Login to your account

Thread: A Somewhat Belated Hello...

A Somewhat Belated Hello...

I joined a couple weeks ago, but needless to say I haven't really had much time until now to do anything on here. My wonderful friend and roleplay partner known as Nyan Cat on here referred this place to me a bit ago (probably encouraging me to get back into roleplay after.... a longg absence from it ^.^;; ) Sooo here I am.

When it comes to RPing, I have about six years of experience starting with one-liners and paper rps with some other friends and finally trying out places like invisionfree, proboards, gaia, menewsha and expanding my abilities as a writer and a roleplayer. So I have experience in both group, massive and one on one rps and I am known to write within a range of 500-1500 words (depending on the circumstances) per post.

I generally roleplay fantasy, urban fantasies and the like. Though I've tried some modern, a few fanbased roleplays and one with an intense futuristic setting (which happens to be my favorite -nudges Nyan Cat-) and I find that regardless of the genre I've thouroughly enjoyed most of them. I very much prefer original settings as opposed to real-world settings, though I won't turn down a good story for its basis.

I like slow paced story-lines with a working plot and I like having some freedom with my characters and developing them. I play a variety of characters as well, all sexualities, all genders (hermaphrodites and the like included) and I have a tendency to... create characters for the purpose of them being needed by a plotline or where there's not a surplus of them in a specific roleplay. But I can still manage the generic character, particularly with fantasy/medieval type settings.

Apart from roleplaying and writing I love music, drawing, anime/manga, reading, gaming and the like.

Anyway... -glances up- seeing as I've written more than intended I'll leave it at that ^.^;; soo hello fellow roleplays, and good day .

Dude another Canadian!!!!!! Wow! Awesome! *pounces and gives hyper luvin's before backing off* Ahem Um, yeah sorry about that, don't see many other Canadians on places I've rped, got a little excited there.

Anyways, hihi! Better late then never lmao
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Reoccurring NPC
    Hello, Welcome to the site. Glad to have you here, looks like you have plenty of experiences with Roleplays. I hope you will be able to find a little time to join a roleplay or two, and have some fun with us.

Hahaha xD Yeahh I'll agree there. I've only met one or two other Canadians on other sites. ^.^ Needless to say it's good to see there's more of us .

And Thanks Jonath

Welcome!

Well hello there and welcome on! Nyan is a lovely person and an interesting role player, so I am certain you will be as well. When you say role playing on paper do you mean with dice and the such, or like a shared fiction where you pass the paper around and write as various characters. Ha ha that brought back memories, back in middle and high school, my friends and I used to secretly pass around journals and role play in them.

Fantasy whether modern or historical lends for a wide variety of creative circumstances. Although science fiction and science fantasy have their places as well n.n. So you like original settings over real world ones, what about fan based settings? I bring this up only because I read so much that just about any setting I could dream up seems, in part at least, to come from some book setting I remember and love.

I like people that will play as multiple genders and odd genders. I do that my self and it is lots of fun but most people stick to one gender or another. There is a menga fan group on here if you look into groups. I am sure you will find lots of itneresting friends and role plays here. Feel free to poke at me with any questions

Thanks!

Nyan is amazing, a true friend really and one of the best I've roleplayed with thus far. Mind you I have to kick her in the butt for moving away on me ^.^;; ... anyway. I was refering to shared fiction, which was mostly when I was in Junior high and I had a few throughout high school going as well. I was pretty lucky as just about everyone I hung out with was into it, Nyan being one of them. I still have a few on paper for when we don't have access to internet and the like but yeah it's awesome.

I can work with fan-based settings as well. I've done a couple Harry Potter world based roleplays, but I don't play premade characters. I've done others as well, so I'm not adverse to it. I do enjoy them. And you are right about that, much of my own worlds are reinterpreted from books and ideas from movies and such, but I do prefer control over the world I'm working with and the environment, but again it's still fun playing in an environment where you don't have control and have to mold a character around that.

Same, I am not a fan of limitations in that aspect. I find it so much more fun when you play different types of characters and different genders. I used to play mainly male for the fact that it was more requested, but eventually I found people like Nyan who allowed me to experiment and run amuck with other types of characters.

Thanks, I will look into the groups they have, I'm still just learning the site itself (and I'm quite pleased with it too).

Hello, hello and welcome! I'm glad Nyan Cat was able to talk you into joining! It looks like you have a big pile of posts made already, so you're probably settling in with us just fine. :3 But if you do have any questions, just let me know! I'm still on vacation, so it'll probably be a bit longer than usual for me to get back to you, but I shouldn't disappear for huge long periods like I have been leading up to the convention I've just gone to. xD;

In any case, sorry for not greeting you properly and in a good amount of time and welcome (belatedly) to WTF RPG. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Oh geez, thank you very much! And of course, mind you this site is pretty good with its guides, so it's fairly easy for me to go about without too many questions that can't be answered by them. xD Anyway, I hope you're having a wonderful vacation~

Yay! I'm glad the guides have been useful. xD I have a problem sometimes balancing "too much information" with "not enough information", so I generally err on the side of 'too much' which can sometimes be overwhelming. xD;

I'm having a pretty awesome vacation so far, marred only a bit by the usual con plague that one would expect to have (especially since it's winter in Australia and I was wearing cosplay costumes that were not exactly winter weight). xD; Thank you. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

To be honest, I've only had to use them once or twice. This place is pretty easy to navigate around xD but information wise, it is rather helpful, so I suppose it's in between too much and not enough. In my opinion anyway~

lol Australia! Wicked! I imagine it can't be that cold even in winter... mind you, coming from the north with nine month winters with stupid cold temps xD it may be a matter of... what you're used to for weather xD. But cosplay, that's awesome! What as? If you don't mind me asking.

xD Yeah, most features should be fairly self-explanatory. But others call for a bit more assistance (or at least a bit more information so that you know exactly what all it can do that's less obvious). :3 I'm glad you find it easy enough to poke around normally, though. :3 It's reassuring. xD

It's not too cold here, though they're complaining a bit that it is. xD In Fahrenheit, it seems to be between 30 and 60 degrees, though I can't say it hasn't got lower or higher since I haven't really been watching the weather properly. xD I just know that my winters in Alabama are generally colder and the only time I really feel the cold is when getting out of the shower or prepping for bed. :3

I cosplayed as Mai from King of Fighters and Morrigan from Darkstalkers. xD They were both super fun to cosplay, though I wish the girl who was meant to be cosplaying as Lilith from Darkstalkers hadn't been sick that day so I wouldn't have felt quite so alone in it, haha. xD She was wearing Juri from Street Fighter the day before, though, so that's probably why she got sick, seeing as she is used to a more tropical temperature and so was feeling the cold even more than I was. xD;

Whenever I'm back home, I'll start collecting photos taken of us off of Facebook and share with those interested. :3

Ramble ramble!
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Yeahh, I think managing keys for featured roleplays was the only thing I really had to look up. xD Apart from that it's just a matter of learning to navigate.

lol -takes out converter- xD Ohhhh wow, if winters were that warm here I'd be in heaven. Winters are usually in the double negatives where I am (about -22/-31 in Fahrenheit). I suppose it still would be cold though xD

Sad to say, I don't believe I know either of those. And that sucks that the other girls got sick D; I'd be happy to see the images regardless Cosplay, while I don't do it myself, is always interesting to see xD

Haha - I couldn't remember if Canada ran on C or F so I erred on the side that I felt I could give the "most accurate" range on. xD But yeah. xD Before I came down, when they were saying how cold it was, I was watching them on webcam wearing teeshirts under hoodies and going, "It's obviously not that bad..." and then checked the weather in F to make sure I wasn't completely crazy. So I packed for that sort of weather. It's got colder than I really planned for, but a bit of layering and borrowing warmer things from time to time helps. :3 (Winter at home is still much colder. And we're obviously muuuuch further south than you are up in Canada. xD)

It was my first time "properly" cosplaying, so I enjoyed myself a lot. xD Before that, I just dressed up steampunk or wa-lolita. I've had photos taken of me before at conventions, but this time it was nearly like being a celeb. lol. Anyhoo. xD A quick Google images search would get you pictures of either of the girls. xD And I'll make a thread once I've downloaded and re-uploaded some photos off of Facebook. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

lol s'all good, I'm used to having to convert xD. We use Fahrenheit on our appliances for whatever reason x-x;; But lol, layers are life up here. We have a saying, 'don't like the weather, wait five minutes', considering that the weather fluctuates at a stupid rate. ^.^;; Soo I always pack around a sweater... But lol xD I suppose it wasn't too bad then. A trip to Australia, I imagine, would be worth it no matter what the weather's like.

I've never cosplayed at all, as anything xD, but that's awesome. lol I looked them up prior, and man, those clothes would be breezy!
    Last edited by Lumine; 07-29-2011 at 01:42 AM.

Haha. xD Yeah. I am allergic to something that blooms during the summer here, so I was glad to see how I did during the winter. xD I was tired of the heat where I lived and seem to be missing a killer heat wave, so it's all good. :3

They were a bit breezy, yeah. xD I wore two pairs of tights and a corset over the leotard for Morrigan, so it wasn't too bad. And for Mai, I wore a pair of opaque tights and a corset under the outfit, so that wasn't so chilly either, provided I stayed out of drafts. xD Both were a bit more modest than "on model" so I wouldn't be terribly uncomfortable. xD;
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Morrigan? From Dragon Age Origins?
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Noo, frommm Darkstalkers xD

OK, sorry. :S
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"