Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tahiel's (lame)Art Corner

Tahiel's (lame)Art Corner

Sooo, I figured since I've doodled a couple things not too long ago I might as well show them off, they average on crappy but I'm rather proud of my latest naga-lady (who was done for an art trade). XD

Just click the thumbnails for the large version. :3

(ooc)

you silly bugger, those are all truly wonderful! I love your shading and I am sure you know you are levels above many of those who have posted art so hush

Wow, these are awesome! I love your art style. I wish I could do clothing like that!

Thank you Aerion! <3 Haha, I still hate my art/shading >3< but I am quite proud of the naga ladies. XD I think they came out great compared to my average. <.<
    I recently finished another one that was surprisingly difficult to sketch out. x_x I swear the arm at the back gave me more troubles than all three previous full works together... lol

And thank you also Lumine! Actually clothing is what I find easiest to color. X'DDDD

(ooc)

Psshhh, I'm sooo jealous xD, The hair is easiest for me, but I'm always cursing clothing. I tend to avoid it too xD (Can't really complain either, half-naked men! woo~) But yeah, if you have a DA, I would love to add you~

lolol I avoid clothes sometimes too <.< (mostly when I don't know what to make them wear. XDDDD), haha, I hate doing hair x_x it's hell, I tell you. HELL!
    I do have a DA, but the only art I've uploaded in the past oh, 5 years lol is the one you just saw. The rest is mostly doll photos. XDDD But, here it is: http://forsakenchld.deviantart.com/ there are some old pieces in the Art folder, if you ca find it way down past all the dolls... XD

(ooc)

lmao, I think I cheat with the hair a bit. Of course, when it comes to working with line art, I have a much harder time with hair. I never could grasp the hang of line art properly either, so I've left it alone thus far and I commend you for being able to do it so well.

And yay for doll photos! xD You now have a stalker, congrats ;D

lol XDD Tell me your secret to pretty hair! D:<
    Haha, my line art is so bad <.<;; it goes through a major cleaning process in PS before I even start coloring in. XDD I swear I have the shakiest lines ever (and a tendency to go over the lines or simply not connect them at all XD). LOL But I do love doing details, even if I'm lame at them.

And yay! Stalker! XD

(ooc)

Haha, it's not really a secret I could probably do up a mini tutorial to show you the process? It's like three steps xD the basics of it anyway >;3.
    And trust me, your line art is better than I could ever do. (I also managed to sneek a peak at some of your old stuff, your attention for detail, particularly with clothes is amazing.)

YUS; I want three-step tutorial to perfect hair! XDD Please, and thank you

And thank you. X) Yeah, like I say I adore making details for the clothes, my problem is half the time I don't know what to do. XD But I do love experimenting with textures and such for clothes, and making details by hand too, and adding stuff when I can. <3

lol, my only "secret" to clothes is to smudge-tool the hell out of it after dabbing random shades and highlights. XDDD
    I love how it often gives it a velvet-like texture if you make a sharp turn to bright.
    Last edited by Tahiel; 07-17-2011 at 07:14 PM.

(ooc)

lol I'll get to it soon then. I have a couple things before that though, but I'll send you the link as soon as I finish it xD.

I wish it were that easy for me xD even if you don't know what to do the result is usually pretty awesome from what I've seen. I don't have the creativity for it. I usually spend a good hour or so researching clothes for references and the like before I get anything out of it. I'm not that great with texture either x-x.

Smudge tooollll xD I use the watercolor one on SAI. Same general effect, though not as good I suppose. But yay shades and highlights! I will try the randomness next time > maybe it'll help me improve~ Thanks!

Yay! Thanks <3 hehe And there's no hurry. :3

Aw, haha, I just... doodle. XD Draw 'em all naked then start putting clothes on them (sometimes lol), at random. Texture is hard, but layer stuff helps lot. The ones I used in the ones above was kind of lame though because it was the default by PS, I didn't want to google something more fabric-y. <_<;;;

lol Shades and highlights aren't hard to get in the right place imho (or at least, the general area lol), so long as you have a general idea of where the light comes from and where the fold is. XD
    I want to try watercolor in painter, but I'm lay to change programs and re-learn everything XDDD (same reason why I don't bother installing SAI, too lol) PS works for my current needs and I already know what everything does. 8D
    Smudge tool, and for larger areas, gaussian blur! XD

But really, I think you do great with your pics in all shading and highlighting. XDD
    Last edited by Tahiel; 07-17-2011 at 10:37 PM.

(ooc)

I wannnttttt PS, but it's stupid expensiveeee.

Layers are life <3 but yeah I suppose that makes sense. xD Haha draw em nakeddd. I do that anyway for my own pitiful amusement and my laziness ;D. And despite what you say I like the texturing you did for your sketches above.

Hahaaa I have a tendency to over do it on the shading bit tbh, but then it gets dulled out by all the stupid effects I throw over it. x-x

Bahahaha Gaussian Blur!! Dunno why I loved at that xD.

Hahaa thanks, course there's always room for improvement~

Yeahhhhh it is. lol The price goes about the same as how it slows down your comp hogging memory and resources. But it's cool. lol

Ah layers, what would I do without them? Not color anything, that's what. XD
    And lol, but going over it is good, it gives them more realism. More 3D-ness. I wish I could do simpler 'cell' shading or that cute half-assed looking but very lovely coloring/shading that's not really shading and looks watercolor-y. lol Not sure what the style is called. XD But somehow I'm completely incapable of that sort of thing even tho it looks so easy........... :/

Yusss, there always is. I think I shall dedicate my life to drawing nagas tho, there's nothing like not having to draw legs XDDD

(ooc)

I have the memory. Just not the money D; The woes of a lowly student.

I could do with that! Black and white works fine with me xD lol but.... unfortunately learning the ways of coloring is important if I want that improvement. And I love my layers <3.

This is true. It works as a guide for shape as well.

I dunno what it'd be called either but I know what you're refering to. It's frustrating how easy something looks, but once you try it you realize it's not.

Hahahaa legs. S'all good, I need a whole lesson on anatomy. xD Somehow I missed out on it in high school >.> <.< hahaa... ^.^;;

I have neither. 8D I have internet. lol <.<

Well, it's either that or improving at inking, which I myself have zero patience for despite loving to add details. Haha.... But I love inked/b&w works too. *v*

LOL, haha, the legs aren't so much the matter though, as the feet, but, one single coil-y tail beats two legs. XD
    Me, I love drawing hands, even when they give me hell. <.< I can't draw feet for the life of me though.

(ooc)

Hahhaa, I suppose that works.

o__o Now that I don't think i'll ever have the patience to try. Props to you.

lol, true enough. Personally though, if I can cheat the hands and make 'em look natural then I will. Feet on the other head... welllll that's what them shoes are for. However crappy they may be. Or socks. Socks are nice.

Haha, socks are life savers! Spare you the toes and shape the feet pretty! :P More than one pic has been drown without clothes- but with socks. LOL
    Hm, now I want to draw a naga with a sock. ;P

(ooc)

DOO ITTTT!!! xDD A big awesome sock >;D

*random commentary from the non artist type* Stalking the conversation between you two is so much fun and making me laugh so hard. Your nagas are awesome, btw, Tahiel. I've always loved nagas and have a super cute chibi style arts for one of my old naga characters that I won in a character creation contest thingy.

Any how, I can't draw to save my life, but I used to use a copy of ps on my old roomie's computer to color things in and layers most def. win ^.^! That's about the only art related comment I can make though >.>. I'd show you some of the stuff I colored but for the epic weekend of doom in which the website I stored the stuff on went suddenly belly up (it was a private one owned by another friend who did not warn me it was going away ;_ and my computer hard drive literally blew up. That was the end of my art, lol.

and random side note, I am 90 percent certain Y!Gallery has at least one sock wearing naga

Lumine; lolol sadly I'm too lazy XDDDD And also my tablet is hooked to the other pc, which is off, which makes me moaaaaarrrr lazy (otherwise I might have tried it XD)

Aerion; XD Thank you~~ nagas are fun to draw, particularly coiling around someone else ready to eat them, specially if said someone is unsuspecting.
    That's great that you got a nifty naga art as prize *v* I love getting and collecting art of my charas. <3
    That sucks that you lost your own stuff that way though. :/ I've suffered it before, as well as the HD blow up lol. We get a lot of powerouts here so it's like having discardable electronics x_x lol (Oh~ I feel like I live in Svalentia LOL)

LOLOL Oh, Y!Gallery, I bet there is one there. XDDD I haven't been there in foreverrrrr.... since they decided girly boys weren't good enough for the site x_x lol which promptly meant 99% of my gallery there was questionable.
    Wait- I'm very slow on the uptake. Are you faeoori? XDDD

(ooc)

particularly coiling around someone else ready to eat them, specially if said someone is unsuspecting.
    YUS! /).(\ *covers face* lol shared weirdo-ism is awesome.
    pfft you better not know me from Y!Gallery, I haven't been there in years and joined back in one of my odd phases. But yus faeoori and aerion be one in the same >.< shh don't let the secret out lol. Any how, when did they ban girly boys? I left back when they got all anti furry even though I am not that into furry xp. It just bugged be that shota was all good but anthro was not lol. O.o Btw DO I know you from there? That would kinda rpck and kinda stink if I did ha ha, not cause of you or any thing.

Ahhh well the idea's still there

Onnn another note, I have nooo idea what Y!Gallery is ^.^;;

lol it is a yaoi themed art site

:O Reaalllyyy? -skips off to ogle-

AERION ASJGAFDGAFSJGAFS XDDDDDD /end totally blond moment
    I'm loling so bad right now, it's the third time I have a "Oh hey wait, aren't you-?" moment with someone I knew. X///D *hides in shame*
    I'm sasoiuke. XDDD I even had you on AIM for a while (I think? or email at least XD) because we were both into RPing and yaoi but I don't think we ever did much more than talk a couple times because we were both lazy or busy or something? XD I made adopt-a-bishie! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD *is dead now, much like the club lol*

And I don't remember exactly when, a long long while ago. They modified this tiny little thing on the rules that said that even if the character was bare-chested and all, he had to look manly (so no pretty waists or the like). So people went on reporting rampage of girly looking charas and several chibis, and after a couple reports I just helped them by removing most/a good deal of my gallery and not going back.XD I don't know what went of it, I think they sorta allow girly again, because it also killed most the crossdressing galleries of girly characters lol.

Last I heard they almost had to close but managed not to. <_<

Lumine; Haha I may try when I get-unlazy, if I remember.
    Also, Y!Gallery = Yaoi Gallery. XD
    Last edited by Tahiel; 07-18-2011 at 12:46 AM.

(ooc)

I dun have aim >.>. Ok well I do now, but i only got it like 6 months ago lol so we so never played. but I have rped on yaoi sites before and I remember the adopt a bishy club! (random side note, lumine 8snuggle pet* if my first yaoi rp partner on this site ^_^! And even drew my character, so I luffs her.) mew I have to go back to Y! there long enough to figure out my connections to you, lol. Bwa ha ha I looked. Gods that was back when I used paint to color every thing. Gosh darn it ,why does that crud still exist and not my pretty stuff. Ha ha oh well. I think half my submissions on Y! Gallery were text only characters for your club, lol.

oh and fail on their part for being anti girl stuff. Pretty boys and cross dressers are the best kind, lol. I actually started poking around there like a month ago when one of my old friends from there got my e-mail some how and wanted to know if I lived. They seem to have plenty of girly guys now.
    Last edited by Aerion; 07-18-2011 at 12:49 AM.

lolol, yes, I edited myself, because I remembered I had you somewhere... but if it wasn't aim it was email or another forum or SOMETHING LOL I just remembered we talked outside of YGal a few times and there was talk of RPing and character adopting but little accomplished. XDDDD

lol Oh dear. XDDD SO LONG AGO. And when I looked at my DA today and was "Oh, faeoori added me-wait, didn't faeoori have me already? WAIT- wasn't that o YGAL? WAIT- are they the same? WAAAAIT- who is Faeoori? Has to be from WTFRPG!But whoo issss eeeeeet" *loling still*

WTFRPG- bringing old mutual stalkers together. <3 lol

That's great on the side note btw. 8D I keep considering posting on the 1on1 forum to request but get lazy to type stuff out since I don't really know what I want to play anyhow. :P

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Oh, and yes, a lot changed on Y!Gal because, I think they reason they didn't close was that they managed to get new management/supporters. So rules changed, again. XD

(ooc)

pfft the old management stunk. Their kinks were all cool but any thing else was nix worthy. (I Actually got into HUGE off site debate with one of the old major domos, forget who, about how (s?)he thought shota was awesome even noncon shota, but furries were all kitten rapers, lol. Ha ha any how, It's cool to find out I knew some one on here from before ^_^! and yus, I go with faeoori on art sites mostly, plus I used to used it all around more often (you'll note both sites my accounts are like 7+ yrs old). I've since grown and changed into my new ID not that I am terribly hard to track down.

Oh, if you dun wanna clutter your art page up (I know, too late, right?) We can scoot on over here to continue random blabber like the fact that you SO need to make a one on one thread or poke me on mine because I wanna limit my group RPs 'cause of my schedule but would so love to one on one with you.

lolol YESSUM, moving there. XD

(ooc)