Login to your account

Thread: WARNING: This thread may contain starch and/or the undead

Background NPC SuperZombiePotatoe's Avatar

WARNING: This thread may contain starch and/or the undead

Hi
    Did my title work? I was trying to do that reverse psychology thing where you warn someone about something but curiosity gets the better of them and so forth. I don't think it hit the nail right on the head, but atleast it got you here... I do hope that someone is here and I'm not just talking to myself (although I tend to do that quite often). Anyway, welcome to my request thread!

About Me
    It seems that I have one humdinger of a username, so I'll just introduce myself as SZP. Feel free call me anything else you may come up with, as long as it's not mean. No meanies. I'm a 20 year old student and I've been making up stories for...... my whole life, really. I only started role playing on Gaia in August last year. That seems like quite a short time, but I think that I'm quite a capable writer. I have good spelling and grammar, but there's always room for growth, right?

What I expect in a partner

- I'd prefer for you to be literate. Yes, nobody is perfect and mistakes do happen, but as long I'm able understand what you've written and not want to dash my head against a wall, we'll be good.

- You should post a reasonable length. I'm good with atleast two paragraphs of six sentences each, although longer post are always refreshing. If you give me a one liner, you may receive a visit from one of my undead spuds. Mind you, it will not be a pleasant visit. Also, pointless posts. Potatoe does not care for pointless posts. My english teacher would always say that one should aim to express and not to impress. Quite eloquent, don't you think?

- Consistency is the key. Life happens, we all know this, so I'd like for you to post atleast once a week. If you're not able to post for any reason, please let me know 'cause I'll do the same for you. I won't bite, maybe just nibble a bit.

- I'd like to know you aswell. I think it'd be kinda weird doing rp with someone and and not knowing a thing about them. If we have a friendly relationship, it'll be easier for us to discuss things and have fun! All in all, I'd like to be buddies with my partner

No we can move on to the details!

Themes

- Fantasy
    - Sci-fi
    - Post-Apocalyptic
    - Dystopian future
    - Steampunk
    - Modern with a supernatural twist

Pairings

I'm open to pairing suggestions, so I'll just list a few. Not all of these are romantic pairs:

- Sibling x Sibling
    - Jock x Nerd
    - Popular x Rebel
    - Assassin x Target
    - Assassin x Assassin
    - King x Neighbouring Princess
    - Prince x Neighbouring Princess
    - Wizard x Apprentice
    - Mortal x Immortal
    - Alien enthusiast x Skeptic
    - Alien enthusiast x Alien
    - Faerie x Human
    - Inventor x Customer
    - Airship captain/pirate x Civilian

Fandoms

I'm not much of a fandom person, but I'd be will to rp in these worlds as canon or oc:

- Lord of the Rings
    - Harry Potter
    - Game of Thrones

Things I don't do

- M x M
    - M x F
    - Angels
    - Sparkly vampires
    - Smut

No plots because I'd like us to develop those together

Right, I think that gives you a good idea of what I'm looking for. If something sticks out, but you have a different idea tell me about it! I'd prefer if you responded here, but I'm also okay with PMs.
    With that, I take my leave
    Last edited by SuperZombiePotatoe; 03-19-2014 at 07:53 PM.

Hi there Zom-Zom (Can I call you Zom-Zom?) =D I'm FijiLoki. Or Fiji. Or Loki. Or Samantha. No SAM! I hate Sam. XP

I'm 24 years old. Work part time in sales with crazy random hours – but I play RP while I'm at work (not so much at home recently because interwebs has been on the fritz). I am interested in doing an rp with you! I'm pretty much looking for the same thing in an RP parter. I do play females better...I do play males sometimes too, but tend to play female more so. I just get into the role better. Do you usually play males or female characters? I lost fantasy and medieval fantasy! I also love romance developing within a story. I am cool with adult scenes – whether that be detailed descriptions of fighting and blood etc, or something sexual. How about yourself? Post-apocalyptic can also be fun. =D I also love Game of Thrones – I've never done a fandom for it though but might be open to the idea.

I'm pretty open to pairings! Also open to all different types of pairings (fxf,fxm,mxm,etc) Out of the pairings you listed I especially like

Assassin x Target
    Assassin x Assassin
    Prince x Princess

But I'm really open to whatever – forbidden stuff is cool with me too.

Hope to hear from you!
    Last edited by FijiLoki; 03-24-2014 at 05:13 PM.
    "And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?"

A reply?! Woo! *boogies excitedly*
    Hi Loki! You know, I was going to call you Sam just to mess with you, but you know, first impressions and all ^^
    Heh, you may call me Zom-Zom. There's actually someone on Menewsha who calls me that. Reminds me of Pom-Pom

Anyway, thanks for having a look around mah thread. I've been wanting to get some 1x1s going for a while. Okay, so character wise... When I started out only playing females, but I started playing males about 3/a months ago and I'm fine playing both. So, if you're comfortable being female, that's that's totally cool.
    Oh, and I'm still learning about fight scenes and that's mainly because I haven't had much chance to rp them. I'm a super quick learner though and we're good with blood and guts and gore. Heh, I'm that person during a slasher movie going "Eew!" but who's eyes are glued to the screen XD
    Also, romance in a story is always welcome. Sexual stuff, well there's got to be some kind of sexual attraction in romance so I'm okay with the mentioning and exploring that. But, I'm not very comfortable rping the actual sexual situation. I'd usually do time skip

Alright, pairings *rubs hands together*

I'm a HUGE fantasy geek, so anything fantasy related you can count me in. I'm also a Game of Thrones fan. I watched season 1, but then I gave it up to read the books instead. Since then, I've only gotten to reading them now. I'm on the 5th book. I'm not a fandom person, I like to come up with original characters, but maybe we could just use the setting and mythology of that world?
    Oh, we could incorporate the Prince x Princess paring into it. Perhaps, there are two houses who despise each other, children aswell. Then the King forces them to marry their children to bridge the gap? Then war breaks out and so forth.

I've also been interested in the Assassin x Target pairing for quite some time. We could incorporate that into a post-apocalyptic setting? So far I have 2 ideas for that:
    A forbidden romance rp where the Assassin falls for the Target. Assassin begins to question their loyalty to the brotherhood. Target fights with the fact that they think all assassins are heartless.
    Or
    Assassin is about to kill the Target, but they somehow recognise each other. Neither of them know how and are determined to find out.

Yeah, that's all I've got. Tell what you think, yes?
    Thanks again!
    Last edited by SuperZombiePotatoe; 03-25-2014 at 08:08 PM.

I don't really like fandoms either – so if we did do something in the Game of Thrones settings we would have to only take like....the setting and mythology as you say; we'd really have to just decide what all we wanted to take and what point the story begins. =D

So in regards to your prince x princess thing – so they would begin hating each other then? What caused the war to break out? The marriage or something else?

Oooo I love your ideas about assassinxtarget Nom-Nom! I love both of them! I'd totally prefer to do one of those. I lean a little bit towards the first idea. Would it be okay if I played the target though if we played this scenario? Now would we want to do this in a fantasy setting with like...powers and etc or a medieval like setting so no supernatural powers or post apocalyptic etc.

Okay, honestly I just came up with that P x P on the spot. I have no idea what would happen with that one. Though, given some thought, I'm something would pop up... eventually XP

That being said, I'm so up for the assassin one *bangs hands on the desk eagerly*
    Yeah, you could be the target. That actually works out perfectly 'cause I totally had an idea for the assassin!

Um, I originally thought of it as a fantasy setting, but not specifically high fantasy. This picture influenced the idea a bit
    I imagined that there would be industry and machinery (crossbows, guns, nothing like modern technology), but magic would possible and different races would exist. Any thoughts on this?

That sounds great! =) I think I will play a non human. Do you want to start the RP or me? What should we call it? So one thing we have to figure out is why my character is a target - does your character know or is just following orders? It could be some sort of position or who she is or something more racial and what she is. Could be she saw or heard something she shouldn't have. Is his orders to kill her or capture her? If he's going to kill her does something change his mind or does she slip away a few times? If he captures her perhaps for some reason he decides he'll kill her tomorrow or the next day, or if he has to travel with her he'd need to capture her (if his orders were capture not kill) so many possibilities!

Cool! Imma go with a human I think. What kind of non-human??
    I haven't started one yet so could you start it, just to be safe?
    The bloody name!! I forgot about that. Okay, um, forbidden romance... assassins... maybe "A Question of Loyalty" or "The Shadows that Bind Us" ('cause assassin's work best in the shadows XD)

Possibilities indeed. Hmm... I think he should have to take her captive, then they can communicate for a while. Oh, idea! Maybe, his superiors tell him one thing but somehow, from discussions with her and eavesdropping, he finds out it was for a totally different reason. They then bust out and go on the run, then their relationship develops further. Like an "Us against the world" thing.
    But, that still leaves the question of what the reason is? Maybe, her family is prominent and wealthy so they kidnap her for a ransom, which he knows about. Instead of letting her go after, they plan on... here's where I'm stumped

Sure I can make it. We'll...Let's see...I was thinking something that looks human except for many a small detail; I like the idea that her family is wealthy and prominent - that would be a cover up of why she was supposed to be captured, and the real reason would be something else. One idea was sort of a half angel type of thing or half demon. Or perhaps a changeling.

So do you want our chars to have some sort of power? If so, how many each?

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

http://www.wtfrpg.com/forum/showthre...s-that-Bind-Us

Those are some interesting ideas! Can't wait to see what you decide to go with

Powers are always cool, I think. Maybe 2 to 3?
    I think I want my guy powers that would be practical for an assassin. Mainly enhanced senses and physique and outcome prediction (study a situation and predict various ways that situation could go)

Also, one character for you and one for me. We need side characters. Should we have a few that both of us can use? Or go with two characters each?

I'd prefer to each have our own chars. I tend to make up side chars as i go along with the storyline.

So my char would be from a rich family - so who would have hired her capture? Tho i suppose that can be figured out later. I am leaning a little towards changeling. Where would he nab her? In her home, or elsewhere? Has he been watching her at all to figure out how best to get her and if so for how long

Okay, I think that would make things a lot easier =3

Maybe we can make the person anonymous for now and have like a big reveal later on. Watching her for a while does seem more prudent, but not for too long 'cause we want them to interact soon. Maybe a day or two, then he could snag her. She'd have to be alone so either at home late at night or if she's out walking somewhere. I'm good with anything

Okay I'll make a char up today while I'm at work and do a post. You can decide if he'd already been watching her for some time or if hes just starting to watch her totally up to u This is ganna be fun =D

Cool, I couldn't sleep last night so I'm already set with mine
    Woo! Do the boogie with me *proceeds to boogie*

hahaha well post your char up in the thread and I'll accept it. I'm about to make my char now.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

do u want to post first or me?

Done done done!

Well, seeing that it is quite late here, could you post first?
    By the way, what timezone are you in?

I am in CST,. It's 3:06 pm here I'm at work but I'll try to get something up =) If not I'll put something up tomorrow

Don't rush!! Post when it's easy for you *nods*

It's 10:10 pm here. Not particularly late, but you know... sleep depravation

posted!