Login to your account

Thread: The Waiting In Line Action Scene Game

The Waiting In Line Action Scene Game

What the heck is this?
    Sometimes, you in find yourself bored, waiting in line somewhere, hanging out as you wait for a friend or just listening to your iPod while walking down the street... Anyway, whatever you're doing, you're somewhere, there's people and you're bored. That's the premise. You might be doing this all the time, it might be a one in a lifetime occurrence, but at some point you found yourself in this situation and the thought suddenly came to you; "If a fight started right now, how would I react?" It is based on those random moments of boredom and utter randomness that this game came to be.

How do we play?
    -A player (I'm starting this thread, so in this case, me) suggests a situation. It can be very specific or very generic, but must be a situation where people are around, the protagonist (the next player in line) is bored and the question seen in the premise above could occur.
    -Another player picks a scenario (there will only be my own at first but other players may freely post their own) and writes down a fight scene based on what would happen if a fight broke out at that exact moment. Use your imagination, have fun, that's the only real goal of the game.
    -That player can then suggest another scenario, comment on previous imaginary fights, wait until another scenario strikes their fancy, make another scene based on the same scenario... or just leave, it's your call really.
    -The cycle begins anew from step 2.

Rules and regulations
    -Do not use superpowers, you can have mad martial artist skills like bruce lee or the entire cast of kill bill combined, but superpowers would just make this too easy.
    -Separate the different sections with bolded headers. (ex: Fight based on Alex's scenario, Comment on Alex's fight, Suggested Scenario, Challenging Alex to beat that, etc.) This will help make your post clearer.
    -There is no such thing as a "bad" imaginary fight. This is meant for us to improve as role-players.
    -Post like you would be doing in an RP, use first or third person, italicize thoughts, "put talk here", etc.
    -PM me questions rather than posting them here. If it's not a part of the game, it doesn't belong in this thread.
    -Favor constructive criticism over bashing your fellow players.
    -Follow WTFRPG regulations.
    -If it's not described in the scenario, it can be whatever (ex: if the scenario states that a woman is holding a large rectangular box, the contents of the box are entirely your call, whether they are integrated to the fight or not is also your call)
    -All scenarios must end with; if a fight started right now, how would you react?
    -have fun.

Scenario 1: Starbucks.

You're sitting inside a Starbucks, waiting for someone that isn't coming. An elderly asian man is pestering the cashier, a considerable line of impatient customers standing behind him. In the corner, around a table, a group of hipster wannabes show off their most "retro" finds. To the left, an old lady is somehow juggling knitting mittens and drinking coffee. A bespectacled young woman sits at the table in front of you, fiddling with her laptop's key board. One of the baristas is moping away the mess he created when he spilled a tall man's cappuchino, who himself is digging into his manpurse for some object or other. You are two tables away from the door which is blocked by the line at the cash. Whatever you ordered, if you ordered anything, is half empty and lukewarm. If a fight started right now, how would you react?
    Last edited by AlexSilverX; 06-24-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

Scenario 1: Starbucks

As every annoying and disruptive sound began to flood together, a.k.a the tapping of impatient heels on the floor, the incessant protest coming from the elderly man, the snobbish sigh of the man purse guy and the clicking emanating from the nearby keyboard all began to blend together in to one furiously loud buzz.

At that peaking moment, an impatient man - who clearly didn't wake up on the right side of the bed grabbed the old man by his collar, furiously telling him to either take his drink and go or get to the back of the line. Unfortunately, this older gentlemen is highly trained in martial arts, and does NOT feel like taking lip from anyone today!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.