Login to your account

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: After The Magic Has Faded

Joey was silent for a moment before giving her a slow nod,"Okay,"he looked up into her eyes and cupped her cheek,"We need to tell my parents.."

Neither Sinner nor Saint SedatedDemon's Avatar
    Astoria shook her head and pulled away from him. "No. That's not the rest of the story." She bit her lip. "My father came in after that and tortured me for a long time. My mother finally stopped him and that's when I came back." She sighed and rested her hand on her forehead. "I lost the baby."

Joey felt like he had been punched in the stomach, and he felt sick. Sure, he didn't intend to have a baby, but he grew fond of the idea of having a family, especially with Astoria. He stared at the wall, his body writhing in hatred for her family. He nodded, unable to find any words.

Astoria looked up at him, feeling her heart sink. She reached out and gently placed her hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

"No.. Don't be... Can't lose something we didn't have, right?"Joey's voice was quiet, his eyes moist as he stared at the ground. He placed his hand over hers and rubbed it with his thumb.

Astoria gently touched his cheek and turned his face to her so she could look into his eyes. "Hey.. It'll be alright. Bringing a child into this kind of world right now would not be a good thing." She said quietly.

Joey nodded,"I know.. It would have been hard for everyone... I'm fine. Are you okay?"

Astoria nodded. "Yeah.." She looked down. "I will be." She knew it was pointless to be sad over something that they couldn't help, but for just a moment when her mother told her, she felt a fleeting happiness.

Joey wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead, hugging her,"We'll just have to be more careful from here on out.."

Astoria nodded and hugged him back. "Yeah.." She signed and closed her eyes, listening to his heartbeat. It calmed her down a bit.

Joey simply sat there and held her, stroking her head and closing his eyes. He couldn't understand the evil in this world.. He didn't want to understand it.

Astoria finally pulled away and wiped her wet eyes. "Maybe.. Maybe it's not a good idea if I stay here anymore." She said softly. "I don't want to trouble you and your family and possibly put you in danger."

"No, you're staying here,"Joey said as he shook his head,"I can't stand the idea of you being in danger, or being apart from you."

Astoria sighed and rested her forehead on his shoulder. She closed her eyes and remained silent. Why is he so stubborn?

"Just stay with me and be happy... Is that so hard?"Joey whispered into her ear, giving her a squeeze.

Astoria felt her eyes sting with hot tears and she blinked them away. "Happiness always comes with a price." She whispered back.

"Well I'm not asking for anything,"Joey said as he shook his head.

Astoria pulled back and looked at his face. "I'm scared for you and your family." She said softly.

"We can hold our own, and we will protect you,"Joey said as he shook his head,"And as long as he don't draw any attention to ourselves we will be fine

Astoria took his hand and squeezed softly. "I love you, Joey." She whispered, watching him earnestly.

"And I love you,"Joey said back,squeeezing her hand in return and kissing her forehead,"So much.."

Astoria finally cracked a smile and kissed his lips softly. "I really do want to have a family with you someday." She whispered.

"Someday,"Joey said with a smile, nodding,"And a house and a dog and.. Whatever your heart could desire."

(Gotta go put laundry away and take a shower!! I'll be back!)

(Okay!)

Astoria smiled and slowly slid into his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck. "You're my home." She whispered, looking into his eyes.

"Good, and I will always,be your home," Joey whispered softly, kissing her lips lovingly.

Astoria closed her eyes and kissed him back passionately, pleasant tingles running all over her body. He made her feel wanted and loved, a feeling she had never known after her sister died.

Joey held the small of her back and squeezed her against him, kissing with a need and compassion he wanted her to fell everyday.

Astoria hummed softly against his lips and pulled back to look into his eyes. "Don't squeeze too hard. I'm still sore." She said with a soft smile, brushing his hair from his eyes.

Joey chuckled and nodded,"Okay, pellets go back down, then. We are suppose to be watching Jorri."

Astoria chuckled. "Alright." She slipped off of his lap and stood up, holding her hand out to him.