Login to your account

Thread: Handcrafts Rock!

Handcrafts Rock!

Anyone here craft? Me, I knit, crochet, and am just getting into binding simple books and embroidery. :3 I'm very interested in learning how to creatively upcycle things that would normally be thrown into the recycle or trash bin.

I wish I had the patience for book binding, I only do mini-books and small books with glued on spines, not sewn. I'm not very good at them yet, haven't made the press to hold the pages properly. XD
    I sew a little (for my dolls, mostly, try to make simple clothes), and used to do simple jewelry once upon a time, but not for a while now, unless, again, it's for my dolls. XD

(ooc)

Oh cool. What kinds of dolls do you have? For some weird reason, I was never into dolls as a child... but now that I'm older, I want to dress them up and make them accessories and have a dollhouse and everything. XD

Back in the day I used to make corn husk dolls, greeting cards, and those beady buddies. I was a pro at making the beady buddies! I made wolves all the time. And geckos. There were a lot geckos...

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Stuffed animals but that was school and a long time ago. I'm not even sure why I reply to this thread. O.o
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

I am currently making a baby blanket for my little guy. I crochet because I can't knit my way out of a wet paper sack. I have also been making slippers and socks lately. I have been on a real kick because it is fun and fast to make slippers.

Aside from crochet, I also sew, bead and paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    Back in the day I used to make corn husk dolls, greeting cards, and those beady buddies. I was a pro at making the beady buddies! I made wolves all the time. And geckos. There were a lot geckos...

Oh, I remember those beady buddies! I made those too, they were so much fun. XD I remember making a bumble bee and little bead people. I want to do that again, now...