This thread is exactly what you think it is. Share your secondhand embarrassment stories here. I'll start.

Earlier this week (Sept. 11, 2014) I submitted a story about some drama I went through in WoW to a channel called Preach Gaming. Preach runs a livestream and posts some of his videos to youtube as a series called DRAMA FRIDAY, where he takes user submitted stories and reads them with extra commentary.

Now everything is kept completely anonymous. Names are changed, specific details that could help locate you in-game are changed. So the only person who knows it is you is yourself and possibly anyone that happens to watch the channel and recognizes the events in the story.

So the show is just about sharing drama, funny stories, making jokes and having a good laugh.

Here is the thing. I submitted that story assuming I would never get picked. I still sat in to watch the new episode and it starts with a different story. I'm good I'm enjoying it and then he gets to the next story . . .

I am sitting here watching Preach and Ghosty setup the character names (they pick random usernames from the livestream), and to my HORROR I realize the list of name is from my story. I am floored, I am laughing and I am nervous. THIS IS FOREVER ON THE INTERNET. I know it's anonymous, but I feel the embarrassment melting me into my seat.

It gets worse the longer I watch, and I watched the whole thing.

The second hand embarrassment I felt ruined me for two days. I basically couldn't do much of anything but sit there and hang my head in shame. Both because of what I admitted in the story, but also how I wrote it (I really didn't like the ending when I submitted it, but I assume I wasn't going to get picked so I just let is be . . . sort of regret not making it more interesting)

BUT since it is on the internet I'll share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viDR...QyPJtpNg#t=539

On a side note I think I might submit again just because I have more stories. As horrifying and embarrassing as it is, people do get a laugh!