Login to your account

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: After The Magic Has Faded

Joey stayed like that, stroking her hair and scalp, rubbing her temples and occasionaly her stomach, smiling down at her when her eyes happened to be open.

Neither Sinner nor Saint SedatedDemon's Avatar
    Astoria smiled back, her heart thudding in her chest. She realized at that moment that she truly loves Joey. She reached up and pulled him down for a gentle kiss.

Joey smiled and returned the soft kiss, giving her side a gentle squeeze before pulling away. If they could be like this forever he would. He loved her and he loved the serenity they had together.

Astoria smiled and closed her eyes once more. "You're amazing. You know that?" She whispered.

Joey shook his head and smiled,"No, I just take care of the people I love."

Astoria opened her eyes and grinned. She slowly sat up, ignoring the shooting pain. She turned and rested her hand on his cheek, her forehead resting against his. "I love you too."

There it was. They officially said it and it made his feel all warm and fuzzy inside. He felt complete beyond anything else and he wrapped his arms around her,"I love you.."

Astoria grinned and leaned in to him. "Your my first love." She whispered, kissing his jaw.

"And you're mine,"he whispered back, pulling her closer, more comfortably before laying back.

Astoria snuggled into his arms and closed her eyes. She couldn't stop smiling. She even almost forgot about the pain.

Next thing he knew, Joey was waking up to the blistering light of the rising sun coming through the doorway. He blew her hair from his face and smiled, rubbing her back as he adjusted himself. These cots really weren't meant for two.

Astoria opened her eyes and squinted her eyes to the light. She looked up at Joey and smiled. "Morning." She mumbled, kissing his chin before sitting up.

"Good morning,"Joey said with a smile, watching her as she moved. She looked like she wasn't in so much pain anymore.

Astoria got up and went to get some water. She felt a little better today. "So.. Shall we eat then go?" She asked.

Joey nodded,"Yeah, let's do that.. Give everyone in the city time to calm down."

Astoria nodded and she fixed some food for them. Once that was all settled, they got ready and then packed up the tent. Hesitantly, Astoria took down the protection enchantments so that they could leave. "So, where are we going?"

"Back to your place, I think... Let your family know you're okay. Maybe they can help us find mine,"Joey said, looking around.

Astoria shifted nervously and looked up at him. "I.." She sighed. "I don't know if that's a good idea.."

Joey nodded and sighed,"Then I guess we go into town.. They lived in the suburbs on the other side,"he squeezed her hand and nodded,"It's a long walk."

Astoria nodded. "Alright." She answered. She gave his hand a gentle squeeze and they set off towards the town.

When the reached the forest line Joey felt sick. He was putting himself out in the open to whatever was out there. The towen was still in ruins, but there was no fighting. People... or rather, witches and wizards looked happy.

Astoria kissed hand. "Your safe with me. Everyone knows my family. They will assume your another wizard from a prominent pure blood family. Also, no one can tell you're a Muggle just by looking at you. And if someone talks to you, just talk about how much you hate Muggles."

Joey nodded, sighing,"It's not going to be easy... What if someone recognizes me?"

Astoria smiled. "I'm a witch remember. Just be still." She grabbed her wand and cast some enchantments on him to make him totally unrecognizable.

Joey didn't need to ask, he simply continued to walk with her,"Should I make up a new name?"

"Yes, but make it convincing. And use the last name of the family you lived with. But hopefully no one will talk to us. Just smile and act really happy." She squeezed his hand and they set out into town.

Joey did his best, smiling and nodding at people, giving her hand a squeeze every now and again. He stopped in his tracks, staring at a crumbed building in the middle of the block. His old refugee..

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

(I've got to run to the store quick to buy some Prom stuff, be right back!)

Astoria watched his face and then glanced around. A pair of wizards were looking at them suspiciously nearby. Time to put on acting skills. "I heard that was an old Muggle refugee building. Quite pathetic really. I applaud whoever wrecked it." She laughed obnoxiously and flashed a smile at the wizards who relaxed and smiled back. It was a good thing she had good looks. She squeezed his hand hard, pulling him along.

Joey's jaw clenched behind his painful smile as they continued walking, and he kept his eyes either focused on the ground or on the sky. He couldn't take seeing his world shattered and people smiling about it. His friends, the kids he took care of died in that building, on these streets. His kind died here... And these people thought it was good.

Astoria walked tall and proud like a pure blood should and they managed to fool everyone. "Lead the way." She whispered to Joey.