Login to your account

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: After The Magic Has Faded

He gladly took it and down they went, spending the day in peace and quiet with the family. It was good to be home.

Neither Sinner nor Saint SedatedDemon's Avatar
    Astoria was healing quickly, taking doses of potion to help. By the end of the day the pain was almost gone and she could move around freely.

Joey caught himself watching her more now, imagining her with a big belly... A baby. He closed his eyes and rested back on the couch.

As Astoria played with Jorri, she wondered what it would be like to have a daughter. She glanced up at Joey and sighed softly. "I drew you a picture!" Jorri said cutely, handing her a piece of paper. She looked down at it and it was a stick figure picture of her and Joey holding hands. "It is absolutely beautiful Jorri! You're so talented." She said to the little girl who beamed in delight.

Jorri giggled,"I like having a big sister! Can we keep you? Will you stay?"

Astoria smiled and stroked her hair. "Of course sweetie." She answered quietly. She felt her heart clench painfully. She reminds her so much of her little sister. She then decided that she would protect this family, and not let anyone hurt them.

Michael and Laurey came home from town with new clothes and things for Joey and Astoria. They also were able to find a forged birth certificate for Joey saying he was a.squib.

Astoria thanked his parents over and over until they made her stop. They're such wonderful people. So she did everything she could do to help out around the house. She cleaned, she helped cook, she kept Jorri happy..

The days were quiet, and though they weren't allowed to share a room, Joey felt closer to Astoria than ever before. Everything seemed okay, finally.

Astoria was healed and feeling good. She got really close to Jorri and her mother as the days rolled by. Another day passed by and she got her shower and sat in bed, brushing out her long hair. She looked out the window. The moon and stars were very bright tonight.

Joey was walking to his,room when he passed Astoria's, stopping to watch her. She was so beautiful, and so strong. More than he could ever have imagined. She made his heart flutter.

Astoria felt someone's eyes on her, so she turned her head and her eyes met Joey's. She gave him a soft smile and put her brush down on the bedside table.

He entered, just slightly, standing and leading in the doorway,"You are absolutely beautiful."

Astoria blushed and felt her heart skip beat. "Thank you, handsome." She answered, leaning back on her elbows.

"I swear, I am the luckiest boy alive,"he said with a grin, sitting on the edge of her bed.

Astoria smiled and sat up once more. "You're being awfully sweet." She said softly, watching him.

"You deserve to be appreciated,"he said as he patted her hand, lifting it to his lips and kissing it.

Astoria smiled and felt her skin tingle where he kissed it. "You're perfect." She whispered, looking into his eyes.

Joey smiled and took her chin in between his fingers, pulling her in to a sweet kiss.

Astoria closed her eyes and kissed him back lovingly, her hand resting on the side of his neck. It's been a few days since they've been alone, so this was nice.

He smiled, holding the kiss and her close. It was like the first time, it was always like the first time.

Astoria slowly pulled away and looked into his eyes. "What do you want more than anything in the world right now?" She asked, the question coming to her out of nowhere.

"I don't know,"Joey whispered softly, shaking his head,"I'm pretty happy right now.."

Astoria smiled and kissed his cheek. "I'm glad." She whispered, gently squeezing his knee.

He pulled her close,"Actually... There is something I want.. You stay in here, okay?" He quickly got up and grinned, watching her before runnign downstairs.

Astoria chuckled and watched him leave the room and thunder down the stairs. She waited patiently, running her fingers through her slightly damp hair and glancing out the window.

Jorri and Laurey gently knocked on the door and came in, Laurey had a few dresses,"Hello dear." Jorri giggled and jumped onto her bed,"We're going to help you get ready!!"

Astoria rose her eyebrows in surprise. "What?" She eyed the dresses, than the two girls. "Get ready for what?" She asked.

Jorri giggled,"We can't tell you! Silly, it's a surpriiiiseeeee, duhhh."
    Laurey smiled and laid out the dresses,"I'm not sure what will fit you, they're my old dresses..."

Astoria smiled. "That's really nice of you.." She said softly. Her mother had never been like this. "Well try them on!" Jorri said happily. Astoria chuckled and tried on the dresses until she found one that fit her well, a pretty blue one.