Login to your account

Thread: Escaping Life

Escaping Life

Cool beans.

Neither Sinner nor Saint SedatedDemon's Avatar
    Whoop.

Name: Winter
    Looks: Long blonde, almost silvery hair that goes to her waist, pale skin, and bright blue eyes.
    Personality: Headstrong and outspoken.
    Other: Her father is a captain in the American army.

Girl girl or am I a boy?

A boy I guess.

Okay...

Name: James
    Looks: James has shaggy brown hair and warm green eyes. He is pale, but tale and muscular.
    Other: He's been orphaned by the war and has been running around the rubble for three months.

What's wrong? :/

Nuffin'

Haha okay.

I hugged my father's letter to my chest, closing my eyes. He's been off to war for a year now. Will this war ever end? The Koreans are killing us. Bombing us, raiding our houses, raping the women.. It's World War 2 all over again... I stepped outside and tried not to inhale the smoke. My mother and I live close to a US base, so the town is highly dangerous. There's nowhere to move and most of us are starving.

I strolled down an empty road, the distant booming of the front lines ringing dimly in my ears. I was use to it. The last four towns I had been staying in had been destroyed, the first being my home town. The smoke lingered in the streets and I ran my fingers through my sooty, greasy hair.

I grabbed some ration cards, and I walked through the streets, towards the market. I got my ration of bread and dried fruit, and I hid them, so no crazy person would steal them. I went to a local shelter and began giving parts of my rations to the starving children. My mother works at a bakery, so we have the benefit of bread. We never really starve. So I spend my time helping the families and trading bread cards for milk cards.

I glanced at the shelter and sighed. Those places never helped me, I never had ration cads. I checked inside a trash can- but no one threw anything away any more. The rain began to fall and I leaned my head back. I could feel the dirt washing down my face.

I said goodbye to everyone and I walked out of the shelter, wincing when I felt the cold rain. I shivered and looked up to see a boy I've never seen before. He's really handsome.. But he looks dreadful.. He can't be much older than I. I walked over and smiled. "Hi.. You don't look like you're from around here.."

"I'm not, I'm from a hundred miles west,"I said, nodding my head back to the flashing lights and booming sounds where the front line was. I smirked at the shock on her face,"Yeah. I'm a refugee."

"I see.." I answered. I stared at him for a moment. "Are you hungry?" I asked. Even if he is a refugee I can't deny him food or shelter if he desires.

"Very, but I can take care of myself,"I said with a nod, looking around,"Where can I get fresh water?"

I sighed. "The shelter. Come." I said, leading him to the shelter. I led him inside and then gave him the rest of my bread, and I got him some water.

"No, really, I'm not staying,"I said softly, shaking my head slowly. I needed to keep moving, because the front line was right behind me.

"Sir, you are going to die out there." I said fiercely, glaring at him. I took a deep breath. "But fine. Whatever." She reached into her pocket and pulled something out. They were a few ration cards. She shoved them in his hand. "Here. And the next time someone offers you help, I suggest you take it because it could very well save your damn life."