As the name flew out his lips, the whole crowd, including Selene, froze in horror and disbelief. "Seriously? That half breed? How could this have happened? What is Lord Alexander thinking?! There are plenty of more worthy candidates... Why that insect?" Murmurs as well as silent thoughts waved through the parting crowd and Selene's fingers tightened around the stem of her champagne glass. Just this once, she could not argue or dispute the collective thoughts of the coven. Nevertheless there he was, coming down from the platform and towards her through the parting crowd. If this was a joke, it was indeed a very cruel one, she thought and her lower lip trembled just for a split second, before she set her eyes on the approaching man. Her body as tense and straight as a bowstring.

"This is absurd!" someone in the crowd burst. "Please give us an explanation, My Lord," another voice rang out and murmurs of agreement washed through.

'My my... The young Lord will have a lot of trouble from now onwards,' Michael, Alexander's personal servant thought to himself. Michael was tall and dark and always followed his master as a shadow. However, just like a shadow, he couldn't do anything that was against his lord's wishes.

Once Alexander was close enough, Selene finally broke out of her paralysis and fell into a deep bow with her head low. 'This must be a mistake...'