Login to your account

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What can we do for you?

Really appreciate having ideas/suggestions/etc listened to even if it doesn't go anywhere. Despite all the posts here I love this place, it is top-notch for RP.

I do however have one idea that is maybe outside the realm of reality. But it would be insanely helpful, regardless. It would be really useful if each location would allow a player to just declare their character is in there. It would make it a lot easier to keep track if there was say, a tick box for each location, and someone coming into the location could look at that, then check the posts from those characters, instead of reading every post in the last 10 pages to see who's around, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Really appreciate having ideas/suggestions/etc listened to even if it doesn't go anywhere. Despite all the posts here I love this place, it is top-notch for RP.

I do however have one idea that is maybe outside the realm of reality. But it would be insanely helpful, regardless. It would be really useful if each location would allow a player to just declare their character is in there. It would make it a lot easier to keep track if there was say, a tick box for each location, and someone coming into the location could look at that, then check the posts from those characters, instead of reading every post in the last 10 pages to see who's around, etc.
    That is why I tell people in Carmine to read a couple posts of backlog, not every post on every page, just so they know what is happening at the current moment in time.

Not sure exactly how a deceleration tally would really help much. Since you still gotta read some backlog, but I might be misunderstanding the description of the tally system.

Not opposed to a "current location" notification, but I'm not entirely certain how used/useful it would be. xD; But I'm also not quite understanding what you intend for the feature, so if you could explain it in an alternate way, that would help. :3 I'm quite dim today, honestly. xD; ::was up a good portion of the night because of her cough:: >_>;

I did want to mention that from the Characters page of a game, you could click on the "Posts" button (one of those grey buttons) and get posts only from that character. Of course, with the way that section is set up currently it looks like you have to scroll to the end of that character's posts to find out their current location, but it should give you a quick work around for now.
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Here's another way of putting it: on the location's page where it shows all the posts, at the top it also shows every character currently marked as in that location. The idea isn't really so much to see where a specific character is, as it is to see who's in a location at a glance (and thus whose posts need to be read before stepping in).

Oh ho - I see. That would be interesting, the way I see it in my head. :3
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

What can we do, to make it easier for you to share your roleplays?
    Hmm...haven't tried to start one yet. I'll get back to you once I have on that one. ^_^'

Whats the #1 reason your rp buddies won't join wtf?
    Because they haven't heard of it I would guess....all two of them.

If we had a roleplay importer tool, which site(s) would you like to be able to import your roleplays from?
    Mene.

Would you like to be able to use your facebook account, for a quick login/signup?
    No. I don't like tying stuff to Facebook if I can help it.

Would you advertise wtf in your signatures? If not, why?
    Sure, if I had room. Maybe if the character limit on Mene sigs was increased slightly I could squeeze it in. ^_^

Whats your favorite feature here? Is there anything we are missing that other sites already have?
    I haven't tried it yet...does the dice code work here like on Mene? That is an awesome feature if you don't already have it.

Can we make it easier to start a rp? What about helping with ideas?
    It is a little intimidating...maybe if there was a tutorial that walked people through the first time. Not just a FAQ to read before one jumps in but something that actually coaches one through the process. Might be difficult to set up... O_o'

Would you like an off-topic forum? Can we do anything to make it more fun here?
    I don't feel an off-topic forum is strictly needed. I have Mene for that. I will say having doll avatars rather than just pictures would make it more fun for me. Maybe a Character builder of sorts? As part of Character creation.

Any other comments, opinions, complaints, praise?
    This is a really neat idea and I hope it takes off. If I knew any people I'd tell them about it. ^_^

What can we do, to make it easier for you to share your roleplays?
    I thought it was fairly easy. ^^;

Whats the #1 reason your rp buddies won't join wtf?
    Lame people are lame. But seriously, most of my friends won't join because...
    A) They don't have time
    B) Don't want to join another RP site
    C) Are too comfy on the current RP site they hail from and refuse to join another one for reasons beyond me

D) Out of spite... dem jerks

If we had a roleplay importer tool, which site(s) would you like to be able to import your roleplays from?
    Mene(wsha) would be EPIC!

Would you like to be able to use your facebook account, for a quick login/signup?
    Hell no! I like to keep my roleplay accounts private from my real life doings. I don't need my employers knowing that I do this kinda stuff.

Would you advertise wtf in your signatures? If not, why?
    I currently advertise WTF. :3

Whats your favorite feature here? Is there anything we are missing that other sites already have?
    The full-featured roleplay system. It's the best! Pure genius. LOVE LOVE LOVE

Maybe have a tab for character coding? I know a ton of people ask me "what's the format" and I have to tell them to follow mine or change it. Having a section for generic templates would be awesome.

Would you like an off-topic forum? Can we do anything to make it more fun here?
    Sure! Why not. More places for me to stalk people. I mean make new friends.

Any other comments, opinions, complaints, praise?

Definitely my new favorite RP site. I used to be on this one that I loved, but the atmosphere had drastically changed so I up and quit it. The people here are nice and I really like the layout of this site. It's also less "adult-oriented." It still has adult sections, but the whole site isn't for 18+. I really like that. It means my 18 and under friends can still join me here. WTF is simply amazing. It's like Mene, only more sophisticated and mature. <3
    Last edited by Xavirne; 11-09-2011 at 03:21 PM.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    [COLOR=#ff00ff]Maybe have a tab for character coding? I know a ton of people ask me "what's the format" and I have to tell them to follow mine or change it. Having a section for generic templates would be awesome.

Or keep the format we have as a default, but allow the Host to add or change the character template according to their needs.
    Being able to add sections specific to the RP world would be amazing. For example being able to add a tiny spot for factions, race, or religious standing (instead of having all that in the extra section.)

Quote Originally Posted by Strude View Post
    Or keep the format we have as a default, but allow the Host to add or change the character template according to their needs.
    Being able to add sections specific to the RP world would be amazing. For example being able to add a tiny spot for factions, race, or religious standing (instead of having all that in the extra section.)
    OMG! Yes! That sounds brilliant! It would be far more organized too... instead of having a massive amount of unorganized text thrown into the "Extra" section. Besides, it would also allow for people to go into more depth about an area/location and, like you said, race.

- hangouts -

REVISED: Whats the #1 reason your rp buddies won't join wtf?
    It won't let them join. I've had at least two friends tell me WTF won't let them join because they are flagged as "spam" or a "bot."

Here's what they told me:
    haha. I'll join if it'll let me. It kept accusing me of being like a computer or something like that. I don't remember.

It wasn't letting me join the site anyway. Not sure why really. Some crap about preventing spamming.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 08-31-2011 at 01:30 PM.

- hangouts -

Xavrine - Your friends may be on IPs that are shared with spammer IPs. :/

If worst comes to worst, you could give me their email address, desired username and a temporary password and I can create their accounts for them. By PM, of course!
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

NOPE! I refuse to make it private. Imma post it right here. XP
    But thanks, I'll let them know.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 11-09-2011 at 03:21 PM.

- hangouts -

Links to the game (for example in a profile Roleplay tab) should really go to the Overview instead of the Game World tab. :x

Okay, this is kind of a weird suggestion. Strude and I made some offhand comments about how for location-based Full Featured games, it can be hard to read through from the beginning to the end using the Game Log, because things are scattered everywhere.

If there was any way GMs could modify the game log or have a live copy of the game where they can order the posts around, that would be pretty sweet and make the game more reader-friendly. But that is kind of a weird and probably not doable request. XD Maybe there is a better idea for how to solve that issue.

Still need to take some time and go through this thread and make up a list of suggestions, plausible solutions, and so forth.

So still fully taking suggestions here. ^^ Actually, even after I do so, I'm still taking suggestions in this thread.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

I was wondering how hard it would be to make another section in the OUT OF CHARACTER section.

It might be nice -- and convenient -- to have a Logs/Journals/Absences thread. You know, so users can explain their lapses in posting or so they can document things such as a personal discoveries and such.

It's just an idea. It would make finding things a lot easier, too. By all means, it isn't necessary. I know sites that break down the OOC sections into a General Discussion area that allows people the option to choose between Media, Community Discussion, General Discussion, and then the User Logs.

Perhaps something like this would be more useful with more active members. But yeah, just my two cents on expanding the site.

- hangouts -

I can do that. Give me a few minutes.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

I think adding a chat program to full featured games would be nifty. A little link that takes you into a chat for the game and then saves the logs into a thread (even if you have to manually save the chat log I would be cool with it). I would even donate the cash dollars to get that looked at.

By the way, is there a paypal link to donate? I really enjoy this site and would like to see it evolve and grow with the player base and I know that takes the dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
    By the way, is there a paypal link to donate? I really enjoy this site and would like to see it evolve and grow with the player base and I know that takes the dollars.
    There's a button titled "Donate" on the top menu. If you click it it'll transfer you to a PayPal site.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    There's a button titled "Donate" on the top menu. If you click it it'll transfer you to a PayPal site.
    *Face to palm* Duh. My monitor is smaller than normal (my nice one broke) and I have to scroll over to see it. Also, it blends and I just wasn't expecting it there. I was looking in the other tabs. *laugh*

Moops. xD At least you've found it! :3 I'll mention to Insomniac what you were donating in hopes of, if you don't mention it yourself in any text block. xD (I've not donated here myself, so I don't know what the options are. xD; )
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

*raises hand*
    I don't remember if all this was requested, so forgive if it was:

Is there maybe a way to implement an easy "open/close" RP button for the FF games? Like next to edit/subscribe so that we wouldn't have to edit the whole thing just to temp open or close it? (I keep fearing all info will go poof someday lol *paranoid*)

Incidentally, an 'invitation' button or whatever to invite friends into the rp without having to open it for everyone and hope no one else makes a character while person-in-completely-different-timezone is sleeping?

(ooc)

You shoould be able to do the first one by going to the "Manage Roleplays" forum. I'd have to double-check, but I'm 95% sure you can just click a button without having to go through the edit the whole thing. xD;

Specified invites would be a good feature.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Ah! I see it, the little lock! Why, I'm sorry, I rarely have reasons to go there unless I'm messing around with locations and giving people keys lol (And I don't know why, because it's a useful section!).
    However there seems to be a difference- that the lock there opens and closes the whole game, and the option in the edit section only opens and closes character submissions? I haven't really tried it, but does using the lock means no one already inside can post too? (because right now, I closed it to new players, but the game is marked as open from the lock there).

You know, I'm fairly sure this is something I already knew *scratches head* <_<; Maybe it's just the wee hours of the morning that have me confused, but it's flying right over my head... xD

(ooc)

Quote Originally Posted by Tahiel View Post
    Ah! I see it, the little lock! Why, I'm sorry, I rarely have reasons to go there unless I'm messing around with locations and giving people keys lol (And I don't know why, because it's a useful section!).
    However there seems to be a difference- that the lock there opens and closes the whole game, and the option in the edit section only opens and closes character submissions? I haven't really tried it, but does using the lock means no one already inside can post too? (because right now, I closed it to new players, but the game is marked as open from the lock there).

You know, I'm fairly sure this is something I already knew *scratches head* <_<; Maybe it's just the wee hours of the morning that have me confused, but it's flying right over my head... xD
    The Lock button in Manage Roleplays closes the entire game. You can't make new characters and you can't post either.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Ah, thanks Brook! I had a momentary mind blank with the locking and closing. lol
    Then a button to open/close only characters applications in a fast, easy way would still be rather useful <_<

(ooc)

Hmm! It's been so long since I played with that feature, I didn't realize. xD; Sorry for misinforming. >_> <_< It can go on the wishlist then. :3
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Hey, it's no problem. :3 As it's obvious it's been a while I've played with the features too. lol Besides it was still pertinent. It IS a simpler way to close an rp, it just closes it a bit too much. xD

(ooc)

I WISH FOR...
    I think it would be freaking amazing if we had three choices in the Full-Feature Forum.

Private/OnexOne
    Public/Group
    Dead/Inactive/Closed

It would make weeding out the private roleplays from the new group ones. It would also clear up some of the clutter from closed stories or inactive ones, too. Yes, GMs can delete their stories, but sometimes it's nice to see how you've improved over the years. That and sometimes people forget to clone their characters. D:

But yeah, just my suggestion. Not sure if it's possible to separate based on this, but it would be awesome if it could happen.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 06-11-2012 at 03:32 PM.

- hangouts -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    I WISH FOR...
    I think it would be freaking amazing if we had three choices in the Full-Feature Forum.

Private/OnexOne
    Public/Group
    Dead/Inactive/Closed

It would make weeding out the private roleplays from the new group ones. It would also clear up some of the clutter from closed stories or inactive ones, too. Yes, GMs can delete their stories, but sometimes it's nice to see how you've improved over the years. That and sometimes people forget to clone their characters. D:

But yeah, just my suggestion. Not sure if it's possible to separate based on this, but it would be awesome if it could happen.
    Oh, I feel like I've said something similar before, haha, but I second this. Mostly for the private rps.

However... Being a GM that has two-ish inactive rps, I wouldn't want my supposedly 'inactive' one (the other is kinda of dead tho) weeded out just because it's gathered no interest yet.
    But I also know some people either lose interest in their games or forget they exist, and never go back to close or delete them, or whatever they want to do.

SO.... Perhaps, something like an automated warning email/PM when your FF game has been inactive (defined as = no one posting) for x months (2? 3?), with a link along the lines of "Your game has been inactive for x months, if you still want this game to remain active, click the link", and if you don't click it, the game turns inactive on its own? That way you weed out truly inactive ones from those that are just waiting for people to join.

Or if that sounds too annoying for those having too many games... xD err, I dunno, I would say all games made by a person who hasn't logged in forever can be marked as inactive automatically, but there could still be people playing in them I suppose...

I'd say a button to mark as "active" by the owner themselves wouldn't work since they may go away and never mark it inactive.

Also to help a bit, maybe the Roleplays button can default to all open roleplays, instead of all-all roleplays?

Well, I'm just typing nonsense now and that's probably not half of what Xavirne meant...

My point is closed != dead/inactive, but a distinction for the dead/inactive ones would be good nonetheless.

... did that make any sense?

(ooc)