Login to your account

Thread: One-on-One---{ for Epic Nyans (All Nyan-d out for the moment, sorry~)

Humble Farmer With a Sword Nyan Cat's Avatar

One-on-One---{ for Epic Nyans (All Nyan-d out for the moment, sorry~)

The Cat Behind the Nyan

Allo~ I am Nyan Cat, as you may have noticed. I migrated here from Gaia, though I still do most of my roleplaying there. I'd like hat to change a bit, though~ My layout will be relatively simple, since I find myself lacking comfort with the reply section of WTFRPG, but I have that probably with practically everything that isn't Gaia. I just haven't formatted on anything else.

BUT ANYWAYS. Time for the important stuff.

• I'd like to request that you can be patient with me. With school and other hobbies I find myself roleplaying less than the average rabid one. I won't say how often I tend to reply, since it really depends on a lot of things, including the nature of our roleplay
    • As far as long-term, more invested roleplays, you'll find most of my ideas here focus on general settings. I'd like for us to decide where to take the focus and what kinds of characters to play ourselves~ :3 But be assured my ideas extend far, far beyond what I post here.
    • My length really can vary tremendously, but I'll give you a sample from one of my favourite roleplays to give you an idea about my quality~ Samples!
    • I can and will play any gender or sexuality. :3 ( I have a special place in my heart for female-female relationships, though )
    • I am totally willing to do adult-oriented roleplays. Even if the premise is shaky at best. xD But no, I think bedroom situations make for great characterization in a more invested roleplay. And it's fun. xD
    • I enjoy talking to my partners OOC and in fact find it hard to keep interest in a roleplay if I don't. OOC is a chance for mindless chatter that could lead to excellent ideas for the roleplays~! Some of my best ideas came from this sort of idle chatter. That being said, I also have a hard time even starting a roleplay if there's no prelimnary planning. No plan, no roleplay.
    • I can roleplay here through forums or full-feature roleplays, e-mails, or third-party websites like Gaiaonline.
    • TELL ME what sexualities you're comfortable with//prefer, how invested you'd like the roleplay to be, what ideas you like from my thread, etc. and maybe address some of the issues I bring up in my thread. IF YOU just contact me saying 'yeah I'd like to roleplay with you' I will nyan all the way to the far corner of the galaxy, where you will never see me again. plzkthnx. And I will ignore requests that don't detail enough of this, because I'm tried of saying 'yeah, you missed some stuff thar'. Sorry Dx

A Longterm Investment...

Now, you might've wondered what I meant when I kept saying an 'invested' roleplay. There are certain characteristics to such a roleplay, which include the following:

• They can last forever without an end; a "longterm" roleplay
    • They almost always contain multiple characters; usually three or more characters each
    • They contain plots that can range between elaborate and insanely intricate; there are certain goals in the plot that are worked towards. Almost never do the original plots revolve around a budding romance, though romance can certainly be an important factor if it comes to it.

I find it impossible to run a 'longterm' roleplay based entirely on romance and with only two characters. A longterm roleplay is more like a good novel, with many shades and angles and twists to it. :3

... Or a Temporary Deposit?

Here's the flip side of the coin!

• These too can last forever, but they can also have a preplanned ending; a "short-term" roleplay
    • They can have multiple characters, though this usually is limited to three or less each.
    • The plots tend to be simpler and much more character-centric, and can centre around a romance most certainly. Plot goals may be non-existent, with the roleplay being generally on the fly.

Now, these are just general guidelines. A lot of things will probably end up in the middle, but it's just mostly so you know what I'm talking about later. Also, not that if something appears on my DO-NOT-WANT for one section and not the other, it means I'm more open to it in the section that makes no mention of it. Also, feel free to take ideas from one WANT section and mix them with another WANT section. You never know what you might get!
    Last edited by Nyan Cat; 08-14-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Longterm Wants and Do-Not-Wants

WANT
    • Original characters only, pretty much. Sorry, I just don't like to use canons, unless they're just a blank slate (i.e., Vocaloid, Yume Nikki) My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is excluded from this <3
    • Personifications. A personification is a human form of a object or concept. I personally like to personify things into animals sometimes, though~ Like with wolf packs or something. But the personifications don't have to be single characters; entire kingdoms and races could be based on a single idea personified. Personifications can be played in any setting you can think of. Personifications may or may not have magical powers. Some things I'd loooovee to personify:
      1. natural disasters ( tornadoes, earthquakes, thunder storms, etc. )
      2. biomes ( tundra, desert, marsh, boreal forest, etc. )
      3. celestial bodies ( black holes, stars, nebulae, etc. )
      4. flowers and//or plants ( orchids, venus flytraps, pine trees, etc. )
      5. kaiju 'giant monsters' from the Godzilla films
      6. the characters of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

• My Little Pony. Love 'em~ f you aren't so good at designs for ponies or are afraid your designs will feel out of place, I can provide you with an appropriate ponymaker or to a wealth of images of ponies that only appear in the background. Alright, so there's lots of things I'd be willing to do with this, some of which include but are not limited to:
      1. playing out existing ponies as humans, either in the universe of Equestria or something different ( random example: playing the human ponies in Bioshock's Rapture )
      2. having pony versions of characters existing in other shows or movies or other entertainment media, whether they are versions in their own right or are actually the characters themselves turned into ponies and placed in Ponyville and find themselves very, very confused
      3. having pony characters, canon and//or made-up, in a post-apocalyptic Equestria, caused by the Four Horses of the Apocalypse; Plague, War, Famine, and Death, with either having the roleplay as a day-in-the-life or an epic adventure to destroy the Four Horses and bring peace to Equestria
      4. having ponies and a plot based on Christian mythology

• A roleplay that centres around a fantastical menagerie of human-animal hybrids, who would share some of the characteristics of their animals (i.e., a character based on a red fox might have black-coloured hands, ears, a stripe of fur going down their back into a tail, etc.) who are either willing participants for money or have been blackmailed into in by the ringleader. They travel around the world (one either like our own or made-up) and perform (or fight each other, or something else) for the entertainment of the locals. There are various way we could approach the animal characteristic, not just what I kind of detailed. :3
    • Science fiction. Just throw it at me. xD My favourite general topics under this general flag are:
      1. aliens
      2. cyberpunk ( i.e. Tron )
      3. biopunk ( i.e. Bioshock )
      4. pseudo-science ( science mixed with magic, i.e. Thor )
      5. androids

• Transformers are damn cool. I actually love Michael Bay's envision of them, with the first and third of the films being my favourite. The only thing I disagree with is the design of the comic-relief robots ( Skids and Mudflap, Wheelie and Brain, the Wreckers ). I also like the look of the transformers in Transformers: Prime, but I do much more appreciate the realism of the live-action films' bots.
    • Tribal settings. This can include wolf-packs, actual tribes, alien tribes, human-anima-hybrid tribes, werewolf tribes, and more! 8D
    • A roleplay where the main characters are cosmetically bird-human hybrids, with a specific bird species able to be identified in their bird features, or cosmetically human-ungulate hybrids ( ungulates = hoofed mammals ), specifically ones with defining horns or antlers. I see some sort of (dark) fantasy setting in which these characters possess certain powers and are an out-casted race. I have many more ideas, but I like things to be left open for us to do what we will~
    • Master - slave relations. Mind you this requires either a fantasy, supernatural, or science-fiction twist. Think harems or slave-owning clubs. :3 Also, homosexual relations are much prefered here, though the more characters the more variety, which can include sexualities of course~

DO-NOT-WANT

• Harry Potter. I'm very, very tired of Harry Potter. I'm extremely relieved that there will be no more books or films. And if you catch news that there will be, please, let me preserve my blissful ignorance.
    • Twilight. Don't absolutely hate it, but don't want to touch it either.
    • Greek mythology is not very fun to plot around in my opinion. Well, most of it anyways. The stuff about the underworld and all the beasts and the titans and whatnot is pretty cool. But Egyptian and Christian mythology are my favourites.
    • Realistic settings aren't very fun for me either, since there's less room for liberties when you're following the laws of history or today. Unless they have an interesting focus or twist that is either full of action or is supernatural or has aliens, then I'm really not that interested.
    • Star Trek is an awesome show, but very bland for roleplaying for me.
    • The focus being on teenaged characters. I really prefer my main or the majority of my characters to be young adult or older, with some other ages sprinkled about to add some variety.

Shortterm/Casual Wants and Do-Not-Wants

WANT
    • Alien are a huge love with me. I don't like aliens that look exactly like humans, though. I like them to have at least some cosmetic differences, along with some internal differences ( night vision, poor hearing, able to taste UV light, etc. ). Some basic ideas I'd like to do:
      1. alien abduction
      2. synthetic aliens ( meaning created by another race and are technically more mechanical than organic )
      3. an arranged marriage between one species' royalty and another species' royalty
      4. some-alien-is-killing-everyone-and-we-need-to-kill-it

• Cross-species romance and I am not talking about bestiality. I'm talking about mermaids and all those other fantastical human-like mythical species and whatnot. I'd love to try them in a setting unusual to such creatures ( like mixing them with science fiction elements ), but I'm fine with the typical. Also, note that we can make up our own fantastical races. :3 AND another note, if you find a fantastical race that is bestial and would like to do it in a more human-like form, I'm all for it! Some pairing ideas I really like:
      1. Centauroid // Gargoyle
      2. Drider-like-thing // Garuda/Harpy/Something-that-flies
      3. Mermaid // Sea Naga
      4. Nekomata // Kitsune
      5. Vampire-like creature // Fairy-like creature
      6. Kuchisake-Onna // Yuki-Onna
      7. Werewolf // Vampire

• Dialogue-based roleplaying. What I mean by this is that we would only roleplay the dialogue, under the assumption that the characters aren't going anywhere. Maybe they're on a really long Greyhound busride. Maybe they're on a plane. Maybe they're stuck in an elevator with zombies trying to claw their way in. Whatever reason we decide, the roleplay is focused entirely on the vocal interaction, in what the characters are saying~
    • Master - slave relations. Mind you this requires either a fantasy, supernatural, or science-fiction twist. Also, homosexual relations are much prefered here. Much.

DO-NOT-WANT

• Love at first sight. I'm find with starting at where our characters first meet, and then skip to a later time in which they've known each other longer, but I don't want a character to glance at another one and go "I love you!". At the most, I'd probably want "They seem interesting and attractive.". Mmkay?
    Last edited by Nyan Cat; 08-15-2011 at 12:15 AM.

OTHER WANTS

This is just the other stuff that wouldn't be enough for any sort of plot, and are just little things I enjoy having in my roleplays. :3 They can be quite random. So be warned. xD
    • horned humanoids
    • the depths of the ocean or deep space
    • creatures from the deep ocean
    • designs inspired by various nudibranches ( sea slugs )
    • luminosity ( a.k.a glow)
    • anthros // human-animal hybrids
    • characters possessing physical disabilities or chronic ailments
    • arachnids ( spiders, scorpions )
    • artificial intelligences, or AI
    • demons ( disturbing ones possibly resembling the creatures of Silent Hill or something else, as opposed to Inuyasha's dog demons or whatever else kind of human-but-with-ears demon )
    • situations where a normally independent character is made helpless ( kidnapped, prisoner, interrogation, hostage, etc. )
    • Vocaloid

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

KAY that's all the posts I need. Three~
    Last edited by Nyan Cat; 08-09-2011 at 05:08 AM.

Man you write a lot xD And dude now I have to get those other posts deleted tooo. YOU'RE INSANE.... WHY DO I LOVE YOU!?? xDD Oh wait... that's why I love you. Good luck on yer hunt <3

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO WRITE LITTLE WHEN IT COMES TO THREADS. I MUST ALWAYS ELABORATE.
    Idk maybe it'd be easier not to bother maneki or somebody else too much. I could just make another thread and they could just delete this one. Seems simpler.

Mehh well I sent her a message already, if she finds that easier than whatever works I suppose. xD Anyway, I'm just messing with you, I love yer thread layout <3 It's purtyyyy and very moocoww.

Bah, I think not pretty. I love my thread on Gaia though. <3 THis one's at least organized~

Ahhh so picky. xD

Praise maneki for she hath delivered.

REMINDER TO SELF. Add OT3s to list

hmmm... I want to rp with ya but... I'm not sure about what to rp with ya. I know when that happens with me it normally ends up a master and slave rp with no real plot.

But since it seems like your an awesome role player, I'd rather have something more thought out and such. So OOC chatter is needed for a good plot before an rp, as ya said... best rp plots and such come from random chatter. I mean, heck, I had an rp plot come from the simple words 'Cherry Pie' which was fun to play out.

I'll probably edit this with an idea later when I'm not so tired if ya want an rp with me. Give me a shout if ya have an idea or just want to talk to me.
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

You interest me, fellow kitty, and I have PM'd you~