Login to your account

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacrifice

Neither Sinner nor Saint SedatedDemon's Avatar
    Father Henry did his usual boring speech about salvation or whatever, and then a girl said,"I might have cancer. Which would suck because I don't want to be bald." I rose an eyebrow and laughed out loud. "Cancer isn't what makes you bald, dumbass, it's the chemo. I should know." Then Father Henry told me I was bullying and then he started saying all of this stupid shot about cancer that wasnt even true. I stood up and the Father told me to sit and I said,"Are you insinuating that I should tolerate this diabolical insubordination from an individual whose mental capacity barely exceeds that of a Lima bean?" I walked out, throwing a wink at Brandy as I walked by and making a motion with my hand saying that she could join me if she wished.

My mother gave me a look and squeezed my knees with a death grip, he fingertips digging deep into my knee. I winced and turned my head away, closing my eyes. I had bruises around me from her pinching at me...

I smoked outside for a few minutes, then I looked over at the building. I grabbed my phone and texted Brandy. I assume that's Satan with you? I'll save you. I will swoop down from heaven and be your guardian angel. Just run to my car. You're going to have the best day of your life. I got in my car and I pulled up to the front, then I got out and went inside the building. I pulled down the fire alarm, and then I ran out as the water spurted from the ceiling things and the annoying alarm set out. I got back in my car and waited, laughing as people began to run out in a panic.

My mother was concerned with saving her devices from her precious purse and I ran outside, laughing as I climbed into her car. Did she really do that? I am really doing this? I grinned,"Hurry!!"

I laughed and floored it, my tires screeching as I sped off. "Don't look back." I told her. "It's more fun when you keep looking forward." After we were a safe distance away from the youth center, I slowed down to the speed limit. I let out a relieved sigh and smiled at her.

"I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm going to be in so much trouble!" I laughed softly, sitting back. I was slightly damp with moisture, feeling it run down my cheek.

I giggled. "But the adrenaline is exciting!!!" I replied with a grin. I drove a little bit past city limits until I made it to the beach. I grinned at her and said,"Let the fun day begin." I got out and grabbed a towel, walking out to the beach and putting the towel down, sitting on it.

I sat down beside her, watching the water. I knew I was in a deep hole... But it was okay. I glanced at Constance, so brave and strong, not letting anything hold her back... Just... Wow.

I pulled out a cigarette and lit, taking a long drag and blowing the smoke out before I looked at her. "When I was in the hospital, I got in contact with the Make A Wish foundation.. I was 9. And I really wanted to go to England. So that's what I used my wish on. And I went to the beach over there and fell in love. When I was 10 I was pretty much dead. Not allowed to go home. I really wanted to go to the beach but I wasn't allowed to because it was too dangerous. So after my operation, when I was cured, the first place I went was the beach. Now I go here all the time."

I grinned,"That's beautiful... I wish I had something like that,"I said as I watched the horizon, listened to the waves. It was all so lovely... I sighed, wondering what would happen to me when I got home...

I shrugged. "Maybe you will someday." I replied, finishing my cigarette. I looked over at her and saw the bruises on her arm. I gently took her arm and frowned at them. "Satan?" I asked.

"And myself... Depends on the day,"I said with a sigh, staring a the fingerprints and the fist size purple marks. They stopped hurting awhile ago... Now thy only stood as a reminder of the punishment I was given for being who God made me. I liked girls and boys... Was that really so wrong?

"Hey." I whispered, waiting until she locked eyes with me before I smiled gently. "It's gonna be okay." I whispered. We were so close. If I were to lean in a little, our lips would brush. But I barely know this girl. I sighed and pulled back, standing up and offering my hand to her. "Come on. I'll take you to my house."

I took her hand, my stomach all fluttering and skin covered in goose pimples. I squeezed her hand before grabbing the towel for her and nodding,"I'd like that..."

I smiled and led her to the car, getting in and starting it. I drove to my house, and I took her hand as we walked inside. "My dad's at work. But you'll like my mom." Then my mom appeared with an apron on and flour on her face. She grinned and hugged me. And then she shook Brandy's hand. After the introductions she said,"Well Brandy, you're welcome to stay for dinner. We're having salad and chicken. It's all organic so it'll be good!"

"Thank you, ma'am..." I was surprised... She was so... Perfect. I glanced at Constance, just in awe.. I wanted to stay, but I knew my mother would find a way to get the FBI on the phone before sunset... I guess federal prison couldn't be that bad, heh, right?

"Come on." I told her, giving her hand a squeeze before I led her up to my room. I led her out the patio, then I climbed up the vine and got on the roof. I looked down at her. "Think you can climb up?" I asked.

I nodded and followed her, looking out over the city below. She had the most gorgeous eye for special places, and she herself was quite the view. I gazed out over the horizon before gazingly intently at her. So hard and badass, and yet sweet and tender. I wrapped my arms around myself, getting a slight chill.

I looked over at her and smiled gently. "Cold?" I took off the little jacket I grabbed in my room and handed it to her. It smelled like vanilla, my scent. I always smell like vanilla. "You can keep it." I told her.

"Thank you,"I said with a soft smile, pulling it around me and slipping my arms through the sleeves. It smelt of happiness... I glanced at her, softly,"Why are you so nice to me?"

I looked into her soft eyes and smiled. "Because life's too short to be negative. And, I like you." I replied sweetly, laying back on the roof and looking up at the clouds.

I stayed sitting, my knees pulled up to my chest. The sky was a sweet mix of oranges and violets, simply beautiful... After a moment I glanced at Constance,"I have to go home..."

I looked over at her and sighed softly. I don't want her to go... I sat up and got down from the roof. "I'll drive you."
    I told her. We got in the car and I drove by her instruction to her house. I parked in front of her house and looked at her. "If things get too bad, call me and I'll come get you. Okay?"

I nodded gently and slid out of the car. My mother had the door open before I made it up the drive way. She stomped at me and grabbed me by the hair, dragging me inside. She screamed and yelled and when I tried to explain I got swift slap to the face. "You are a child of Satan! You deserve hell!" I tried to run but her nasty claw caught my shoulder and I watched as a cross came for my face and left a sweet red imprint across my cheek. I somehow ended up in my room and I shook in fear.

I went home and I worried about Brandy for hours. I hope she's okay. After dinner and a shower, I laid in bed and texted her. Are you okay?

I laid where I was, tossed onto my bedroom floor. If I didn't move, it didn't ache as bad. Thought the pain pulsed with every heartbeat of my being. My bag lay astrew beside me and I watched as I phone lit up. I stared at the text for what felt like hours and finally typed a reply. No... My life is done. I have nothing anymore.

I sat up quickly when I read the text. Then I typed as fast as I could,No, don't say that!! What happened? Do you want me to kidnap you? Because I will!

She beat me, like I knew she would... I think there was something broke over my shoulder... I don't know. It's so quiet... I looked around, just with my eyes, confused. Was I really here? I forced myself to sit up, wincing in agony as I dragged myself to sit up against my bed.

That's it. I'm coming to get you then I'm gonna take you to the hospital. Be there in 5. I got up and put on my jacket, then I told my mom I'll be back soon. I grabbed my keys and sped to Brandy's to get there faster. Good thing there weren't any cops around. I parked across the street, then I snuck to the house, staying out of view of the windows. I peeked through one of the windows and saw it was her room. I knocked lightly on the glass, then I grabbed a bobby pin and picked the lock.

I stared at her, gasping at the cold air as the window opened. She was like an angel, glowing and beautiful. I sighed and shook my head slowly,"You can't take me to the hospital..."