Login to your account

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OOC : REWIND : TAKE 2

@ COWS :

Yeah, I was thinking that, if they leave HK to go elsewhere, the cases will be based on local superstitions/stories. As of right now, though, anything goes, haha.

LOLOLOL.

That's pretty much what DGs will do. If there was an HR department, it'd spend all day filtering through complaints from the DIs.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

If anything the HR would be going behind the DIs backs and reporting to the DGs so they could cover their asses
    Current Status: Trying to be an adult but still lurking and whatnot.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Battlenet => Smallkine#1325
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    RPNation => Yandere Self Aware
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

xD I just noticed that both of the female characters have reddish-brown hair while both male characters have blonde hair

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

@ COWS :

Oh wow, haha, never even noticed, lol.

Well, technically, Amy has black hair, but... there's no way in hell she's not doing regular root-touch-ups, haha.

TUMBLR.

@joon: xD I can imagine her putting on a giant hat to prevent people from seeing her dreaded roots while she's sneaking off to the hair salon.

I'm also thinking of taking up another character, but idk what slot they would take up *sighs*

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Bleh, sorry about that post. I blame it on my lack of noms right now. So hungie D:

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

@ COWS :

Hahaha. She'd definitely do something like that.

And, you should! I think all of the remaining ones are fairly active and interesting. Maybe, I don't know. I hope they're interesting, lol

@ XAV :

What? No worries, it was great, haha. I'll probably get a response in either later tonight or some time tomorrow. ;3

TUMBLR.

That post came out really choppy... haha...

It's weird writing an intro for one character while the other one is, uh, not intro'ing, lol.

Also, I'm gonna apologize for Amy's crappy attitude for pretty much the rest of the role-play. She's just going to be like this for, well, forever, hahaha.

In other news, we should have some talk about character relations! Like, I mean, Amy's hella new to the team, but the others should have worked with each other for a year or two or more... So... plots, ideas, things! Haha.

TUMBLR.

I imagine that Leland is a mixture of crotchety to irritated but polite toward everyone.

He's known Evan the longest so he has a higher tolerance for his antics, despite that he often has to keep the man from running amok. The both of them have seen wars, revolution, and evolution transform Earth's landscape. He makes Leland feel normal.

Amy fits every stereotype of the rich, international student minus the international part. He supposes that it isn't fair since she isn't stupid, but boy is she immature. She makes Leland feel like he has a migraine.

Kora is a child in a DI's body. Though she's void of some of Amy's attitude, she makes up for it in fragility and recklessness. She makes Leland feel like a father.

Actually now that I think about it, he generally feels some protectiveness toward every member since he has years on them in both life experience and investigative experience which is weird when you consider that he, like any other person with eyes, can tell when he's attracted to someone's looks (he likes redheads totally has nothing to do with his mom having really red hair) so it's really awkward meeting younger DIs since it's like "hey you're really cute, but jesus christ you're old enough to be my granddaughter three times over"

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

@ COWS :

gambling away the negative dollars they were paid
    That description made me chuckle, lolol. Because it's true. sob they're basically slave laborers. lolol...

@ XAV :

Let me know if I need to rewrite the part where Evan said Kora left with Amy. When I wrote that, I just assumed she had left, but, rereading your post, I realize that she never actually leaves. She's just heading towards the exit. orz

But, you know, Amy has definitely left. She didn't even stutter, lolol... orz

RELATIONSHIPS:

AMY WU: I like to think that, in her first month with the unit, she didn't come across as abrasive and difficult. She was probably very friendly and nice, but then she decided that this "thing" wasn't working for her. You know, so she just let her true colors fly all day, err'day. The thing that set her off? Who knows what it is; it could literally be anything when it comes to her, lol.

EVAN TURNER: Well, there isn't too much to say about him in the general sense that isn't reflected in his profile, lol. He's supposed to be an easy-going guy with some of the worst habits ever.

And now onto character specifics. Excuse any insanity you read; it's kind of late and I'm more than a little tired. Also, feel free to reject any of the ideas I have, lol. I'm pretty down for most anything.

Leland
    1) Well, I think it's pretty obvious that Amy doesn't take Leland seriously, lol. She doesn't dislike him at the levels she does with Evan and Kora, but it's not like she's fond of the guy either. She tolerates him in the same way she'd tolerate the nagging, elderly neighbor, lol.

2) For Evan, Leland is most likely some sort of anchor. It's not something he'd broadcast to the world. It's not even something he'd tell the other man (because "real" men don't talk about their feelings, lolol orz). Also, for some reason, I just think it'd be really cute in their relationship if, in the beginning, they weren't always on good terms. Like, it was a work-in-progress relationship for, possibly, a decade. Like, I don't know about Leland, but Evan was most likely still battling with his personal demons (and coming to terms with his death) and Leland, in a way, reminded him a lot of the things he was trying to get away from. I'm not sure how to chart their relationship development, but this is just an idea and, if you wanna run with it, we can hash it out then, lol.

Kora:
    1) I don't think a description is necessary for Amy, lol. But it'd be pretty cool if there was some sort of backstory for why Amy and Kora doesn't get along. In my mind, I'm thinking that the root of the problem is something super, super trivial and stupid (because they're still young-at-heart and mostly mind), lol. Almost like, it was a series of small and petty things (it might also be completely and utterly one-sided as in Amy just fumed privately about it and then just blew up and flipped everyone the bird, lolol). But yeah, ideas? I'd love to hear them!

2) I like to think that Kora and Evan gets along well. They both give off that "frivolous" vibe, which, you know, it's a fun feeling. Like, their relationship isn't anything serious (whether you want to make it more than friends is your call, I can roll either way) and it's definitely a surface-level thing anyway. Like, there's no real heart-to-heart. I mean, Evan might share stories about his past, but there's definitely no way of knowing how much is real and how much is fabricated and how much is a bit of both. You know, those relationships that are superficially warming, but completely empty on the inside? Something like that, haha. I mean, it's not that he doesn't like her (he likes her plenty); it's just one of those things?

Last edited by joonsexual; 09-25-2014 at 06:30 AM.

TUMBLR.

Quote Originally Posted by joonsexual View Post
    RELATIONSHIPS:

Leland
    1) Well, I think it's pretty obvious that Amy doesn't take Leland seriously, lol. She doesn't dislike him at the levels she does with Evan and Kora, but it's not like she's fond of the guy either. She tolerates him in the same way she'd tolerate the nagging, elderly neighbor, lol.
    xD It all sounds very mutual then! She probably imagines his eating oatmeal and telling kids to get off his lawn in his free time <___<

Leland: all you kids and your Mazdas and your $500 purses and your walkmans. Read a damn book! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by joonsexual View Post
    2) For Evan, Leland is most likely some sort of anchor. It's not something he'd broadcast to the world. It's not even something he'd tell the other man (because "real" men don't talk about their feelings, lolol orz). Also, for some reason, I just think it'd be really cute in their relationship if, in the beginning, they weren't always on good terms. Like, it was a work-in-progress relationship for, possibly, a decade. Like, I don't know about Leland, but Evan was most likely still battling with his personal demons (and coming to terms with his death) and Leland, in a way, reminded him a lot of the things he was trying to get away from. I'm not sure how to chart their relationship development, but this is just an idea and, if you wanna run with it, we can hash it out then, lol.
    I think that's really sweet :3 Definitely something I'd like to see developed (OOC or IC) since they're very much opposites (organization vs. spontaneity, work vs. play, etc). Leland, at the start, probably thought that Evan was pretty useless/shallow without seeing his deeper qualities until much later (though he's about as likely to admit it as he is about to call Kora "a mature, well-adjusted individual"). Leland doesn't regret his choice to join the military, but when he sees Evan he wonders about how life would have been if he wasn't so burdened with his responsibilities/choices
    Last edited by Cows Go Moo; 09-25-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

I can see Kora looking up to Leland as a fatherly figure. Or maybe an older, much older, protective brother. Someone who, despite being that much older than her, still does what he can to keep her happy. And it certainly helps that she sees him as "the boss," so Kora wouldn't go out of her way to piss the guy off. I'm honestly feeling a friendly, warm, yet professional relationship with Leland.

As far as Amy goes, I can see this is a rivalry. Perhaps it involves a man? Or maybe it's just something so meek that it's pathetic. OMFG, WHAT IF THEY WORE THE SAME OUTFIT ONE DAY?! xD I'm sorry that's the most pathetic thing I can think of. I know I get a bit jealous if I catch someone wearing something that I have. I'm always like -- bitch stole my outfit, I totally look better though! xD They are so alike and yet so different. They likely get on each others nerves and irritate each other to no end. But at the end of the day? Heh, I could see Kora enjoying every second with Amy. Bitter rivals make the fiercest of friends!

I love the idea of the Kora/Evan relationship. It's nothing deep. Heck, it hardly scratches the surface. I wouldn't call it a fake friendship, but that's the vibe I'm getting. They can get along and they do, but when push comes to shove, they wouldn't really hang out with the other one after work. I foresee a lot of unspoken conversations between the two, too. Just one look and they know what the other is thinking. Perhaps they've spent so much time together that they just work, but neither really put in the extra effort to make it worth further than "Hey, I'm here and you're there, let's be Facebook friends, mkay?"

You know, for this one we could always go the romantic route to explain why they're not going for something more in their relationship. Like maybe Kora had a crush but Evan shot her down so now they're just "friends" and Kora doesn't want to dig too deep for she feels she'll fall back in love with the guy? (certainly doesn't help that they're years apart in age)

- hangouts -

You guys are so active in posting. I cry. But these are such happy tears. sob sob.

@ COWS :

I think part of it has to be done in OOC because they have been working together for a while. Did you intend for Leland to have been in HK the entire time he was dead? Because I was thinking that Evan probably signed over to the HK unit in the 90's (before HK was returned to China). Or, it's also possible, that they had worked together previously (for maybe a few years) in a different location before running into each other again in HK? I don't know, but the possibilities are infinite and I'm super excited to work this out and see what it becomes in the IC, haha.

@ XAV :

We definitely have to include the outfit thing. Even if it's not central, it has to be part of the conflict. Amy probably burned the pieces to hell, lolol. I'm definitely leaning towards something petty... Maybe it just started off as little things? A slight here and there? And then, maybe, Kora called Amy out for using knock-offs, which would, undoubtedly, embarrass the crap out of Amy and, you know, begin the spiral downwards, haha. Something like that?

Right now, in my mind, I'm just seeing the most epic scenes of fire burning in the background while these two stare each other down, lolol.

Yeah, a "fake" relationship gives it a different feeling, but I know what you mean, haha. They're probably what most people would consider to be friends, but nothing close. Like, it's all just for play and for show, haha. And, ohh, that's so cute and sad and cute, lolol. I can totally see Evan trying to play off the rejection as "it's unprofessional and we shouldn't make it messy," but, really, he just doesn't want her to learn something about him that he didn't offer her. Ugh, I'm starting to have a bunch of head-canons now and I wanna see all of them happen... /sob

TUMBLR.

PERF! We have to do the knock off clothing. Yup, it's decided. And wearing the same clothes. Ordering the same meal. Sharing the same image within seconds of each other. Starting sentences the same.

They were born to be friends but their childish ways made them enemies!

- hangouts -

Ugh I'm mobile right now because there's an internet outage right now >______< but this isn't the things that suck thread lol

@Xavi: *ruffles Kora's hair* I have this image of Leland having to play Dad/big bro and breaking up any or all fights between those two women to the point where he's forgotten why they dislike each other in the first place "just kiss and make out up already!"

@joon: He relocated to HK after signing his contract, but traveled here and there for different missions and to occasionally visiting stalking his mother as a "friend of her son" before his lack of aging would give him away. They probably ran into each other quite a few times before the DGs were like fuck it and put them together for one of those buddy-cop escapades in some random country. Leland eventually settled down after forty years so his dwellings are a bit more stable.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Bleh, I wanted to try to get a post in today but I'm not sure I will.

- hangouts -

Currently making another character C: (WIP)
    He's a cloning/duplication guy if any of you are curious. I'm not 100% sure on his history right now, but he's going to tend toward the "I'm going to help, but I ain't a part of yo system" type of cop.
    Last edited by Cows Go Moo; 09-28-2014 at 12:27 AM.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Oh man, I will get a post up within the next few days. Sorry for the slack! ):

@ COWS :

Ender looks good so far, haha. I'll strike off the cloning ability, whoo!

TUMBLR.

I should sleep, but I posted instead because yolo

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Hi all ^.^

Interesting premise, totally loved it! The characters are so interesting, I quickly felt connected to them and I even have my favorite! (won't say >.>) And the character interaction is intense, it just feels so natural and intriguing!

Anyway I hope I'm not too late, but from what I read the action just got lit, so I don't have much to catch up to. I'm writing my Character sheet now, and will drop a post as soon as I'm done, expect a post in 1 and something hours ^^

Oh yeah, I'm taking Telekinesis

Edit: Just noticed my character needs to be approved, so yeah as soon as it gets approved, I'm dropping the post
    Last edited by MK Emaster; 10-05-2014 at 06:07 PM.

oooh a new player in the mix~ I'm glad to see that Ender isn't alone anymore with the whole language barrier thing xD

I also totally want to know your character of choice now as we really do have a colorful group LOL
    Last edited by Cows Go Moo; 10-05-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Loved how Ender tried to communicate with the alley thugs, I hope we don't spend the entire week having to use our hands while addressing others XD
    How do you propose we solve this little problem? We should like have godly translation implants or something, that allows the DI's to talk in a language that is understandable to others- Chinese for example, and the ability to hear Chinese and actually understand it. What do you think? >.>

And oh yeah, it got to be Evan! My fav so far! As for Han's own preference, I guess he got his eyes on Amy XD But he loves redheads, so there is Kora, I'm not sure, will just see how things go.

xD I don't think it's an issue. The majority of people are taught in English so they speak it on some level. I just thought it would be funny if he ran into the thugs that happen to be more comfortable with Cantonese than English.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Glad to see someone else has taken interest in the game! I'm not here for long, so I won't have a chance to chat and everything, but I did want to approve your character (Hans looks great btw, very excited to have another DI battling it out with the language barrier, lol).

In any case, I will be online tomorrow and everything! ;3

TUMBLR.

@Cows ops, that actually makes sense, I feel thtupid now xD

@Joonsexual Awwwwesome! Thanks a lot ^^ Really loving everything so far!

I will get to a response... hopefully tonight? I don't know, I'm being sluggish right now. orz

@ MK :

If you're worried about communication between your character and any NPC, don't. ;3

I've specifically chosen Kowloon because it is a tourist hotspot (e.g. menus will likely to be in English, street signs will also be in English, public servants will have conversational-level English, etc.); you'll frequently find vendors shouting out prices in various languages or attempting to persuade people to look are their wares in stock/basic phrases. In general, English fluency will vary. Most people will know basic/broken to conversational English. For reference, people who are comfortable with English in Hong Kong are people from academia (e.g. university students) or are public servants (law enforcement, high-ranking government positions).

But because there are two characters unfamiliar with the language, you know I'm going to stick the team with an assignment somewhere further out, lol.

TUMBLR.

The post isn't happening tonight, haha. I ended up getting Chipotle and watching Netflix and being lazier than ever.

But tomorrow, well, tomorrow is a brand new day full of brand new possibilities... ha ha ha. . ___ . ;

But, no, seriously, tomorrow. Promise. Even if it kills me.

TUMBLR.

All good, I'd be too busy to reply tonight anyway :P

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

@Joonsexual well that certainly makes matters easier, and since pretty much we would be interacting with each other, law enforcement and the paranormal, I will leave the chatter to locals to the rest of the team. Meanwhile Han and Ender can probably bond together or something lol. Maybe read up some 'Cantonese for dummies'.

There's probably a total of 9 guys including the leader.

3 with switchblades (although technically one left since Amy knocked one out and Evan is taking care of another). And 3-4 with lead pipes and 1-2 with some concealed weapon. As for the leader, well, whatever tickles your fancy, lol.

In any case, just have fun with the scene? lolol... I mean, test out those undead powers you guys got. Just... punch a few people with superhuman strength, haha.

TUMBLR.