Login to your account

Thread: NOSTALGIA : Favorite Oldies!

NOSTALGIA : Favorite Oldies!

So, there's a lot of threads in this forum about all those new games people play, but what about the games we grew up on? So, I'm a 90's kid, which means, for the most part, I was hooked up to my SNES, N64, PS1, and the DREAMCAST. I never actually owned the GENSIS, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who did and enjoyed it a lot. In any case, just recently, a group of my friends and I decided to dust off our old systems and games and take a trip down memory lane!

We're having a lot of fun just playing through our childhood (and each other's childhood), but I figured people on WTF probably gamed a bit in their youth and I think those good ol' games deserve some love, right?

NOTE: The discussion isn't limited to only games belonging to the consoles I've mentioned above; feel free to go further back or to something as new as the PS2. I'll even take mentions about more obscure titles on the PS3/XBOX360/WII. In any case, whatever you like, have at 'em.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

There was a N64 racing game I loved called "Extreme G2" and I vividly remember the music and the pink racing bike I used. It was the fastest bike in the game and I refused to let anyone else use it. I would play against my brother and ban him from the bike. He remembers it too and it use to make him so mad! >D

What is great is my friend just got a Retron 3 and we're all starting a gaming channel together. So we are able to play all the old NES/SNES/GENESIS games! >D
    Last edited by Strude; 10-24-2014 at 03:26 AM.

I've never played that game and I've also never heard of it, but, as I'm learning these past two weeks, there's a lot of games on the older systems that I just have no awareness about, lol. Dude, I don't even remember the games some times being $70 on the N64. Like, I really, really don't, lol. I thought the cartridges for the N64 was like $30, maxing out at $50.

I did, however, play F Zero X, Wipeout, and Cruising In USA (I don't even know why I had this game, tbh) on the N64.

I remember, as a kid, I had no idea what I was doing in Wipeout, lol. We were playing it again recently and there was so much yelling and screaming about so-and-so cheating because none of us knew how to play except for one, lolol.

We also had Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing. I just want to say, Diddy Kong Racing is hella fun and the controls are so weird, but it's still such a great game, lolol.

TUMBLR.

Crash Bandicoot. Guys, guys, g u y s. How can you forget the OG crashman?
    Current Status: Trying to be an adult but still lurking and whatnot.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Battlenet => Smallkine#1325
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    RPNation => Yandere Self Aware
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Ugh, Naughty Dogs makes some seriously solid games.

I have to say, my favorite Crash was definitely Warped. I never played the racing game, but my friends and I played Crash Bash and... I found out we're all really competitive and really bad, lolol.

Like, we started playing Pokemon Stadium 1 (and 2) and we were like, "Man, this game was hella easy. Set the comp to 'hard.'" We were completely and utterly destroyed. But, even after hella years, the Lickatung sushi game is the best mini game, lolol.

By the way, do you guys remember when Dynasty Warrior was a tactics game??

TUMBLR.

Well if we are talking Naughtydog games the Jak series would be mine. I freaking love that series. I am going to be playing the HD versions on PS3 or my lets play channel.

Oh man, I remember Jak. I didn't play too much of it, I don't know why. I had the games, but... yeah, I don't know why I didn't really play it, lololol.

But, oh man, if you film something, link a video here!! I might link a short video to my friends trying to out-race each other at Diddy Kong racing and, you know, being bad, lololol.

TUMBLR.

We plan to get our stuff started and posted for Jan 1st. So I'll post then. We need to setup recording dates and edit videos over the next two months.

Yeah Jak series was amazing. One of the few series I played every game through and through loving every moment. > w <

You should totally post your videos. > w < I wanna see you play. I've played so few games with you.

I'll definitely have to remember to film us playing... failing, lol.

It's definitely more failing than playing, but whatever. We're having fun... I think.

There's a lot of cursing and anger... I have competitive friends, hahaha.

Right now though, we've gotten back into FIFA15 and just spending money outside... which isn't great, I'm hoping we'll go back to a more low-key hangout routine because... I'm gonna have to go on a budget during the holidays (gift-shopping is insane with me). ):

TUMBLR.