Login to your account

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: After The Magic Has Faded

Joey slept most of the day, cuddled with a few people. Everyone always huddled together for warmth, and cuddled for security. The snow couldn't get into the basement but it was still very cold. Halfway through the day a rumbly sound echoed above him and the roof came caving in. A scream came through the wind,"Muggles!!!" Joey was able to pull himself out, but no one else could make it. He had to end their misery. He painted a tree on the rubble for new comers and made his way to the forest after nightfall, collapsing into the tree line. His anybody was broken and his adrenaline was done pumping.

Neither Sinner nor Saint SedatedDemon's Avatar
    Astoria finally left the comfort of the tent and started the fire, sitting down. She was mentally tired. Life will never be better until this stupid war is over.

Joey grabbed a matchstick and began to slam it into a tree. He didn't care who found him, a muggle could help him or a wizard could kill him quickly. He was exhausted, malnourished, and terribly injured. And, for some reason, all he wanted was Astoria.

Astoria was in the process of eating when she heard a strange slamming sound. She cautiously stood up, curiosity getting the best of her. She took down the enchantment and followed the noise, her wand held aloft. When she reached the edge of the trees, she saw a familiar figure. "Joey?"

When Joey saw a bright light and Astoria's face he knew he must have died and gone to heaven... He closed his eyes and let the unconsciousness overtake misbehavior body, a small smile on his lips.

Astoria stood up and used a levitating charm on him, taking him back to the tent. She put him on the cot and then put the protective enchantments back up. She rushed back into the tent and used potions to tend to his wounds. She then sat and waited for him to come around, pressing a cool cloth to his forehead.

Joey wasn't raised in much of a religious home so he didn't quite understand what waking up in heaven was like, or if you woke up at all. You weren't suppose to hurt, though, right? He ached and could feel all of his troubles. He began to groan quiettly, shaking his head. He didn't want to hurt.

Astoria heard him and rushed to his side, dipping the towel in a bucket of warm water, pressing it to his forehead. "Joey.. It's okay. You're okay." She said soothingly.

"Why?"Joey whined, sighing and shaking his head. He didn't want to be okay. It would be so much easier to die at this point... As his eyes opened, small tears grazed down the side of his face and into his hair, disappearing.

Astoria looked down into his pained eyes and sighed, giving him a gentle look. "Because I saved you. You're going to be alright. I put dittany on your wounds. You'll have to take it easy for a few days. You're going to be alright."

Joey squeezed his eyes shut, choking on the air in his lungs as he tried to fight the emotions he felt. Through this entire war he never cried once. But now... He couldn't stop. He was sad, and angry, and hurt, and alone. All of his people were gone, the kids he was suppose to look after. He hurt and he was hungry.

Astoria didn't know what to do. She slowly took his hand in hers, squeezing softly. What happened to him? She used her other hand to wipe tears away and dab his forehead with the warm towel.

The warmth of the towel shocked him. He hadn't been this warm in a long time, blankets, a cot, a tender hand of care. His body was overwhelmed. He was so adapted to being numb. He squeezed her hand gently, lifting it to his chapped lips and kissing g it gently.

Astoria was so shocked that she actually jumped. What is he doing? After a few moments, she slowly pulled her hand away and went outside. She grabbed her bag and got out a can of soup. She opened it and made it, before going back in and sitting next to him. "I have soup and bread for you.."

"I'm not hungry,"Joey said quietly. His tears had subsided and he was calm, still in pain and still emotion, but he could put a mask back on. He glanced at his body, astonished. How could this be real? He was crushed.

Astoria grabbed his chin and forced him to look into her eyes, her icy blue eyes fierce. "You are going to eat. Even if I have to force it down your throat." She said, her voice low, her face completely serious.

Joey couldn't help but smile before forcing himself to sit up,"Okay... Okay." She really was quite intimidating, but in the most adorable way. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked up at her,"This isn't poisoned, right?"

Astoria frowned and handed him the soup and bread before sitting back in her seat, crossing her arms over her chest. "Of course not. If I wanted you dead, I would have killed you by now." She said, standing up and going outside.

Joey watched her go, she needed to find a sense of humor. He slowly ate, surprised at how odd it felt to eat warm, fresh food. He finished it quickly, though, and rubbed his eyes. He was disgustingly dirty and felt bad. He looked around, jumping slightly and the complex size of his surroundings.

Astoria sat by the fire for a little while, just thinking. She gave him time to eat and take things in. Eventually, she stepped back inside of the tent and sat on a chair. "So.." She said, her voice gentle, but uncertain. "What happened to you?"

"Well... I'm not sure. We were all sleeping, like we do during the day, and then all of a sudden the rubble was falling down on us,"Joey paused, taking a deep breath,"There were a lot of noises, but I was the only one that could get away... The other kids are gone. "

Astoria watched him, feeling sorry for him. And before she could stop herself, she leaned over and took his hand in hers once more, squeezing softly. "I'm so sorry.."

"It happens,"he said quietly, watching their hands,"Everyone dies..." Joey knew and understood that. He could deal with that. However, he let his people down,"It's a part of living."

Astoria looked down at their hands and subconsciously gave his other squeeze. "You're right." She whispered, looking at his face. "But it's okay to be sad about your losses."

Joey nodded quietly, looking up at her,"It is..." He gave her hand a squeeze in return. She must have losses,too. He looked around and sighed,"This is all magic, huh?"

Astoria nodded. "Yes. This tent is enchanted to look small on the outside but huge in the inside. The same with my bag. I could fit the whole tent inside of it."

Joey shook his head in disbelief. It was no wonder they were winning the war. They were virtually indestructible. He pushed himself to his feet with a shudder,"This is crazy..."

It must be strange, seeing all of this. Astoria wondered what it was like to see this through a Muggle's eyes. She stood up as well and touched his shoulders. "You shouldn't stand. You need rest."

"I've rested plenty,"Joey argued as he sat back down. He sighed softly and looked up at her,"Thank you for saving my life."

Astoria looked down at him. "You're welcome." She answered. "Rest." She demanded, her voice sort of harsh. She took a deep breath and relaxed her face. "Please." She added, her voice a lot more gentler. She wasn't used to being very nice