Login to your account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phantom Corruption

"Not a hell hole. We're in limbo, we're going TOWARDS hell." The voice clarified before a phantom limb popped out beside her, pointing her in the right direction. "Just follow my arm. Follow it!" With that, the red arm began heading in the right direction, the voice humming a chilling song along the way through the darkness.
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    "Hell hole, limbo, same shit." she muttered with a hint of annoyance as she watched the limp pop out. She ran alongside the limb through the confusing darkness. She ran in what seemed like a straight line for almost an hour. Or at least, that's what her body felt. The seemingly endless darkness felt like a maze in her mind, ironically a straight line, as she ran through. A turn or two occurring in the path, but she kept going. As she slowed to catch her breath, she let out a sigh before speaking.
    "Where exactly am I going again, and how long is it going to take?" she asked, a hint of a whine in her voice.
    Hey, we weren't fated to meet by chance
    I probably happened to be
    the last place you took refuge in

~Last Cross by Masami Mitsuoka (5th OP of KHR)

The arm pointed to the ground a few meters to her left. "We're here, actually." What was before her was a large gate of chains and bone, a single sphere in its center where the lock would be, the shape of an eye carved into it. "Looking for the key? It's blood Anny, it's always blood." Almost simultaneously, a large group of demons rose from the ground, their hands viciously clawing at the air as they pulled themselves up.

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    She came to an abrupt halt as the hand began to point downwards. What appeared below her was not expected. A gate made of chains and bone with a spherical eye in the middle where the key should be inserted was what laid before her. As he explained what to open it with, a huge group of demons appeared from the ground. While they slashed at the air above them, she cracked her knuckles and unstiffened her neck before looking at the first one in front of her.
    "Blood, huh? Who's exactly? Mine. . . Or theirs?" she said in a slight growl as she began her assault. She lunged herself at the first one, ripping off its arm.

"Don't matter, blood's blood." He let out with a chuckle as she tore the arm off. His own arm, dangling through the air slowly vanished. He wasn't anywhere near the peek of his shape and making himself partially visible was difficult enough. Helping out in a fight directly was even further out of the question. As she had one arm busy, another demon tried to jump her from behind. Meanwhile, a pair began shuffling in her direction and a fourth lunged at her with claws extended from the left. This would be a little more intense than the practice she'd gotten prior to the event. "Make sure they die atop the door, don't wanna waste it!"

"Easier said than done." she muttered in exasperation as she kicked the arm of the attacker from behind, crippling it. She ripped the arm off from that one and threw the bleeding limp onto the gate. She then did the same for the arm she tore off earlier. The demons that came from her sides were closing in quick. One managed to jab her side, but she elbowed it in the face and turned to the other one. She dug her hand into its chest. She pulled out the heart and threw it on the gate. She did a quick summersault in the air and landed sharply onto the face of one demon, caving the face in.

"Well you're almost there, so I'd say it's pretty damned easy." The voice let out as the gate began to shine red. "I'd say two or three more pints would do the job." He uttered as her side healed almost instantly from the bruise of the earlier jab. It is then that one of those tailed demons from earlier made a surprise guest appearance. "It's beautiful... kill it!"

"Hm, I think that guy wants to make my job much easier." she said with a slightly crooked grin. She did the same as she did the last time and pulled the tail with a bit more ease. As the tail came off, she quickly wrapped it around the beast seeing that it was much longer than the last one. She tugged on the knot she created, which tightened around the beast causing it to struggled.
    "Oh no you don't." she said as she yanked on the tail, causing the beast to fall. She pulled harder and harder until she could hear the crackling of the spine. Managing to get it paralyzed, she moved the top of the head to where the center of the gate was. She punched at the top until she managed to crack it then delivered the final blow which caused the bone to fall in and the blood to ooze out.
    "Is this enough?" she let out as the blood filled the gate.

"About right." The voice responded as the eye shone brightly, closing itself before the floor began to slowly cave in, transforming into a staircase. "We're descending... into hell..." The voice uttered on a creepy tone as they began to walk down the flight. "Whoah, scared myself."

As she descended the stairs to hell, she closed her eyes to imagine. She assumed a place where lava surround both of your sides and fire shot out from every corner would be hell. The typical imagination of the human mind. What she imagined was a dark, cold place where souls surrounded you. Each of them grabbing onto you with the attempt to kill.

What hell turned out to be was a bit different from what Annabelle had imagined as it revealed itself to be a place of crimson stone which slowly bled the blood of tortured souls, aching and screaming in echoes that enveloped the place before being drowned out by the demonic laughter of their torturers. Flames, lava and steam emanated from certain areas, but not in quantities that made the place impossible to navigate. However, it was hot down here. A lot hotter than in limbo. "I bet if you cut yourself and bled on the floor we wouldn't even be able to tell." The voice let out, remarking the crimson shade of the EVERYTHING.

"I think this looks much nicer than I imagined. . ." she muttered to herself. She continued to walk down a little further when se start to notice how hot it was. Due to the intense heat, she stripped off her jacket, tying it to her waist, and undid the buttons to her shirt. Underneath was a tanktop, so unfortunately, no one got a show. She rolled what little sleeves that were on her shirt and tied up her hair.
    "So. . . Where do I go from here?" she asked.

"I dunno, how does down the tunnel screams are coming from sound?" The voice asked as it hinted to their left. Due to the screams echoing through the area, the girl could not have pin-pointed their origin, but the voice had no trouble doing so. "It's probably well guarded and I doubt your family will be anywhere close, but it's a safe bet."

"A safe bet? In hell?" she retorted as she cracked her knuckles and continued left. Once at the mouth of the tunnel, she peeked, and there, the screams were more audible. She staggered back a little due to the increasing pitch and muffled words.
    "What the? What are they saying?" she asked in a pissed manner.

"They're not speaking, the kind of torture people go through here is too twisted to keep an intelligible dialect. They're words, just words. Suffering, Pain, Terror... they make you speak for the sake of speaking. It's a way humans have of making sure they're still alive... except they're not." Then, a large demon holding a spear and clad in full body armor screeched and began running towards her. "Ah shit... he sounded the alarm. Oh well, show him what his spine looks like!" The voice howled, still delecting itself of the earlier blood shed.

"Damn, now they have armor?" she hissed before dodging the oncoming demon. As it ran passed her, she kicked it in the back, denting the armor. It turned around and lunged the spear at her. She slid out and grabbed the spear. Breaking off the tip, she jumped back and over the demon. She kicked his back again, denting the armor once more. Another came from her left and she threw the spearhead at its head, the only exposed part of those demons. It was head shot, so it dropped dead. She returned her attention to the other demon before it jabbed her in the chest with his used to be spear. She vanished from his sight and appeared behind once more, placing her hands in the dent she caused in the armor. She began to rip it, exposing the back. Once exposed, she plunged her hand into its back, pulling out the spine.

"Bravo!" The voice simply let out as the now spineless lump fell to the ground. "There'll be more of them coming. Get the other one's spear." With that advice, the voice seemed to slip out of Annabelle's head and actually come from the outside. Slowly, a body began to make its appearance, it wasn't physical really, perhaps she was the only one who could see the crimson silouette, but it was a start. "With every drop of blood, my freedom draws close..." He muttered. If he could have, he would've simply thought it, but as a spirit he was transparent and so was his mind. "Come, we have murder to do, blood to spill... it's a busy evening."

Annabelle gave a curt nod. As she was about to stroll over to obtain the spear, red silhouette began to materialize beside her. Honestly, she was a bit startled. It just appeared, like from thin air.
    "So every drop of blood you obtain, you get stronger? Does that mean I would also get stronger in the process?" she asked with genuine curiosity as she made her way over to the spear. She picked it up and tried to bend it to check for its stability as she waited for an answer.

"That's... suggestive really." He uttered with a shrug, looking through the bars of various cells. The people in captivity were many, suffering from their very presence here. However, they were not the ones he was looking for, as expected. "If by that you mean that the powers I can give you become stronger, then yes. If you mean you as an individual, no, not really." He tilted his head as he looked through a narrow passage, there were two prongs to the path. The left one seemed like it'd be a calmer ride, but it also appeared to be the wrong way to go, so he ended up heading right. "The distinction isn't really important now, but do keep it in mind once you take me off." He continued, reminding her that in the end he was a ring on her finger, not an actual entity... not anymore, at any rate. Once they'd reach the end of the passage, they'd be coming across a small doll which looked at them as though alive.

"Okay you raggedy little fucker, show me what you've got!" He uttered with a grin. Quickly, the doll began to assemble bits and pieces of the decor, constructing a stone-like body with no visible opening from the shards of hell itself. The beast easily towered over the two of them and Aelfric couldn't help but chuckle. "Oh look what you've done now..." He let out, turning towards Annabelle. "Me and your big mouth." Suddenly, the silouette vanished as the ring concentrated its powers on making its bearer stronger. "Hurt it!" He yelled as she felt the surge of blood lust enter her alongside the powers.

"Hey! What did you-" Interrupting herself as the energy and bloodlust began to surge in her body. She looked up at the beast to see how tall it was. Made of stone, it towered over head.
    'How am I supposed to get blood out of this?' she thought to herself, the question was directed towards the entity in her. It swung its arm down, but she was quick to dodge. Then, she jumped on top of the hand and ran up the arm to its shoulder. She thought that using the spear to chip away at the stone was a good idea. That's if she had all the time in the world. The other hand was about to swat her off, when she jumped on to it and dashed to the base of the neck. She started to jab her heel into its neck in an attempt to remove its head, but it swatted her off, and she flew straight into the wall.

"You don't get it, do you? Hell's made of blood! It's just solidified." The voice explained as she was swatted off into the wall. Once she impacted with it, the wall itself seeped into her wounds and healed her. "I can't do this kind of trick often, but it's pretty neat, am I right?" As the voice spoke, the girl began dropping down from the wall and the giant tried to kick her back into it. "Go for the articulations! Sweet, mushy articulations." It recommended during their fall. A faint crimson aura began to form around the girl at that exact moment and she could feel the influence of rage further take over.

As she felt the rage with in her, she managed to change her course in midair. She dodged the foot and landed on its leg. At the instant where its leg was completely straightened out, she jabbed her elbow into its knee. It howled in pain as it tried to bend its legs.
    "Not just yet. . ." she mumbled before concentrating the crimson aura around her arm. With a swift slicing motion, she managed to cut off the leg from the knee down.
    "Is this what you mean?" she retorted.

"Yup! Atta girl! Now try the other one. If you can get it on its knees reaching the torso where the doll is will be easier!" With those recommendations, the now dismembered leg began to melt and enter the ring. Hell was one big piece of solidified blood, but once the blood was no longer a part of hell or its creatures, it was up for the taking.

"The other one. . ." she said in a half groan. She gathered the aura around her hand once more and jumped from the left leg to the right leg. In the air, she was being blocked by its arms. She used the arm to jab through the hands. To gain the momentum she lost previously, she forced a twirl and managed to slice through the right knee. It was literally on its knees, cause that's all it had left to stand on.

The beast, as it fell to its knees, dropped its hands to keep leverage, which gave Annabelle a perfect position underneath its thorax. "It's insides... should be... on the outside!" The voice uttered as it invited the girl to burst through the thing's rib cage. "Break the damned doll!"

"This is going to be a first." she let out as she looked at the demon's abdomen from the ground. She took a deep breath, crossed her arms over her head and jumped up. The power she jumped with caused her to break through the stone layer and the rib cage. The guts were spilling out like she wanted, but the doll seemed to remain in place. She jumped and managed to grab the doll's leg. As she fell to the ground with doll in hand, she put out both hands, held the doll out, and landed on the ground with the doll.
    "How's that?" she asked, the doll's shattered piece scattered in front of her.

As it was falling, the doll let out a mechanical; "Mama!" The sound echoing in a fizzle when the toy was broken. "I ain't your moma asshole!" The voice responded, satisfied. "That was good, really good. I can almost move on my own now..." The voice let out in excitement, forgetting to filther some of its thoughts. "Alright... onward!"

"Roger." she let out along with the slight roll of her eyes. Before leaving, she kicked the doll of the head.
    "For some reason, I feel like this might be needed. . ." she thought aloud. She reached down and picked it up, sliding it into the pocket of her jacket. She then turned back to the road, running it down until she reached another prong. The one on the right, you could see it from where she stands, leads to a bridge. The other one seemed more jagged and just flat out hazardous.
    "So. . . Which way?" she asked the demon in her mind.

"The one that looks like it'll be the most dangerous. Demons like making humans doubt themselves like that." It let out simply, almost yawning as it did. Once they headed in the direction, the passage would close behind them. "Also, they like making you think you're fucked..." With that out of the way, a giant fell down onto the path with chainsaws for hands, roaring inhumanly as it began rushing towards them. "...oh and good times; we are!"

She slid underneath the giant and got back up, ready to dodge.
    "Son of a fuck! He has chainsaws!?" she screamed in panic as she slid to the side as it turned around to swing its arm at her. She jumped up when it tried to swing at her legs, barely missing. Then, she ran underneath him once again to climb on its back.
    "Let's see if this thing is smart or stupid. . ." she thought aloud as she used the spear to jab its back.