Login to your account

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Department Romance

Approaching Greatness LostInOliviasWorld's Avatar
    I sat down at the bar also, smiling. "I'll have a Guinness please." I said, my favorite beer. After I got it I smiled over at her. "Guessing you come here often?" I asked
    ♥Volbeat♥

"I practically grew up in here... Not this one specifically, but my Uncle owns it, it's moved around, but this is the closest thing to a childhood home that I've got,"I said as I sipped from my bottle.

I nodded, and I took a swig as well from my mug. That sounded kind of rough. "I see." i said, just looking around the bar, it had a ton of character in it, pictures, decorations, sporty stuff.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"This is always a good place to come, no one will harass you in here, Uncle Ben will always stand up for you as log as you're in the right mind,"I said, pointing to my Uncle across the bar. He had a crazy swirly mustache and always wore stripped shirts, he was old school like that.

"I'll have to remember that. This may be my usual place too, then." I said, smiling over at her uncle. He seemed like a cool guy, pretty old school. "So, how did you get started in law inforcement?" I asked
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Just did... My uncle got a lot of problems with drunks and the cops don't pay much attention to bars. So I wanted to be able to stand up for him. Whenever there is a call out here I take it," I said with a shrug, sitting back in my barstool,"How about you?"

Wow, she really was pretty wasn't she? I thought in the back of my mind when she told me the story. "Wow, yeah, I don't know why they don't pay that much notice to bars, good to have someone like you though." I said. And I sighed when she asked me. "Well. I just really leaned this way when I was growing up. I loved watching the crime shows and the show Cops. My parents hated the idea of me being a cop, they wanted me to go into the military like my brother did. But that didn't happen. Lets just say that's why I have been on my own for a long while." I said. I never liked going into full detail, sensitive subject for me
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Everyone has to have motivation,"I said with a shrug and a smile, relaxing a bit as I sat back and looked over at her. She needed to just relax and stop holding on to the past. She was tense and seemed to hold n to things. I smiled at her,"So where are you from?"

"Well, I'm from a city in Washington. Leavenworth, its called. Its a beautiful town, nice evergreen trees everywhere and just a great atmosphere." I said, taking another drink, smiling over at her. "And I know you grew up around here," I added.
    ♥Volbeat♥

I nodded,"Yep, I never traveled much, just kind of kept to town, which is why I know it all so well. I went tot he highschool, rode my bike around the streets, I know the town just as well as anyone else."

"I see. Its a pretty simple town, I'm starting to get used to these streets, memorizing them anyways." I said, finishing the last of my drink. The bartender came up and took the glass. "Anything else?" He asked. "I'll have a bloody Mary please." I said
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Some chips, too." My Uncle just kind of looked at me and I smiled,"Pleeasseee." He nodded and chuckled. I smiled, looking over her body without knowing it. She was actually really pretty when she wasn't being uptight!

When he came back with chips and a bloody Mary I yanked him and chuckled slightly at the bright look on her face. "You're like a little kid with that." I said, raising an eyebrow and taking a drink, just teasing her a bit.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"With what? My Uncle?"I smirked raising a curious eyebrow.

"And those Chips." I said, chuckling softly then taking a drink of my bloody Mary.
    "Ella!" I hears a drunk voice call. Shit.. It was my ex boyfriend.
    ♥Volbeat♥

I turned and raised an eyebrow at a cocky looking man with a bad shave and he was obviously drunk. I looked over at her,"Your ex?"

I nodded, letting my hair act as a curtain, I let it down before we walked in here. "Just ignore him and he will go away.." I said, taking another drink. I felt him pinch my butt, and I slapped his hand away. "Hey.. I.. Have some stuff at your house still." He mumbled, leaning against the counter behind me. "Get it when you're sober." I said. How embarrassing.. "But bitch I want it now.." He groaned, slamming his hand down. "Ignore.. Ignore.." I whispered to myself
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Hey, back off,"I snapped, standing up and glaring at him,"She said you'll get it when you get it. Did I stutter?"

I didn't look at what he did, I just kind of met my hair hide me from him.. I couldn't even look him in the eyes anymore. I heard him groan and just walk out, the door slamming. "Thank you.." I said, brushing my hair back now. "He's. Awful." I said
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Don't worry about it, if it wasn't me it would have been Ben, he doesn't tolerate that shit,"I said as I sat down and took a chip, popping it into my mouth. My Uncle ran a descent place for descent people.

"Good place." I said, and I looked down at my lap. I couldn't let that bug me today. Whenever its him being like that, k don't know what to do. But when I'm on the job and it's someone else I do." I said, shrugging
    ♥Volbeat♥

I smirked,"Story of life. You have to learn to stick up for yourself, dear. Really, on and off the job."

"Yeah.. I'm trying to teach myself that." I said, looking up at her. "Work in progress. Kind of." I said, shrugging. "Do you want to come over for dinner tomorrow? We can discuss the case and such. Or we can put that aside for a night and just chat." I said
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Sure, I'm willing, I'll always take free food,"I said with a chuckle, setting some money on the bar and smiling at my Uncle,"Want me to drive?"

"Alright, sounds good." I said, and stood, smiling at her. She really was a nice girl, when she wasn't being a hard cop. "You better drive." I said
    ♥Volbeat♥

I chuckled and got into the driver's seat, heading back to the station,"I'm going to go over the case again. Going home?"

"Yeah I'll head home I'll call a cab, shouldn't drive." I said, getting out of the car once there. I'll have to get one to work tomorrow as well, hopefully no one suspected I had been drinking. Not that much, but I was buzzed
    ♥Volbeat♥

I waved to her before heading inside and sitting down. I got results on the license plate and it was a stolen, as I suspected. I made sure for our cops to watch for it though, just in case. There wasn't much more I could do. I was still waiting on the DNA from the cigarette butts, though.

After going home and sleeping the drink off, the next morning I was up and on my way to the job. I paid the taxi and walked inside, smiling at everyone at their cubicles. I went to the changing room and got my uniform on, then headed to my desk, a list of names I requested there. "Thank god." I said, and I called the first person, Mr.White. I asked him to come in for questioning.
    ♥Volbeat♥

I was down in the lab, DNA had come in. Of the six there were two with lipstick and the other our were John's. So, we had two female suspects and I got the addresses, finding Ella outside interrogation,"Hey, what're you doing?"