Login to your account

Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1688

Thread: OOC : Ardent

-frolics about-

Ardent~

Okay sooo yay I got a job xD Finally. At a bookstore. Sooo Lumine has more fo a life.

I was also wondering, since Dorian's so busy and I'm Ardent deprived if we can move Barasa and Fort's conversation to his quarters or whatever and continue it there when he's available so it isn't muddled up in the pace of the game orrr if there is another alternative?
    “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”
    — Søren Kierkegaard

Yup, that's a brilliant idea Lumine--that's the kind of stuff I am 100% in favor of, I don't like holding back RP for conversations that can happen alongside the main RP. Consider it done, and sorry I didn't think of it myself! Just be sure to let Dorian know. I'd say I'm going to but I know I'll just forget.

Yay!

^^ I'll message him about it in a bit then~
    — Søren Kierkegaard

So how has your week been Lumine~

I dislike my new project's team, I feel like I'm in a men's club. -_-

o-o Men's club? Goodness. I hope it works out?

My week has been alright so far. I was painting a room all morning so I'm a little sleepy. Working on some roleplay replies at the moment ... albeit slowly. And I start work tomorrow. Which is always exciting. ^^ Otherwise, I haven't done much (apart from the seven hour drive home on Monday), unless you want to count cringing through an eyebrow waxing session earlier this afternoon. Dx
    Last edited by Lumine; 10-12-2011 at 02:37 AM.
    — Søren Kierkegaard

Are you sleepy because you inhaled so many fumes? xD

Good luck with your new job! Are you nervous?

Hahaa, maybe. I don't know. I woke up at a stupid time this morning becuase my friend pocket dialed me. Around like 7am I think.

I am nervous, but I've always wanted to work at a bookstore. I just have to get over the whole OMGPEOPLE thing. Which will take awhile but ohhh well. It'll be worth it.
    — Søren Kierkegaard

Yeah a bookstore will be an awesome place to work! I bet you'll get discounts and everything hehe. Is it a chain or a little store?

....Haa... a chain... because Indigo decided to eat up all their competition in Canada. Local bookstores are... a rarity - as in I have never seen one and I've been pretty much across Canada. The other chain companies (ie. Chapters, Coles) like I said got eaten up by Indigo back in 2001. So you can say... MONOPOLY.

But yeah I get 30% discounts on books and they have a borrowing program for the staff so I can literally borrow any book I want. Which is awesome.
    — Søren Kierkegaard

Nice! And the books won't be all odd-smelling like at a library. xD

That's so weird that you guys don't have any local bookstores. Or I mean that they're *that* rare. Even the US has a fair amount. o_o

lol I suppose not. xD

I imagine the majors cities do, and I seriously hope they do. As much as I like Indigo, I don't like monopolies. It's just a matter of being able to find them. But speaking from my experience, the only thing closest to a local bookstore we had (in a town of 7000) was a christian bookstore/cafe thing that went out of business after only two years.
    — Søren Kierkegaard

I've found that it's more the little isolated towns that have them, the kind of towns you'd find on roadtrips haha. I also don't like monopolies--it's a shame to hear that there is one that big in such a...big country!

omg post -reads-

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Oh, btw?

Yeah... no they generally don't exist in small towns x-x I was looking it up and most of the Independent Bookstores in Canada are located within the major cities.

Hahaa, big country perhaps, but our population is only 34 million. So even though we are REALLY BIG, we're really very small and spread out compared to the US. xD

//wtf xD Daddy Long Legs? Thanks for the gigglefit.

In other news I just got home from my first shift which was just orientation >.< I'm so excited, I officially start Monday. Monopoly crap aside, it really is an amazing store. The people are awesome. xD
    — Søren Kierkegaard

That's great that you already like the people! Do your bosses seem nice?

Yesss. Was also one of the ladies that interviewed me. xD She's very excited to work with me apparently. The whole "I'm shy but I want to overcome it" thing reallly hit home with her so I got lucky~
    — Søren Kierkegaard

Grats!! I never would have guessed you were shy. xD Then again, I'm shy IRL too so...I guess people are just really different online hehe. Hey, you're almost at 666 posts. :P

lol Dudeee xD I wonder what title I'll get xD

But yeah it's easy when you're not face to face. Honestly I was diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder (panic attacks, the whole deal) a little under two years ago but I don't make a habit of talking much about it. Trying to move past that xD. And it seems to be working the more I settle into the mindframe that I'm just shy instead of mentally ill. Oddly enough makes it a hell of a lot easier to deal with.
    — Søren Kierkegaard

And there it is. The final go ahead for Fort and Barasa to carry out their timefreeze elsewhere~ Dorian sends his apologies and love and expects to be back soon. :3
    Last edited by Lumine; 10-13-2011 at 07:41 AM.
    — Søren Kierkegaard

Morning darlings~

Aww, Dorian! :'( Glad he expects to be back soon! Ship just isn't the same without him.

That does sound hard to deal with--I don't think people understand just how scary and difficult face-to-face social stuff can be for people who are outside the whole system. I definitely was helped a lot by my last retail (ish) job, so I tihnk it'll help you a lot Especially since maybe at a bookstore people sort of expect the employees to be bookworms to a certain extent. Gives you some leeway!

Morninggg.

You're right about that. I think the hardest part about it though is having to integrate into society after so many years of avoiding it. There's a social awkwardness that comes with it that's hard to break. But I'm in high hopes that this job does for me what yours did for you xD. And I'm greatful for that leeway. So happy I got in at Indigo instead of the other retail job I applied for.
    — Søren Kierkegaard

What was the other one? D:

Dammit I lose my 666 thanks to this post >_<

Believe it or not. Thrift Store chain. Value Village. Horrible D; but it was in the area and they were looking for people. Bahh so happy I didn't get it xD.
    — Søren Kierkegaard

That Daddy Long Legs guy.... I honestly had to watch it like three times in a row, and then post it on my facebook. He also does a rant about rock paper scizzors and it made me lol even harder. xD
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Oh, thank god Lumine, that would have been awful xD

Yeah that guy is hilaaaarious, I love his "tell me what to do" where he takes a shower in an airplane xD

Hi Schiz!! x3

Oh, Eden, you think Barasa could have his own room or something to accomadate the whole Fort/Barasa thing? Or would the Crew's quarters be fine for that?
    — Søren Kierkegaard

It's up to you, would you like an area created? I want to make sure before I ask, since they're tough to delete. xD Either'd be fine though.

The only thing I'd be worried about if it takes place in the Crew's Quarters is if I happen to post in current game time with Barasa and it happens to take place or end up in the Crew's Quarters - which would result in confusion, I think. So, I guess. Yes I wouldn't mind having an area created, if it's not too much trouble. Unless of course, you know of a better alternative.
    — Søren Kierkegaard

Ok--will do!

Thank you <3
    — Søren Kierkegaard

Oh my, it's already coming in on 4:30... >_> I really didn't accomplish much today in the real world, but I needed to update myself with all my current games. I fell behind this past week.

How has everyone been? I haven't really had the time to have a nice relaxed talk with you guys in a while!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.