. Characters who have their bios turned in after launch will be assumed to have been there the whole time.

Due to player feedback I've switched the game to Adult and added a new rule.

7. This game is marked 'adult' just in case, but players will incur my wrath if they abuse this at the cost of the roleplay.

5/8/2011
    The Ardent will launch soon, either today or tomorrow IRL. The roleplay need not be wrapped up for launch, but aim to wrap up for the launch night dinner tradition and then a time skip as the night comes to a close.

We still have one spot reserved with no biography ready, but the player is MIA and I will not be stalling the game any longer. Assume the character is onboard at launch and we will deal with it later.

8/17/2011
    Two things today. First one's rather important--to save us time later down the road and to allow me to prepare more for...stuff later down the road, if every player can send me a quick PM answering the following question for their character(s), it will save us both time later:

a91nicole, you can skip questions one and two for Rynn

1. How do they view their ship, the Ardent? Use emotional language or personifications if you can.
    2. Would they view the Ardent more like a destructive beast or a featherlight flyer?
    3. How do they see themselves? ie, what is their self-image?
    4. What aspect of themselves might they fixate on?

And you're done. Second little announcement is that I'll try to start wrapping up dinner. To save us time, and since a few of the players have already RP'd crossing the Vast Sea and mucking about in the ports, I'm going to skip past these moments. But please be prepared to be able to write a post about what happened during this time, within the next few days to a week.

Once we're in Kerria and truly beginning the adventure, and I cannot stress this enough, players of main characters need to remain actively posting. If this is not possible, communicate with me. I am already running into problems with this, and this just won't be feasible when we get past the part the last game ended and get into the actual adventuring area. Every character is going to be needed. The pace of the game will probably slow down but I can't have players suddenly disappearing for a week. I don't want to be mean, but that's the reality of a group RP--you have a responsibility to everyone else. I am of course understanding if things happen and I will try to just control your character as a GM if you suddenly disappear due to circumstances you can't control. But please try to communicate with me whenever possible.

8/31/11
    I've decided to bring the dinner to a close. Feel free to cover how your night ended in your next post. We will timeskip to a day or two away from reaching Kerria, I will need to confer with Dorian Raker on which route the Ardent will be taking. Assume a month or so has passed since the dinner.

9/2/2011
    I am re-opening The Medic slot as its player is MIA. However Jet Alone is always welcome back if the spot is not taken. In other news, the ship is nearing the coast of Kerria. Be sure to keep an eye on The Schism, under Our Ardent Memories, as plot clues will be scattered about.

9/9/2011
    Since the site is super buggy, if you are unable to post, just post on the temporary post thread I'm making. You can find it under the "Journals" tab. I will re-post it in the game thread for you as your character, it will show up under all of your character's posts.

9/10/2011
    We will be docking soon. The captain has decided on another course this time, as such the Ardent will be heading north for the less populated, mountainous region of Kerria. Aside from a brief refueling, this is the last time the ship will see civilization for a long time. We will be timeskipping when the time feels appropriate.