Login to your account

Thread: I tried to think of something original...

I tried to think of something original...

but this was all I could come up with. Oh well!

Hello everyone! I'm HappyStarr, or whatever variation you'd like to use. I'm almost 21 and I'm probably going to be stuck in college for forever. Not due to grades, I just can't stop irrelevant courses.

I'm a martial artist, a traditional artist, and a language enthusiast. I only speak English fluently, but I'm working on...well, multiple languages. I took 5 years of German, but still need to refresh myself on what I learned in high school. Anything else is self taught because I don't have enough available credits to go take years of different language classes. I'm currently a 1st degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, on hiatus because I left for school and since I've switched back home they've made so many changes I'm afraid to go back. D: I also have a high amount of interest in learning Capoeira.

...I think I'm rambling at this point. Yikes!

I've been participating in roleplays on and off for, well, somewhere around 9-10 years I think. Basically ever since I was allowed to use the computer for personal use--the age for that seems to be dropping rapidly, though! Little kids have their own facebooks now!

Currently, I'm just into casual roleplay of multiple genres. It helps release some tension, and gets my creative juices flowing. I'm pretty chill about what's going on with the games and I try to just work around any obstacles without being rude. But if you request help in a certain area such as spelling or grammar, I'd be more than happy to help to the best of my abilities. What I do not do is that Adult NSFW to the romantic degree kind of stuff. Actually, I don't write any romance-y stuff right now. I'm working on it, but it's something I've personally never felt inclined to be involved in, real life or fiction. Just a bit of an fyi there I guess.

Andd I guess that wraps this up. I'm looking forward to participating on this site! I finally joined because I was just downright curious about all of these nifty features. :3

Reoccurring NPC
    Welcome to the site, looks like you have plenty of really cool interests to keep you busy.

There are plenty of different options for roleplaying on the site. There is a section for more traditional forum roleplays within the forum as well as plenty of beginner full featured roleplayes which may be more to your liking since they are less likely to be real strict or anything. One of the most causal of the full featured roleplays on the site is the WTF Mutliverse which is one of the site run roleplays on the site and is very free form. For the most part the adult forum stuff should be staying within that section of the forum, so as long as you don't even bother joining the permission group for it then you wont even have to worry about seeing any of it.

Well anyway, I am sure that you will be able to find something you like here, and I hope to be able to meet you out there in the roleplays. If there are any questions about anything most people here are real nice about helping out others who are new to the site, and our host is usually pretty active as well so you can usually get a more official answer in short order. (though they are on vacation at the moment, so maybe not as active as normal)

Welcome! I hope you'll find something that suits you and has fun!

Thank you for the welcomes! I think I'm going to try to see what's in the Adult section anyway, just so I get an idea of what actually goes in there and figure out the boundary, because I know I do sometimes gravitate toward some darker themes, just not THAT theme. Actually, the adult stuff is more likely to show in my art than anything else. I kind of started getting used to artistic nudity while I was away at art school. haha

I thin, thus far at least, that the adult full featured RPs have tended toward concepts of death, politics, and the like. There are one or two one on one RPs that go more into romance theme, but even those have a decent level of depth from what I have seen. Any how, welcome aboard and I hope you find what interests you here!

Thanks! That sounds rather comforting about the Adult sections. I always worry they're going to be something flat out raunchy. That bit is really just a head's up. I just don't engage in that stuff, and while I'm usually pretty good at setting myself up where I don't have to deal with it, I just feel it makes it easier on everyone if it's out there.

I may actually (when I return from my trip) make it so that there are three ratings:
    General, Teen and Adult.

General is for all ages, Teen is for "deeper concepts" which would include non-excessive violence and darker themes without there being graphic descriptions of them, and Adult that covers all the raunchy stuff and graphically described darker themes in general.

I'll probably make a thread about that, actually, to get feedback from the users about whether that would be welcome...

Anyhoo! xD Your rambling was very interesting. I know a bit of aikido, but it's been a dog's age since I've practiced since aikido isn't exactly one of the top three popular martial arts and I live in a rural area at the moment on top of it. xD

Hopefully you'll look around here and see all the neato keen things we can do here and/or get intrigued with one or more roleplaying games, settle in, and have a blast. :3 People keep creating all these interesting games, and it's a bit crazy to me, to be honest, since so many of them sound like something I'd enjoy playing. D: I just don't have the time. >_<;!

I'll be headed out on a trip starting tomorrow (about 20 hours or so from this post I ought to be at the airport D: ) so I may not be around to answer any of your questions for a few days. However! The users are really friendly and helpful and if they don't already know, they'll do their best to help you figure out the answer. :3

Welcome!
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

That sounds like a cool idea. And aikido! Nice! There was a place by my last school for that, but even I had stuck around long enough I would never have the time to take lessons. It definitely can be rough to find anything outside of Karate, TKD and Kung Fu. Trying to find a location close to my home for Capoeira is hard. Most of them are either directly in DC or across the city from me. D:

Oh and have fun on your trip! I don't doubt I'll find plenty of friendly people to help out. I read through the guides, too, and the Journal idea sounds amazing. I really can't wait to actually get involved with the roleplays.

Yes. xD Here it's judo or karate (well, TKD perhaps. hm), and neither are very common. xD They look kind of like creepy little "fast food" dojos and/or are closed.

Kung Fu would be super awesome, though. >_> Capoeira I've seen online and in a few fighting games and it's such a beautiful martial art. :3 I hope you're able to find a convenient place.

The trip will be great. xD Lots of arting, watching their table-top roleplaying games, sewing costumes for the convention, being at the convention, a museum trip, and a few meet-ups (comic and ball-jointed doll). xD Anyway - yes, thank you. :3

xD The journals can be fun. I haven't really done it here yet, but I used to have a half-dozen Livejournal accounts for it and I loved being able to write about subplots that would never have happened in-game for various reasons. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Who needs a good title when you have such a great introduction post, huh? You sound like a very well rounded gal! I love languages as well, not very fluent in any of them but I love to learn. French and Japanese are my favorites~! Hah, and don't be afraid to ramble around here... we all do for the most part. And it sometimes, isn't even relevant, but fun to read!

I hope you enjoy everything this site has to offer and if you have any questions or need assistance or possibly would just like to chat, I'm here often.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.