Login to your account

Thread: hello! i wish i were younger, but not as foolish

hello! i wish i were younger, but not as foolish

Hello world

I am getting back into role play, picked up Torchbearer, Monsterhearts, and Apocalypse World, and I'm fascinated at the new ways in which it has gone since ye olde AD&D.

I'm actually running a SFW game of Monsterhearts elsewhere, and that is scary enough as it is. An "adult" version would require a heck of a lot more trust than I'm able to muster right now, and yet I want the option down the road.

Maybe Santa will get me Dungeon World for Xmas. Santa would be me buying myself a gift.

I am married, with 2 kids who have figured out that Santa is me. I wish I were younger, but I don't miss being 21 and hammered all the time.

Welcome to our lovely website! It's kind of cool seeing some older people on here o:
    If I may, what's Monsterhearts exactly? Is it a tabletop game?
    Current Status: Trying to be an adult but still lurking and whatnot.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Battlenet => Smallkine#1325
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    RPNation => Yandere Self Aware
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Hey Rocket, welcome to the board! I'm Jing (or Joon or whatever tickles your fancy, really)! (:

So, I don't really have any experience with D&D, but I've always been very fascinated with it. So, if you do set up a run on this site (adult version or not), I'd hop on that in a heartbeat. Unless, of course, work sits its fat butt on my head, which, you know, happens more often than it doesn't. Oh, why do I have to like money??

Back, in any case, I do know that there are members of the board who do have experience with D&D and enjoy it immensely. So, you'd definitely have an interested audience!

But, yes, hopefully I'll see you around and, if you ever have any questions about the site, please don't hesitate to leave a message in my profile or in my inbox!

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cows Go Moo View Post
    Welcome to our lovely website! It's kind of cool seeing some older people on here o:
    If I may, what's Monsterhearts exactly? Is it a tabletop game?
    Monsterhearts started off as a gag idea... To run the movie Twilight through the Apocalypse World engine. And then they made it a real thing.
    Link: http://buriedwithoutceremony.com/monsterhearts/

Now, AW is an adult game, very LGBTQ friendly, narrative-style game.

Monsterhearts is inspired by things like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Jennifer's Body, Twilight, etc. It's about teenage monster melodrama. Confusion, depression, gender identity, even S-E-X can all be wrapped up in it. You play archetypal "skins" like the Vampire (Edward Cullen-ish), Werewolf, Ghost, Chosen (like Buffy), etc. It's crazy and sexy and harrowing at the same time if you're not just doing, uh, other kinds of fantasy play with it.

Just playing it in a SFW way as game master is frightening! But I love the challenge.

Edit: When I am not on my phone, I'll add some links here.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by joonsexual View Post

Hey Rocket, welcome to the board! I'm Jing (or Joon or whatever tickles your fancy, really)! (:

Thanks for the welcome!

At some point, I would like to run a game here... as long as I haven't overburdened myself with things to manage online.

At this point, I'm just reading and seeing what you all are like first before I get to the scary game mastering!
    Last edited by rocketsurgery; 11-06-2014 at 01:49 AM.