Login to your account

Thread: Death by Music anyone?

Death by Music anyone?

I like my Music so I decided...make it a weapon!

the idea is our weapons are instruments say have a trumpet gun, a guitar axe/spear thing, a flute spear maybe even taiko drum maces

the story takes place in a world where there are all sorts of reigons some float in the air, some are very cold and some are underwater and ect.

There will be monsters that we fight, and we'd fight ourselves but we can't kill eachother due to the ancient rules the weapons follow, each weapon has an Oni spirit in it (Taiko drum stick maces would have two but they're only half strength of one) communicating with that spirit takes training and some can be troublesome.

So...anyone interested?
    Friendly Neighbourhood Gunsligner
    'Tag...you're it...*shoots*'

Musical weapons?! Oni spirits?! Oh, you can count me in!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Humble Farmer With a Sword Nanaki's Avatar
    That sounds epic! Interested person, right here!
    Most people see the world as right side up, I prefer the left side.

"Don't worry, you'll like denial... it tastes like bacon" The quote that made me fear for my sanity...

I think my psyche's broken!

This just got two steps too freaky...

If you ever find a genie, wish for more genies, not more wishes. Wish to nullify the rules, and never, ever, wish your characters to life. It'll end bad... trust me.

I was looking through my brain to remember anyhting I can use as an example...guess what I found one
    ignore the armor and such this is is just to get the general idea of the weapons
    Last edited by nero123; 07-18-2011 at 07:04 AM.

I would love to be a part of this proposed RP! I love music, and the chance to weaponize it sound like a very unique concept that would be fun to play out. Count me in.

Ok, well now for some info

Name of RP: N/A
    Genre: Modern Fantasy
    Weapons: Musical instruments that double as weapons (Guitar axe, Trumpet gun, flute spear, ect)
    Background: For years oni used their music to protect humanity from Makamou, monsters who feed on people and get stronger with each feed. The Makamou always seemed to appear out of nowhere. One day the Makamou turned their attention to the Oni and they were wiped out but before they were the Makamou were put under a spell so their numbers would drop drastically. The Spirits of the Oni eventually became the Oni Weapons, some people were able to contact the Spirit within the weapon and enhance their power greatly.

Every Weapon ressembled an instrument (Taiko drum is just the Drum sticks, same for other drums) and with these weapons Humanity was able to look after itself for 30'000, now the Makamou seem to be returning to their normal numbers, what will happen? Will the Makamou eat their fill of Humans or will they finally be banished?
    Other Info: PG-13, Doesn't follow a story however there are events that are set to happen no matter what.

I'll give it a bit before I make the actual RP

This sounds interesting... I'd want to join. I already have an idea for a musical weapon!

It remindes me of Those Musician kung Fu people from Kung fu Hustle (I love that movie)
    (most Awsome fight scene ever!!)
    Is that what you were thinking of?
    I sooo want to play this!!
    Last edited by Naristar; 07-22-2011 at 08:13 AM.

In a way yes, a harp (a very small harp) would shoot bolts of energy like a bow and arrow while a Guitar would be like an axe, taiko drum sticks would be like two maces. singers would have a sword or knife microphone.

a harp that size (the on in the vid) would be like a giant crossbow.

the Oni Orchestra has begun