Login to your account

Thread: Vampire: The Masquerade? With or without rulebooks?

Vampire: The Masquerade? With or without rulebooks?

I'd like to test the waters to see if there is any interest in a VTM style roleplay. Could theoretically be VTR (never looked at that one though), and could be played with or without strict adherence to the rules. I'm fine with any sort of set up, it would depend on what the group wants.

This would need a fairly large group as well as probably a GM if we are going to go with the rulebook. Could be some sort of overarching background plot while vampires try to make their way in the world, or a specific goal.

I have some interested folks, so thought I'd start putting out more specific ideas. The idea would be to utilize WTF's location system to the fullest, having minimal GMing and just letting people create their own stories. Some ideas:

Players should be encouraged to create human characters, vampire hunters, ghouls, etc.
    GMs dictate general clan and major NPC activities.
    Very loose and casual use of the VtM rules, more for setting/character set up.
    Rolls occur only when needed. Otherwise, in usual forum RP style, let people figure out the outcome.
    Experience perhaps given on a weekly/biweekly basis to active PCs? GMs can decide if anyone gets extra?
    Locations divided into Day and Night locations?