Login to your account

Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1688

Thread: OOC : Ardent

*feels like I just got hit by a train of text* Holy wow! Now I understand why! I would be in the same boat too! Holy hell! I guess even if it is an interesting and awesome job there will still be those awful and annoying people! I am so sorry, Eden!

I also have had experiences where I have heard so many awful and annoying things about a person I don't even want to be near them. xD

Oh and another comment, at least you know that if THAT guy who wanders about can get called back you who busts her rump will CERTAINLY get called back.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Yeah...don't get me wrong, compared to my last job and when I was on the school newspaper this is nothing. This job is spoiling me. XD I've had coworkers/co-editors flat out harass me before. -_-

Feel like ranting about those fun experiences, Schiz? xD

Schiz, I'm tempted to have The Guide wander down and pester Deryn while she's baking, since it may be a bit before someone joins you down there :x

I always end up with only female coworkers, which bothers me. I worked at a small shop and the owner (although she would never say out loud) has a problem with men and would rarely hire one, even when she did she would egg them on to quit or fire them in under a month. And then my second job at Starbucks was all girls... because only girls seemed to apply. And that was awful because the age range was 18-20 so the gossip level was through the roof. I was basically the boy because all I did was work and smile.

I will think of a more interesting and hate filled rant soon enough though, so be ready!

If you'd like! I don't wanna give you another thing you have to do on your list. xD But that would make for interesting writing!

I may not post it today, I'd like to give other folks a chance to take what seems like a fun little opportunity. But I will have fun with it regardless. xD

Ehhh yeah...I don't dislike other women or anything but working with especially younger women (which I did both on the newspaper and at Safeway) they can be very behind your back and pretty cruel. And yeah, there's the gossip. Nooooot a fan. Though as an anthro student I find it fascinating as far as it's function in society, I want no part in it. xD

I am more likely to flirt with girls than gossip with them. I would always say, "Just keep it inside, work your shift, go home and rant it out there." It was always so pointless, the worst part was my boss who was 50 years old at the time was the worst of them all. I blame it on the fact she was in a family of 5 sisters... but still their was no excuse. She would complain to me on a daily basis about each and every one of them, and then smile and be all hugs and love to their faces. Honestly, they would have probably fixed their workmanship flaws if she just approached them about it... but instead she left NOTES. God I hated the notes. They were never directed to me, but they were always all over everything... it was annoying and made everything look cluttered and unclean. (And I was perfection about keeping our Starbucks clean.) But on occasion I would rebel against the negative notes and leave ones that had little chibis on it that said, "Work, smile and have a damn nice day!"

Ehhh...I myself will complain to other coworkers in really bad cases (like the ones I listed above) but I'll also make it clear to them that I'm not happy with what they're doing. My take tends to be either (like yours) rant at home to other people and keep it out of the workplace or be honest to them instead of sweet to their face while you're talking behind their back. THAT is what really irks me, that two-facedness.

Ughhh notes. If someone tried to make me do something differently using notes I'd never change. I don't think anyone would. It's such a rude way to go about it and it probably just makes the person feel like shit or angry...you aren't even given a chance to justify something.

Edit: I am trying to fatten up my old lady sim, somehow she has gone from curvy as a young adult to freakishly skinny as an old woman...XD

Two faced will forever bother me. I had a best friend who was a guy, yeah I know their are a lot more girls who act this way but I've seen guys do it to. Anyway, we were in a clique of a few good friends. I always liked to be their for him, so of course I let him rant out his issues to me... but sometimes he would complain so much about them that I didn't understand... because in person everyone was so chummy. So just goes to show it doesn't just bother me when it's directed at me, it could be anyone.

My mum used to leave me notes, usually nice ones but sometimes they would be passive aggressive rants about things I'm doing wrong. I much prefer face to face discussions, they usually work a lot more.

I can give your sim some of the chocolate chip cookies I'm presently baking.....

Morning all! Sorry, disappeared yesterday playing LA Noire... :3

Utopia, your post made me giggle.

Cas is in big trouble...
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

I think Thana is actually just going to start treating her like a naughty child. Maybe ground her and take away her candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
    I think Thana is actually just going to start treating her like a naughty child. Maybe ground her and take away her candy.
    LOL.
    Take her candy? O.O Cas will get pissed if she do!
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Where is Deryn to come save her ass when she needs it? Someone needs to politely explain that elves are idiots...

I'm loving Thana more and more. x3

-lurks-

Heyooo Ardent~
    “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”
    — Søren Kierkegaard

Hey Lumine~! How you been? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Lumine View Post
    -lurks-

Heyooo Ardent~

Hey Lumine!! Nice to see ya! ^_^

Boredd.... xD but alright I suppose.

How's everyone here doing?
    — Søren Kierkegaard

Well that's better than doing badly... being bored is kind of unappealing though. I suggest you draw an awesome picture with a fairy, a dolphin, a ladybug and a dragon in it. *nods* Yep, that should take care of your boredom. ;D

I'm doing alright, listening to some game soundtracks which is creating a nice ambiance so I might be retiring early tonight.

Hahhaaa, I don't wanna draw. Too restless to sit still and doodle. Ahh well.

Game soundtracks are awesome >;3
    — Søren Kierkegaard

Sorry for not being around, trying hard to enjoy my weekend in case I have overtime next week too xD However I really doubt we will. Night all!

Hey all~ Does indeed look like the project's nearly over and like I'm all done with overtime. I may wait another day or two to reply Utopia as I'd like to give other folks a chance to post. However I'll probably be having The Guide pester Deryn tonight.

I'm guessing Dorian got swept off on another quick job thing.

Hi Eden!

No pressure on you making a post tonight, but I do have to say I'm excited to have another encounter with him. It always proves for some good writing. Also, glad to hear things are surely winding down. I know you must be relieved, and have that awesome sense of accomplishment.

How's your night going?

Night is going good, I'm trying to do everything because I finally have actual time after work. XD Can't believe it's only 7:30! How bout you?

As you said that my spirits were dampened by remembering I run later than you and it's really 10:41. [/sadface]

Well, today was an eventful yet easy day for me. I also got to make a fancy dinner, which I love doing when I actually have time... and the money for proper ingredients. I also got in touch with a good friend of mine who I hadn't been able to get a hold of for a while, so I always love when that happens. I broke a chair today as well, but that was only because I lost a lot of my ramblings when the program crashed and didn't auto save. D: But I'm just fine now!!

That's a mighty eventful day, Schiz! o_o

Yes, which is why I am cherishing relaxing in my bed with my laptop. Watching Highschool of the Dead on and off between discussing the creation of my character for RusanCrosha's new Pathfinder game. I'm a total newb to table top games sooo I need some major assistance. x__x;

I have to admit, all that business today has made me kind of sleepy... but since it's not midnight yet I refuse to sleep. You ever get like that?

Oh yes do I get like that. I used to get like "it's not 5 am and my mom hasn't wandered out to yell at me about staying up late, so I refuse to sleep."

: D

*chuckle* I have been waking up lately somewhere between 4:30 and 5:30am. i can't even imagine staying up that late anymore. Though I do have occasional bouts of forced insomnia.

Morning Utop! That is way to freaking early to wake up. What's the occasion? Or do you go to bed early?

Promise I'll do my three posts tonight.

My little grub worm likes to eat around 5am (and 3am). After getting up at 3, feeding and changing him, then putting him back down, I fake sleep for a couple of hours until his next feeding, then get up because I just can't go to sleep.

Also, I get up at 5:30 for work normally anyway.

Oh babies, they run your life for you. xD But hey, he sounds like a charmer so I'm sure you can't help but bow to his every whim. XD