Login to your account

Thread: One-on-One---{ for Epic Nyans (All Nyan-d out for the moment, sorry~)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Humble Farmer With a Sword Nyan Cat's Avatar

One-on-One---{ for Epic Nyans (All Nyan-d out for the moment, sorry~)

The Cat Behind the Nyan

Allo~ I am Nyan Cat, as you may have noticed. I migrated here from Gaia, though I still do most of my roleplaying there. I'd like hat to change a bit, though~ My layout will be relatively simple, since I find myself lacking comfort with the reply section of WTFRPG, but I have that probably with practically everything that isn't Gaia. I just haven't formatted on anything else.

BUT ANYWAYS. Time for the important stuff.

• I'd like to request that you can be patient with me. With school and other hobbies I find myself roleplaying less than the average rabid one. I won't say how often I tend to reply, since it really depends on a lot of things, including the nature of our roleplay
    • As far as long-term, more invested roleplays, you'll find most of my ideas here focus on general settings. I'd like for us to decide where to take the focus and what kinds of characters to play ourselves~ :3 But be assured my ideas extend far, far beyond what I post here.
    • My length really can vary tremendously, but I'll give you a sample from one of my favourite roleplays to give you an idea about my quality~ Samples!
    • I can and will play any gender or sexuality. :3 ( I have a special place in my heart for female-female relationships, though )
    • I am totally willing to do adult-oriented roleplays. Even if the premise is shaky at best. xD But no, I think bedroom situations make for great characterization in a more invested roleplay. And it's fun. xD
    • I enjoy talking to my partners OOC and in fact find it hard to keep interest in a roleplay if I don't. OOC is a chance for mindless chatter that could lead to excellent ideas for the roleplays~! Some of my best ideas came from this sort of idle chatter. That being said, I also have a hard time even starting a roleplay if there's no prelimnary planning. No plan, no roleplay.
    • I can roleplay here through forums or full-feature roleplays, e-mails, or third-party websites like Gaiaonline.
    • TELL ME what sexualities you're comfortable with//prefer, how invested you'd like the roleplay to be, what ideas you like from my thread, etc. and maybe address some of the issues I bring up in my thread. IF YOU just contact me saying 'yeah I'd like to roleplay with you' I will nyan all the way to the far corner of the galaxy, where you will never see me again. plzkthnx. And I will ignore requests that don't detail enough of this, because I'm tried of saying 'yeah, you missed some stuff thar'. Sorry Dx

A Longterm Investment...

Now, you might've wondered what I meant when I kept saying an 'invested' roleplay. There are certain characteristics to such a roleplay, which include the following:

• They can last forever without an end; a "longterm" roleplay
    • They almost always contain multiple characters; usually three or more characters each
    • They contain plots that can range between elaborate and insanely intricate; there are certain goals in the plot that are worked towards. Almost never do the original plots revolve around a budding romance, though romance can certainly be an important factor if it comes to it.

I find it impossible to run a 'longterm' roleplay based entirely on romance and with only two characters. A longterm roleplay is more like a good novel, with many shades and angles and twists to it. :3

... Or a Temporary Deposit?

Here's the flip side of the coin!

• These too can last forever, but they can also have a preplanned ending; a "short-term" roleplay
    • They can have multiple characters, though this usually is limited to three or less each.
    • The plots tend to be simpler and much more character-centric, and can centre around a romance most certainly. Plot goals may be non-existent, with the roleplay being generally on the fly.

Now, these are just general guidelines. A lot of things will probably end up in the middle, but it's just mostly so you know what I'm talking about later. Also, not that if something appears on my DO-NOT-WANT for one section and not the other, it means I'm more open to it in the section that makes no mention of it. Also, feel free to take ideas from one WANT section and mix them with another WANT section. You never know what you might get!
    Last edited by Nyan Cat; 08-14-2011 at 11:56 PM.