Login to your account

Thread: Idea, need yout opinions/improvments/ideas

Idea, need yout opinions/improvments/ideas

I've decided I'd put all my heart, brains and creativity into an RP, that involves battles, inner darkness, demons, barbarians, a very long journey and legendary weapons.

RP Name: Quest for Illandor
    RP Genre: Fantasy
    OOC Info: General group, PG-13, Third Person Only, Follows a story.
    Background: Illandor is a large and mysterious land with many animals, monsters and that call it home. A darkness threatening to destroy this land is growing more and more powerful and in order to defeat it Heroes must rise and find a way to purify and destroy this darkness. It all starts here in Reinor, a small trade town, many dream of adventure but most live their lives without fulfilling this dream. However there is a young boy who is planning to leave one day, he just needs to find an opportunity.
    Races: Humans: Humans specialize in many things from crafting to combat, they are quick learners and their personalities vary.

Elves: These ancient folk are seen as long living and have pointed ears and sharp senses. They are very talented in crafting bows an other weapons, some Elves are curious and are willing to travel to distant lands while some can be rather shy and hide at the sight of outsiders but lmuch like humans personalities vary. These people are often very wise.

Dwarves: The people of the mountains and caves, they experiment in many different techniques to create many weapons from cannons to axes to the simple dagger. Most dwarves have short tempers and hate insults directed at their race, homes or work. Though they may be short they are strong and intelligent.

Rakenshi: An odd and exotic people appearing to be humans with Cat ears and a Cat tail, they're rather curious and tend to eat anything that looks edible. They have sharp claws dispite hainvg human hands, they have made special gauntlets that fit their claws and protect them from materials and shells that may break or resist the claws, these gauntlets are made to enhace comabt ability though they have been known to use other weapons on rare occasions. They are very much like humans but they all seem very energetic and friendly. Rakenshi have very senses sharper the elves making them reliable friends and dangerous enemies.

Lizerans: Lizard people who can be very agressive towards outsiders and are a tribal race, they make small villages and very rarely leave searching adventure. Their weapons are strange and effective, though tribes are usually moderately far from eachother there are some tribes that are close to eachother for trading and hunting reasons. These people are strong, aggressive and belive that brute force is the only way to win a battle.

Wolven: People like the Rakenshi but instead of having Cat ears and a Cat tail they have Wolf Ears and a wolf tail and their bones are extremely tough and light making them very agile like Rakenshi but unlike Rakenshi they are unable to jump great distances but they can still jump further and higher then any any other race. A tribal race like the Lizerians but they have all joined to make a city and small towns surrounding it. Wolven warriors are often seen fighting with Metal claws strapped to their hands but they use other weapons aswell. Their senses are pretty much equal to Rakenshi senses but are said to have a better sense of smell.

Evil Races:
    Orcs: Orcs are large, strong and very violent. They have allied them selves with the darkness after they were promised with power and all the meat they want.
    Goblinoids: Small pale green orcs that are viscious that were promised the same thing as orcs.
    Reavers: Reavers are dark creatures that worship the darkness, they will attack anything that doesn't follow their leader. They have pale blue skin and are human in shape but they have a demon like tail
    Demons: Demons come in alot of different varities the most common are Shadows who appear to be black smoke in the shape of a thin man with long pointed fingers and two small lights for eyes. Many others exist but haven't been seen for centuries until the darkness appeared.
    Undead: Bodies animated by demons or necromancers, they are mindless and follow the ones who brought them back. If the one who animated them dies they will roam the area they are in and attack anything that lives.

Other:
    Humans: Recommended for any character
    Elves: Recommended for Ranger, Stealth, hunter and Mage characters.
    Dwarves: Recommended for warrior, gunner and Mage characters.
    Rakenshi: Recommended for fast, energetic, fist fighter and michevious characters
    Lizerians: best suited for brutal, barbaric, shaman and (very rarely) sorcerer characters
    Wolven: Best for hunter, stealth, warrior, sorcerer, fist fighter and berserker characters
    Reavers: Recommended for evil characters

Reavers are the only evil race play able because the other evil races are going to be killed in mass swarms meaning your character would be dead quickly, reavers are less likely to die due to their power.
    Any character from a non evil race is allowed to be evil theirs no reason why they'd all be good or neutral.
    Last edited by nero123; 07-17-2011 at 11:26 AM.
    Friendly Neighbourhood Gunsligner
    'Tag...you're it...*shoots*'

This is sounding fairly interesting so far. Would the characters made for this travel as a group, or would different characters be in different situations? So far the racial information is good, and the concept seems more solid then Factions. Though, in future, always better to have all the info finished first, since there are some who prefer to only look at fully fleshed ideas^^ Nothing big, but would help encourage more people.
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Lucky I finished it then ^_^
    Yeah factions was an rp I made ages ago so I'll get to fixing it up at a later date, and I'll polish the description tomorrow...if I were any more tired I'd be sleep typing.
    Gnite all

Some one is a fan of the Elder Scrolls games, huh? He he the concept reminds me very much of those games and even several of the races have similar names (I think their cat people are Rakasha like the mythical ones though xp).

Any way, it looks interesting though I am probably a bit too busy and have promised to join other RPs already. Since you mentioned 'classes' or jobs good for the various races, will you be giving details on what those classes can and can not do? After all, it might be a bit odd if every ranger has a completely different skill set, does that make any sense?

Edit: I actually didn't know about the Elder Scrolls race of cat people...dunno how i'm able to refrence stuff without knowing it. And I decided to not make classes, I orginally meant certain races suit better sorts of characters like a warrior character or a mage character, I'm sticking with that
    Last edited by nero123; 07-20-2011 at 06:41 AM.