Login to your account

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: random tangent thread

I'm currently playing DA2. It's fun so far. I just love my two-handed warrior's Whirlwind. It's effective against large groups of enemies. Combining it with Mighty Blow, makes much damage too! And looks pretty.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

lol I prefer playing as a Rogue personally, but I am part way through another playthough with a Mage and another with a Warrior. Trying to romance Fenris as a Mage, thus far though it's just making me piss myself laughing xD.

I prefer to play as a mage actually. But this playthrough was a test one to get a feel for the game. When I've finished Awakening on my Orgins Mage then I'll import and play as a mage in DA2. In the meantime I play my warrior. I'm getting quite fond of him.

Romancing Fenris as a mage? That must be difficult!

I'm still at the 1st year. I got the money to start the expedition. Shall just finish of some side quests first. When we go into the Deep Roads I'll have to tank... not looking forward to it. Don't want to lose my sister to either the Circle or... Death. I hope I can get some kind of Threat ability before that. I play as a Berserk.
    Zone District

I am a tank at heart, in MMORPGs specifically, Rogue's just make life easier in the DA world xD. I've never been good as a long-range player, magic, bows, etc. I don't have the patience to play them and I have a tendency to attack things head on. But yes, romancing Fenris as a Mage. It's possible, but hard lol. My first playthrough I played it blind. I knew very little about it so the outcomes completely shocked me. Amusing nonetheless. And I love the Berseker attacks ;3

In played DA2, it was awesome. played through as a rogue for my main, love that class. I'm not sure i believe the sims any thing could have better rp than DA2, though origins had a better story to me than 2.

I like magic. That's why I like to play as mage. I know it's not very fun if the tank is bad and you get attacked. :/ That's why I've recently thought about ways to combine mage and warrior. As a Shaman in WoW or Arcane Warrior in Orgins. Or maybe even Paladin or Templar...

I haven't got so far in the Berserk tree yet.

@Aerion I'm quite doubtful to that Sims Medieval would be a better RPG than DA2. It's true that Orgins was a better game than DA2 however. It's just that some people got disappointed with DA2. It was in that context I heard Sims Medieval would be a better RPG...
    Zone District

Magic = strategyxpatience neither of which I have for video games on a combat level. But I have played them and they are enjoyable regardless. xD

Granted, I doubt there's many games that can beat DA: Origins and DA2 for me simply because I loved the playthrough. Mind you I find that Origins had a way better storyline as Aerion said. I just preferred the combat system and the playing style in DA2 more. That and it's quest set up reminded me of a mixture between Oblivion and Fable. Though I like the characters more in Origins ;P
    Last edited by Lumine; 07-25-2011 at 01:24 AM.

Sims Medieval is wicked awesome!

Personally I agree the Origins sl was better for DA... It had more of a thought out feeling. Except for the ending. The ending was devastating on how anticlimactic it was for me. DA2 had a great sl too, just not quite as put together I think. Feels very hurried.
    lol I loved the challenge of romancing Fenris as a mage XD I did a lot of saving and reloading though XD
    Last edited by Tigerkytti; 07-25-2011 at 02:51 AM.
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

I will make note to buy it when I have the money then ;D

The ending for origins was horrifying for me... seeing as my friends told me about the choice you had to make in the end and I had romanced Alistair (whom is my favourite of all the characters of the DA world). But... I can see it being anti-climactic. And yeah DA2 is very rushed (though I can't say it bothers me all that much).

lol I find being a troll about everything makes Fenris happy. He's such a douche xD. As for Anders... well he's just an idiot... adorable maybe, but an idiot. I miss Sir-Pounce-A-Lot though T_T ...

I romanced Alistair as well and didn't know about the ending part at all where your character dies if you don't do the ritual... I figured that part out on my own tho cuz the other warden dude that's all like... I'll take the killing blow... I just looked at and said, dude you are going to die before you even get there XD And of course I was right lmao XD So the part that was anticlimactic for me was how it's so all awesome and interactive, then you finish the game and you don't even get a cutscene! Just text... I was like holy cow x.x *died*

lmao XD I tried to find a good balance between pleasing Fenris and my character... NOT easy XD But I couldn't pass on that hottie lmao I have a thing for elves... the moment I saw him enter the game I know I was like, HE better be romanceable or I'm quitting right now XD And yeah, I agree about Anders, total idiot AND I figured out he was lying before he even did the planting the stuff in the chantry... I understand why it's important to the plot and all, but it kinda sucks that you figure out he's going to do something wicked bad and can't even stop him.
    lol I never played the part of Origins with Anders in it.... from everything I read about it, just a waste of money x.x Especially since you don't get Alistair in it, I mean seriously... No Alistair, what was up with that?? Anyways... rant over XD

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Awwww I had a warning prior. D; I made him do the ritual but I was like D8. But I got a decent end, at least, one I was happy with. Next time though I ought to make him King. I wannnaaaa be queennn.... ^.^;;

Yeahhh I can see where that would be hard. I haven't hit too much trouble thus far myself but I also haven't gotten far enough yet. Just in the 1st year still on the Mage. but lol to be honest I don't really like Fenris or Zevran as much as Alistair and Anders, though that might have something to do with the fact that I played through romancing the humans first - by coincidence mind you.
    Spoiler Spoiler

I got Awakenings (along with the other extra content) cause it came with Origins... I bought the Ultimate Edition so I really only paid maybe ten dollars extra on over it. It was alright all things considered (despite no Alistair D; ), and Anders was adorable with the kitty xD, just majorly lacking. I hope DA2: Legacy is better.
    Last edited by Lumine; 07-25-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Yeah I wasn't too happy about the ritual part either... I was like... grrr evil... but... I want to live happily evah after XD That play I was an elven mage so it was kinda like hmmm... yeah XD I'm not going to be anyone's concubine XD So no king for Alistair XD Tho if I do play through again, I'm going with human just so I can be queen too XD

lol I played DA2 almost straight from the time I got it home to finish XD lmao True, the chantry going boom was hilarious... and completely unexpected. I mean I knew something bad was going to happen, but the entire Chantry? rofls XD I sat there slackjawed for like.... I dunno how long XD

Ahh, I bought Origins before the Ultimate Edition came out unfortunately....

DA2: Legacy????? When, where, how, what?! XD

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

baaahh I am always a human noble. I played through a bit on a city elf, hooked up with Zevran and... got bored and the dwarf route was pretty similar to that. ^.^;; I dunno. The dalish was also pretty boring... sooo human noble is my favourite to play through on. lol yes be queeennn lol.

Hahhaaa I got through it in about two three days myself, mind you I can't play for long without needing to do something else. I get restless. lol silly Anders.

See I was a late bloomer in the DA world. My brother initially bought the game when it came out, and then sold it before I could play it. And then a couple months down the road my friends were all over it and I got on board.

Anyway yeahhh new content Legacy~

lol I was pretty late to the DA world too, just not quite as late XD Actually not all that long before the Ultimate Edition came out... I was most definitely wishing I'd not heard of it for just a little longer XD Ah well lol And thankies for the link!!!

OMG *drools* It comes out in 2 days?!!? Eeee more DA2 XD WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! XD Love love love! Thank you! XD

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

lol you're welcome. Happy to spread the joy!!

Anywho, just cause I had a bit of a question with SoF, how long did you want to wait till the next day comes about or so? I know we're still waiting on a couple others, but if need be, I can have Avani called back to work anytime. Just let me know ;P I'm not used to paced group roleplays so I'm still trying to get the hang of it.

Now you've made me all over excited, two days can't go by fast enough XD

And as for the next day thing, no idea lmao My group rps have always been more casual, but also by people on more often so I'm getting a bit of a feel for it too. But if you're wanting to get a jump on the next day, I'm fine with that at any point now really.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Hahahaaa well I suppose not, but there's plenty to distract a person. xD

Hmmm, okayy, I just wasn't sure where you intended to go with it, but I'm good with just playing my ear. Just putting it out there that I'm flexible for whatever needs to be done.

Oh definitely, I've Monster Hunter Tri to distract me for now lol

And that's good to know, thanks for telling me^^ Definitely is helpful when people are flexible lol

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

xD and I haveeeee Assassin's Creed Brotherhood I ought to finish. D;

Of course xD it's hard to rp a group rp when people aren't. ^.^;; in my experience anywayy.

I have yet to even finish the second Assassin's Creed XD Have only played Multiplayer on Brotherhood lol
    lol it's the same in my experience too, people need to be a tad more easygoing usually at least in some ways XD

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

About DA... I like Alistair too. He's funny. I want to play through as female noble and romance him. But even if you're playing a male you can still have some enjoyable interaction with him. I think Anders is a great character too. I'm currently romancing him. I think that DA2 have such a long story. I think I'll play it through max 2 more times. Orgins story was shorter but still epic. Why'd you think the end is an anti-climax? I don't...

I'm still in the 1st year for the 1st time but my brother has played through the entire story so I've got spoiled a bit. :/

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

DA2 was hurried. They worked on it for 1-2 years while Orgins was worked on for 4 years or more.

The combat system in DA2 is quite fast paced. But I've seen that at some boss monsters you still need some strategy thinking. (This is on Easy/Beginner) I read that some people thought there wasn't enough strategy in DA2 combats. I don't get bothered by that though.

I guess I'm not thinking much on strategy when I play a mage. I just send spells on the enemy.
    Zone District

Alistair is... in my opinion one of the most well-rounded characters. Of course, I'm bias about it ^.^:; And I suppose, because of the time lapse DA2 does have something of a long story, but Origins was way longer to play through, there were more hours of gameplay I had to put in for Origins than I did DA2. And while I don't think the ending of Origins was anti-climactic, I can see how it can be. For one, it depends on the ending you get, especially a person's first playthrough and two, the fact that there wasn't a huge cinematic ending, while certainly understandable, is something of a disappointment as far as that goes. Just text. I didn't mind it, and I was satisfied all the same, but I would have no doubt loved to see more. xD

Oh crap, speaking of I should put in the spoiler code, I forgot there was one x-x, sorry if we spoiled anything for you!

The fact that DA2 had a fast combat system was ideal to me, as like I mentioned, I am.... rather impatient and very much a tank. I mean, strategy game-wise and playthrough-wise, I love it, but combat-wise I'd rather just charge in and kill xD. I'm far too lazy to work the kinks of strategic combat, as I've learned from playing MMORPG's... ^.^;; I usually end up playing DD's or the big stoneman/beastpeople type tank xD. Whyyyyyy can't I ever play femaleee tanks? D; Stupid PWE.

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

And lol I seem to be the only one of my friends with a love for Assassin's Creed so I play solooo. I beat one and twooo but BioWare distracted me so I never finished Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

I sort of lost interest in Assassin's Creed 2 mostly cuz I went straight from 1 to it, I think. The gameplay was just too repetitive at that point for me so I put it down for the time being. lol and then of course, I prolly won't get back to it for awhile considering there's the games I'm playing atm... several Harvest Moons I have to finish, Monster Hunter Tri, Elder Scrolls, Two Worlds Two... XD
    Suppose it doesn't help that rp and my art/writing takes up most of my time normally is why I usually don't get back to a game for an insane amount of time after putting it down. lmao

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Haha I know what that's like I'm very much the same on that. My writing and drawing comes first and foremost. Specially since I'm in the process of applying for a couple colleges (going into the game animation industry xp). AC2 was easy for me to get through, despite how much I missed Altair, I loved Ezio and more specifically Leonardo. Though lately really, I haven't had the desire to play a game for more than about an hour as of late. I'm in the midst of trying to beat Infinite Undiscovery, AC: Brotherhood, DA2 (second playthrough), and ToV. But I can't sit still long enough for any of them right now. D;

Oh super lucky! And good luck with the applications^^ That'd be an awesome field to get into.
    For AC1, I adored it. Might've been mainly cuz I just liked killing the heck out of things XD Not sure lol Or might've been the ability to sneak up on guys and just be like... dun... dun.... dunnnnn.... BAM! DEAD! XD lol yes, I'm odd XD
    Can totally understand the bouncing about around games, sometimes can be a bit frustrating when you want to finish something but you lose interest. I've not replayed DA or DA2 myself... dunno why, I guess it was just the disappointment of the game ending for DAO and 2 I think I was just waiting for DLC XD
    DAO made me so upset I went and ranted on one of those gaming blogs, and apparently they thought my rant was so great they featured it in their next article on DAO... I was like O.o wow... lmao I'll link if anyone ever wants to see that XD

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Awesome, but entirely competitive. Bahh but BioWare is like 20 minutes from where I live! lol <3 Though I'd be going to BC for college. but LMFAO I KNOWWW AC1 was loveee for me. Hahaa, that 'dun... dun.... dunnnnn.... BAM! DEAD!' made me piss myself. xD Hahahaa. And dude, I want to see the rant! >;D But yeah, most of my gaming as of late... is inconsistent and jumpy. I may go out and buy Mass Effect though cause the first playthrough of BioWare games seem to keep me tied down longest. Which.... is impressive by my standrads.

Fuck, I had written a long good reply with lots of detail but when I was going to post it, I had got logged out. Everything was gone!

In summary, I have already got spoiled by watching my brother. What you posted wasn't much different from that.
    There was an epic cut scene... when you kill the Archdemon. But from a developer POV it's necessary as different choices affect those texts. It's easier with text that changes than different cut scenes.
    I think it was bad however that making Alistair king caused a bad flag that prevent some choices to affect the texts or keeping them from showing.

I think the slower combat is a bit better than the fast paced combat in DA2. You're more in control in my opinion. The fast paced combat in DA2 makes me go lost at times.

Then I shared some strategy for some difficult bosses. I might do that at a later time but right now I can't be bothered.

Also what is PWE?
    Zone District

lol Lucky XD I was ready to march on Bioware after DAO so is a good thing I'm in BC and not there XD lmao
    Wow I have the power to make people wet themselves, awesome XD
    Anywho, here's the linkage: http://www.polishtheconsole.com/2010...counter-point/ Bit of a read just to warn ya lmao

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

That sucks D;

And goodness, I'm happy I didn't ruin anything for you then. But yes, there was that and like I said, I totally understand why they didn't have more. It just, would have been all the more epic to have. And, while I liked the combat in DAO, like I said, I have no patience in combat. Noneee. I didn't have a hard time with DA2 and I don't think I got lost in it at all. ^.^;;

PWE = Perfect World Entertainment. Home to both MMO's I've been playing as of late. Forsaken World and more specifically Perfect World International... but like all games, I've been slow on getting anywhere with them lately.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

I'm good with the read. lol BC! Awesome I'm Albertan~. Going to probs Kelowna or Vancouver myself Hopefully Kelowna.

My brother plays Perfect World International. He wants me to join aswell. I did try it on his account but I haven't got far. :P
    Zone District