Login to your account

Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1688

Thread: OOC : Ardent

Yeah, I love this game! It's super buggy (though I think that's just the PC) but it's a really unique and intense game. The single player and multiplayer are both fun but feel really different. Single player is really scary...XD

Dunno if we'd be able to play together on seperate systems.

I am having a blast with it as well. A little bummed the game doesn't allow split screen... but it makes sense not to allow that seeing as it would probably make the console explode. xD

Which character did you choose? I took the chick with the knife specialty. It was either her or Sam B with his super fly rapper self. I've only had it for a few days, but I know for sure that I'll be getting a lot out of it. And multiplayer is a lot of fun! (Less stressful because I don't have to always worry about getting ambushed.)
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Yeah I took the same, Xian Mei I think her name is? I have a hard time remembering it...which is pretty sad for someone who is usually good with Chinese names. XD My friend and I both wanted to play girls so I let her pick who she wanted and she picked Purna. Except everyone plays Xian Mei so I keep getting in groups composed entirely of her...XD

And yeah, competitive games like the ones in L4D are stressful for me too. Usually just ends up with someone getting upset...

Xian Mei! Yes, that's her name. I think because I never like say it out loud I can't seem to remember it. I think I'm going to blame the reviews that Dead Island got, I watched two (one on G4 and one on XBL) and both of them recommended her as a good first run character. I love Purna too... she has a funny personality and a pretty badass back story. The guys are neat, but aren't as badass background wise... in my opinion.

Yes, they usually do. And I'm very hot headed.... so if someone flips out I have a tendency to snap back. I'm a sensitive wiwwle baby. ;-; I didn't start actually playing games with others till like 3 years back.

Humble Farmer With a Sword Dorian Raker's Avatar
    That kind of nerdrage is exactly why I can't do the multiplayer thing for longer than six or seven minutes. My time is at a premium and I don't need someones Requiem for a Rage Quit in a whiny prepubescent drone.

This is why I look forward to games like Skyrim. 300 hours of entertainment where if I feel the need to murder someone horribly with a sharp implement I don't have to hear that person call me an "ass-douche" for the next half hour.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

So, I guess my question is: Dead Island, a sound investment as a single player experience?

Dead Island: intense fun, if you're okay with it being REALLY buggy. Though I think it's only buggy on the PC. But myself and my usual zombie-killing buds all love it. Don't love the characters like I do the ones from L4D/2, though.

Also looking forward to Skyrim. And...and so many other games. All the more motivation to work more overtime, hah.

I'm still sick... D:

I don't care anymore. I'm fucking bored outta my mind and I feel like shit so I'm gonna try to write posts even if it KILLS ME! (Maybe I'll end up in a better mood?) I feel like such a kid making a big deal over little stomach flu or something, but I've never been sick like this before. Normally I get stuff like this for a day tops, and then it's gone... T^T

Dorian: I can't take it. Especially when it's a little kid using words I never even KNEW at that age. And I always get the normal anti-female comments whenever anything happens. If it's not already obvious I get anxiety just being in a crowded library for christ sake, you can only imagine how eye twitchy I get when I know if I somehow screw up I'll have a multitude of younger kids screaming in my ear. D:<

For me, Dead Island is not buggy but then again I play on Xbox 360. It is amazing single player, and I have a lot of fun roaming and killing and making discoveries but when I have invited my friends to play with me... that is quite fun as well. I'm just not for teaming up with the randoms.. (but that can be turned off so it never happens.)

Eden: Oh yes, I've got a few games I am greatly looking forward to coming out... Skyrim being one of them.

Tele: Sometimes that'll make you feel better. I do my best to pretend not to be sick when I am sick and it kind of makes my cold just give up and in my opinion goes away faster. (But my opinion is usually crushed by logical thinking in the sense of rest+tea=better.)

I am a firm believer in a nice hot cup of tea to make myself feel better. If you stomach is what is giving you grief, I suggest ginger or mint tea (or both). Also, Basil tea can calm an upset stomach (take a regular old black tea and add in a few shakes of dried basil).

I also take a healthy dose of Jewish penicillin when I am sick. Not the kind out of a can- the real stuff. Like mom used to make. I think it is the combination of protein, parsley and veggies that knocks just about anything out of my system. or it is just the fact that it is tasty. (Of course if you can't keep anything down, the side of saltines is probably what does the trick.)

Hey folksies~ Looks like I've got overtime for the rest of the week again. I'm getting more used to it though so am not as tired. But I likely won't post tonight as there's lots of other things I need to take care of.

The posts gave me huge smiles.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Hope you feel better, Telemachn. If it makes you feel any better, you can rest assured that game you're excited about is going to be mighty fun.

^ ^ I FINALLY feel better! It was one doozy of a stomach flu though. Hit me Thursday night and today is the first day I feel myself again. Bleh.

*sparkly eyes* Eden you know I may try to treat you as my personal walkthrough if I get stuck on anything in that game! xD

Thanks for advice Utopia. My family are big believers in the powers of ginger and mint... Although I've never heard of basil? I'll have to try that next time. Although I really hope there ISN'T a next time! ><

Oh boy, Thana is angry. Cas is really not giving her a good opinion of her!
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

@Tele -whistles innocently- Glad you're feeling better!

@Brook The elves kidnapped her daughter! Bahahaha. xD

That would be a funny sight to see on the road though! xD

Hey all! Just got back from work. Think my eyes are bleeding. Or is that my face?

What!? That really can't be good for your health... either one!! I told you not to over work yourself! We need our GM to be alive... x-x

They aren't really bleeding...just in my soul D;

Schiz, DI is so insanely fun...the other day I drove a truck with my friend in the trunk into the ocean while my boyfriend watched and took screens...eventually the game said we were leaving the playable map so it ported us back but the truck was still floating waaaaaay out there. XD

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...818582717090/?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/poisont...686?tab=public
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Scavar/...798155360331/?

Hahaha! I can't believe the truck didn't just vanish! Oh, and I almost forgot to tell you. I was playing DI with a friend the other day and telling him about how you said your PC version was buggy but he says that Steam accidentally released the wrong copy which made it way buggier than what you guys were supposed to get. Don't know if they've fixed it yet for you guys but I assume they wouldn't just leave you with the unfinished version.

Yeah, I heard about that and saw screenshots of it (and briefly had that version)--I believe it did update but it's still pretty buggy. Nothing too crazy usually, though. Just things like sometimes cutscenes look crazy, or zombies will be dead standing up...xD

Edit: Not sure if I'll do much posting tonight, we're nearing the end of the project and I need some serious BF time. GM stuff though I won't slack on.

Errr...

With the ship taking back off, should I assume Abida got back to the ship alright (with a sack full of sweets) and Thana didn't have to go elf murdering?

Yeah sorry I should have clarified. I did say before the ship docked that I'd be forcing the ship to start flying again in a few days and that everyone was assumed to have returned to the ship and could still roleplay out what happened in that time.

Sorry, I am just so tired lately and not thinking all that straight when I post. I just didn't want the ship stuck in port forever. Abida and Cas can have snuck back on the ship together, but you can still play her as "missing". Cas would have bought some candy, maybe they are counting it together. XD

I can probably post tonight, our hours got crazy long and now they're getting short again, I think we're nearly done with this crazy project.

-collapses-

We are aaaaaalmost done with this project...cannot wait for it to be over. Posts incoming. I want to apologize for how much the quality of my GMing/posts has deteriorated as a result. It'll be over soon, I promise.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Going to wait till tomorrow or Friday to post for Andy, Tele--sorry for keeping you waiting. Since his stuff is plot-sensitive I don't want to butcher it and my posting skill has deteriorated during the weekdays. xD

Psssh, I see how it is! xD Everyone gets the love but me! Haha, it's cool. I got a new 1x1 going with Rix (Remember her?) and I need to spend some time putting that in order and getting it started, so I can use the mini-break.

I lied, I'm doing it to spite you! >: D

*Rolls eyes* It's YOUR game that's not going anywhere! xD .... Oh wait you're in mine too.... O.o

Trust me, Eden. With all the work and stress you've been carrying on your shoulders at work. You are still doing a great job keeping up with Ardent, if it were me. I'd be totally slacking off, or sleeping the second I got home. But I do appreciate your commitment m'dear~!

I really hope things wind down soon for you though... that much constant chaos can be overwhelming at times! x_x; Did you kill any of your coworkers with controllers yet?

Yay it's Frrraaaaaayyyydaaaaaay!!!!!

We are about 99.9% done with US -English and now we are just waiting for the other two languages to catch up, basically. So overtime is probably over, at best we probably have another week left.

Just got home and still getting settled but will slowly be getting around to organizing myself. In other news, I pre-ordered Skyrim!

Edit: Haven't killed anyone yet but close to it!

Skyrim is going to be a lot of fun. I expect to not hear from my friends for a while after that game comes out. I went to the midnight release party at my local Gamestop for Gears of War 3 and one of the more awkward guys who works there was talking to me about the game but in a strange way that made me feel like he knew absolutely nothing about it, or even had his own opinion. It was a lot of... "my manager said it was going to be a huge game!" I obviously didn't say anything, but usually if my friends do that I always call them out on it. On a side note, I was just trying not to be awkward seeing as I was one out of two girls their the whole night. xD

I am kind of curious to ask.. who and why exactly you want to kill them. xD

I'm too old to go to midnight releases for games these days. I just pre-order on amazon and they show up at my house. Of course, my PS3 is currently broken (a source of rage for me since it broke on the last system update...and no- it isn't a graphics setting, I tried all that already). It is one of the old first gen PS3's too so i could still play all of my PS1 and PS2 games on it.

Hey you two~

I mostly play PC games these days so pre-ordering online (unless it's fucking EA, they are never on time with digital pre-orders) lets me continue being lazy. The only games coming up that I'd go to midnight releases for (hell, camp for) are GW2 and ICO3...

That sounds annoying, Schizo...I've noticed now that I work around a lot of gamer guys who don't know the handful of female testers on my team, there's a lot of awkward half-flirting directed our way. I'm not really used to dealing with it and it's just awful and...awkward awkward awkward. >_< Even at Nintendo there's not many girls and about 3/4 of the women there are professional bilinguals/office workers etc, not gamers. And yeah at Gamestop there's always some of that.

Well you asked for the rant Schizo:

There are a few coworkers I am annoyed with...there's two that just wander in circles chatting with everyone and not actually working--they're both people who have previously worked here and aren't just "xmas time temps". So it really irks me that I'm busting my ass hoping they'll bring me back for more projects, when these guys clearly aren't putting in any effort. Specifically one of them had been tasked to run through the game on a certain mode with a new save as quickly as he could, so a specific bug could be re-confirmed. Another tester was relying on him to do this, and the coordinator had said something along the lines of "get it done fucking quickly". You can debug through a lot of the game (just fly through the dungeons to the end, skip the cutscenes, etc) and this guy was dicking around in the game and slacking so he could eat (we'd just had lunch...) and he kept just wandering around the cubicles over and over instead of sitting in his seat. He had his keys hanging out so you could hear him everytime he came around...again...and again...and again...and the guy had to keep coming over telling this guy "you seriously need to hurry up". They finally brought in other people to do it.

Also there's two testers that get on my nerves because they ask a lot of you and don't seem to care. One has learned not to ask me any more (I made it kind of clear I was really annoyed with him)--for example he asked me to confirm a bug in all three US languages, but he hadn't done ANY research yet he told me to run through this whole portion of the game three times to test the bug. He didn't even have the courtesy to go get me the SD card with the save file on it, I even said while I was doing text check (at this time I was one of the only people on US English text check and it's a really critical job) "alright, bring me a card with the right save on it and I'll do it". And he just kind of looked at me. I ended up having to keep trying different cards and wasting so much time. It ended up taking me about 2 hours, at which point he came over wringing his hands and was like, "oh, well it turns out you only have to do these two things to make it happen". I at least was polite but really firm about telling him he needs to do his research next time, or find other people. :\ It was the second time he'd done something like this.

The first time, he'd "found a bug" and it basically meant that certain files in a sort of journal-like menu caused the system to crash. There were a LOT of entries in this "journal". So he gathers up some people (myself included) and asks each of us to research one language, and go through every single journal to find which crash. He said the coordinator wants him to do this. Now, the coordinator would have been 100% right in having us research all this. We wouldn't have even needed to ask the coordinator, something like that just needs to be 100% researched. But this guy didn't even bother to check that the bug had already been submitted (keep in mind this was very early in the project, not many bugs to search through and the "journal" had a very simple, unique name that'd make searching for any related bugs extremely easy) and that there was a note on there saying to hold off on reporting it because the devs hadn't finished it.

We got about an hour into researching this when one of the people he'd asked to do this walked over and was pretty annoyed, and told him the bug was already reported and we weren't supposed to be researching this. Throughout all of these two things the guy just didn't seem to understand that he was asking a lot of us.

So the final coworker I'm sort of annoyed with is just one that's been bugging my favorite coworkers, not really me. I first started hearing about how annoying he was right after the incident with the previous guy, on the same day...another coworker asked me to confirm something a little complicated that needed a specific save. And I was kind of joking since this person is always polite to me, and said something along the lines of, "so long as it doesn't take two hours and you have the courtesy to get me the SD card" and I told them what happened but didn't name names. They asked if it was a different coworker, who had apparently been doing shit like that.

So I'm hearing now about how this person will pester people constantly to confirm things in HIS OWN VERSION (explanation needed: each person can only confirm in US or EU, but it's generally a matter of common decency that you test in your own versions and only ask for help in other versions) when it was really simple stuff he could have done. For example he'd be sitting at his own desk and email someone to come see him and if they could confirm something for him. It'd be something as simple as opening up the pause menu, no reason he couldn't do it. Then he'd just disappear and come back and hour later after you'd ask for an SD card, or act really unsure if you asked him to get it. Or wander over to your desk and go "oh, can you help me with something....*blank stare*...no, you can't help me, nevermind...*wanders off*". I even overheard someone else chewing them out because they went asking for confirmations for a bunch of people right after a senior tester told them that same bug had been fixed. >_<

I want to shoot this person and I've never talked to them lol.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Oh my god that was a way longer rant than I intended...what have you done, Schiz? xD