Login to your account

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Department Romance

Approaching Greatness LostInOliviasWorld's Avatar
    "Will do." I said, smiling. When at the station, she went over the missing girls case. "With the note, was their any fingerprints?" I asked her.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Smudges, but I think those were John's. Otherwise it wasn't anything concrete. I still think t might be a hoax, teens in this town are relentless,"I said as I shook my head and sighed.

"Shit." I said, shaking my head. This was going nowhere.. This case, but we couldn't give up. "Is there anything else we have to look into?" I asked
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Some tire tracks and I'm waiting on DNA from the note. Maybe the idiot sneezed on it or something,"I said with a sigh,"The good thing is none of the girls have been found dead."

"Okay, that's good. And hopefully we will find them soon, the bastard, or bastards have them locked up somewhere." I said.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"They could be women, you know,"I said,"Never underestimate women. We can be nasty creatures,"I said as I turned to look at her. Suddenly y phone rang. It was the lab and they had results. The ink wasn't ink, it was a 50% DNA match to John and it was blood, his daughter's blood.

"True." I said, taking a drink of my coffee, watching her as she answered the phone. When she hung up I furrowed my brows. "So?" I asked, the news looked like it was a lead, I could tell by the look on her face.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"It's the daughter's blood... That's what they used to write the note with,"I said, a sick feeling ripping y insides apart.

"Oh my god.." I said softly. "Sick.." I said, and I only hoped the daughter was still okay.. "Remember the house across the street from him? They have cameras.. Maybe they picked something up?.."
    ♥Volbeat♥

"We can try, want to head over?"I asked as I stood up, pulling on my coat.

"Yeah, let's go." I said, and we headed out to the patrol car, she was driving this time, I didn't know my way around the neighborhood that well. We stepped out and walked up to the house with the cameras, someone opening the door before we had to knock.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Hi, Korry, we met a month or so ago. Would you mind showing us some footage from two days ago?" he nodded, having already had it marked for us. He explained how he had noticed the strange activity and was waiting for us incase it was important.

We thanked him and headed back to the station, and we sat and reviewed the footage. It caught someone on camera!
    ♥Volbeat♥

"It's blurry... No ID, but... Do you see that?"My finger traced the front of the silhouette,"Are those breasts? Are we dealing with a woman?"

"She's smoking." I said, pointing at the screen. And I watched as she dropped the cigarette by the mailbox. Wow, stupid criminal! "We have to see if that is still there " I said
    ♥Volbeat♥

"We will... Is there someone else I the car?"I asked, pouting at the passenger's seat, which was dark, but I swore I could see another woman.

I squinted at the screen. It looked like someone else was in the car. "I think so.." I said. We had some good evidence to find these people. The car, and if we are lucky DNA from the cigarette
    ♥Volbeat♥

"I'm gonna have the lab search the liscence plate. Let's head over and see if we can find the cigarette,"I said as I sent the video to our lab. It was important to find these girls as soon as possible.

When we got there, we found the cigarette. And a couple others near it. We grabbed all just in case, the one that was female and matched the description was the one
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Even if we get DNA matches on all three we can't use it as evidence... It's not substantial..."I groaned and rested my head in my hands,"Hopefully we can get something on the plate number..."

"We will.. Don't worry." I said, it was quite a step from the past few days, this was big, the plate number and the car.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"If the car is stolen we have nothing... We can put a bolo out on the car and have everyone keep an eye out for it,"I said with a nod, sighing. I couldn't reach a dead end again... I couldn't lose these girls.

"Hey.." I said, putting my hand on her arm gently, looking back at her. "We will get these people, okay? And we will find those girls." I said, smiling slightly.
    ♥Volbeat♥

I sighed softly and nodded, sitting back in my chair and placing my hand over hers on my arm. I pulled away and stood up,"I just need some rest."

"Yeah, you need some." I said, smiling. "You've been working your ass off." I said, and stood also, running my hand over my hair that was still In a tight bun.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Want to go get a drink?"I asked, raising an eyebrow as I rubbed my neck. Sometimes the bed thing to do was to step back.

"Sounds amazing.." I said, and I grabbed the keys and we headed out to the patrol car. "Where do you want to go?" I asked, starting the engine
    ♥Volbeat♥

(They take the patrol car to a bar? xD)

I shrugged,"There's a pub over on second street that is pretty low key."

(My bad.. How about they took her own car? Haha. I'll fix that. And did you see the post in our older roleplay? I went back and read through it and posted in it, it looked to be a good one to continue here and there if we wanted to also.)

"Pub it is." I said, I needed some alcohol after everything, the drug dealer case was going a little cold, finding people to bring in was getting challenging. I backed out of the parking lot and I drove us to the bar.
    ♥Volbeat♥

Like I said, it was very low key. Unpopular, mainly well mannered men. My uncle owned the place, it was a safe place for law enforcement. As I walked in all the regulars waved at me and I sat at the bar,"Hey Ben, I'll just have a beer. Get he whatever she wants, she's new."