Login to your account

Thread: OOC : TAKING IT DOWN: Applications

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    Thanks much for your interest in TAKING IT DOWN. Here, I will be posting up the applications for the role play, as we have gotten quite a bit of interest in it.

A couple of notes about sending in an application:
    • If you want to create a character for this roleplay, please fill out the form (located below) and PM it to me. Do not make a character until you receive a response saying that your application is accepted.
    • If you are accepted, creation of your character can be made within the week. If you are accepted and if you don't make a character, the position will be made open again.
    • Don't be afraid to ask questions. If you have one, please contact Omlyt.

EXAMPLE:
    Username: Omlyt
    Character You Are Applying For: The SPY
    Availability: 4 to 5 times a week

Link to Character's Picture: LINK
    Writing Sample: Her morning starts off with the loud screech of her alarm clock, and then the slamming of a fist into the snooze button. She allows herself to sleep for only a little while, shoving her head under the soft pillow, before the noise starts up once more. Once out of bed, and alarm clock unplugged, she pulls herself into the bathroom to get ready for the day. The shower turns on and she steps in, forgetting that she is still fully clothed.

Soon, she is out of the shower, dressed once more in clean clothing and ready for the day. Her wet hair is pulled back into a tight pony tail, and her face is clean and clear of blemishes. She leaves the bathroom for the kitchen, pulling bread out of the breadbox and peanut butter off of its shelf. Slathering the peanut butter onto the bread, she hums a tune softly, her off-key voice only filling the air for a moment before the bread is shoved into the mouth. Clean-up is easy, and now she is completely ready for her day.

PHP Code:
    [FONT=Garamond][B]Username:[/B]
    [
    B]Character You Are Applying For:[/BWhich character are you applying for?
    [
    B]Availability:[/BHow often will you be able to post?

[
    B]Link to Character's Picture:[/b] [URL="LINK GOES HERE"]LINK[/URL]
    [B]Writing Sample:[/B] Here, you will write one to two paragraphs describing your character'
    s average morningIt should be done in third person.[/FONT
    Last edited by Omlyt; 07-02-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    FONT=Garamond]Username: vickiazn
    Character You Are Applying For: Rebel's strategist
    Availability: roughly 7-14 times a week

Link to Character's Picture: Photo 1 Photo 2
    Writing Sample: Tiashe slowly got up to his set alarm on his iPod as he stretched his arms over his head. He let them drop onto his lap as he looked over at his iPod to check the time. Once having done that, he heaved a sigh and lazily slid the covers off his body before getting up and stretching his arms over his chest. He swiped the iPod off the night stand and scrolled through his playlists as he took several strides to get to the bathroom. He closed the door behind him and tapped on a playlist labeled, Slow Morning. He set it beside the sink and swiped his finger on the screen to turn up the volume before he undressed and turned on the warm water for his shower. He stepped into the shower and began to hum to the tune as he started to scrub.
    Once he was done with his shower, he stepped out and rubbed the towel against his hair to get rid of most of the excess water before wrapping the towel around his waist. He grabbed his iPod and swung open the door. He strolled in and set the iPod on his dresser before looking through it. He found a black tight tank top and slipped it on. Then, he found a hoodie with matching sweat pants. He blatantly dropped the towel on the ground before slipping on a pair of underwear and the sweat pants. Then he pulled on the hoodie and pulled up the sleeves before plugging in headphones into his iPod and leaving his room. He peeked into the rooms of the other kids before making his way into the kitchen. He looked into the freezer to find himself a frozen breakfast sandwich. He set it inside the microwave and heated it up. Once the alarm set off as a notification to say its ready, he took it out and unwrapped it as he walked back to his room to write some music.[/FONT]
    Hey, we weren't fated to meet by chance
    I probably happened to be
    the last place you took refuge in

~Last Cross by Masami Mitsuoka (5th OP of KHR)

Username: AlexSilverX
    Character You Are Applying For: The Useless
    Availability: One to seven times bi-daily. (averaging at 3.5 posts a day, depending on others' activity)

Link to Character's Picture: Isaac
    Writing Sample:
    It was at a relatively outlandish time that Isaac woke from what could pass for sleep. Truth be told, it was a nap at best, seeing as he seldom felt the need to rest at all. Casually, he stretched his arms outward and rubbed his left eye before finally stepping out of his bed. One foot in front of the other, he slowly made it down the stairs, where his older sister would have been waiting for him with eggs in bacon if she'd survived like he did. "Oh... right." He let out, his happy go lucky expression left undisturbed.

He mimicked a lasso and pulled at the door, opening the fridge from across the room, then pantomimed a fishing rod to get an egg out of the thing which he dropped softly on the cupboard, closing the door with his hip as he got closer to grab it. He'd pretend to put on a glove with one hand before grabbing the egg and pretending to turn on a lighter under it. After a few minutes, he put the egg on a cutting board and made a few karate chop motions to slice up his now hard-boiled egg. His ability was difficult to control, but oh so convenient once mastered. At least, that's what he thought as he flicked a slice of egg into his mouth, loving every second of the bite. "Yummy!"
    Accepted
    Last edited by Omlyt; 06-24-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Username: vickiazn
    Character You Are Applying For: The Fallen
    Availability: roughly 7-14 times a week

Link to Character's Picture: Photo 1 Photo 2
    Writing Sample: Tiashe slowly got up to his set alarm on his iPod as he stretched his arms over his head. He let them drop onto his lap as he looked over at his iPod to check the time. Once having done that, he heaved a sigh and lazily slid the covers off his body before getting up and stretching his arms over his chest. He swiped the iPod off the night stand and scrolled through his playlists as he took several strides to get to the bathroom. He closed the door behind him and tapped on a playlist labeled, Slow Morning. He set it beside the sink and swiped his finger on the screen to turn up the volume before he undressed, revealing a long vertical scar stretching from his chest to his abdomen, and turned on the warm water for his shower. He stepped into the shower and began to hum to the tune as he started to scrub.
    Once he was done with his shower, he stepped out and rubbed the towel against his hair to get rid of most of the excess water before wrapping the towel around his waist. He grabbed his iPod and swung open the door. He strolled in and set the iPod on his dresser before looking through it. He found a black tight tank top and slipped it on. Then, he found a hoodie with matching sweat pants. He blatantly dropped the towel on the ground before slipping on a pair of underwear and the sweat pants. Then he pulled on the hoodie and pulled up the sleeves before plugging in headphones into his iPod and leaving his room. He peeked into the rooms of the other kids before making his way into the kitchen. He looked into the freezer to find himself a frozen breakfast sandwich. He set it inside the microwave and heated it up. Once the alarm set off as a notification to say its ready, he took it out and unwrapped it as he walked back to his room to write some music.
    Accepted
    Last edited by Omlyt; 06-26-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    I don't know if I mentioned this, but Rebel's Strategist is actually supposed to be replaced by the Fallen. I thought I changed it. I guess not. . .

Your application has been corrected. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem. It wasn't an inconvenience. I should've changed it correctly.

[FONT=Garamond][B]Username:[/B] Xavirne
    [
    B]Character You Are Applying For:[/B] The Awakened
    [
    B]Availability:[/B] During the week

[
    B]Link to Character's Picture:[/b] LINK
    Writing Sample: It was turning out just like every morning before then. The cookies were gone. Instantly on the verge of tears, the kid would find himself distracted by yet another reflection that poked through the window and bounced off the mirror that was strategically placed in the kitchen above the nonfunctioning stove. Slipping silently to the ground, Remy would finagle his way from the cupboard to the table. Once in position, he would fling his body against the cool wooden surface and hold his back against the wood until the footsteps faded.

With people constantly looking for him, it wasn't hard to imagine his colorful imagination for hiding places. If he were in the kitchen, he would hide under the table. If he were in his room, it was in the nightstand. If he happened to be in the bathroom, he would crawl through the ventilation system and await their leave. It was the same thing he always did. Hide. And boy oh boy was he good at it. But, when you're still just a child, it only makes sense that this game of cat and mouse would transform from a life threatening event into a game....[/
    FONT]

//Gah, sorry. I didn't mean to add him to the roleplay. I was just looking where the character was located and I wanted to see if the character pool would let me move it to the roleplay. And then it did.... >.<

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

And I managed to screw up the formatting. GO ME!

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Username: Xavirne
    Character You Are Applying For: The Awakened
    Availability: During the week

Link to Character's Picture: LINK
    Writing Sample: It was turning out just like every morning before then. The cookies were gone. Instantly on the verge of tears, the kid would find himself distracted by yet another reflection that poked through the window and bounced off the mirror that was strategically placed in the kitchen above the nonfunctioning stove. Slipping silently to the ground, Remy would finagle his way from the cupboard to the table. Once in position, he would fling his body against the cool wooden surface and hold his back against the wood until the footsteps faded.

With people constantly looking for him, it wasn't hard to imagine his colorful imagination for hiding places. If he were in the kitchen, he would hide under the table. If he were in his room, it was in the nightstand. If he happened to be in the bathroom, he would crawl through the ventilation system and await their leave. It was the same thing he always did. Hide. And boy oh boy was he good at it. But, when you're still just a child, it only makes sense that this game of cat and mouse would transform from a life threatening event into a game....

//Gah, sorry. I didn't mean to add him to the roleplay. I was just looking where the character was located and I wanted to see if the character pool would let me move it to the roleplay. And then it did.... >.<

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Humble Farmer With a Sword Maestra de Musica's Avatar
    Username: Maestra de Musica
    Character You Are Applying For: The Laughingstock
    Availability: Everyday at least once depending on parent's plans
    Picture
    Writing Sample:
    Marci begins her day in style. Walking to the bathroom, feet practically sinking into the lush carpet that adorns the floors of her house. Its a small thing, having only five floors and just eighty rooms. What were her parents thinking? Buying such a commoner’s house. Anyway she selects a crisp toothbrush from the holder and hands it to the maid so she can do her work. While the maid carefully cleans her teeth Marci eyes the mirror and it’s gold frame with distaste, didn’t the know platinum was in? After being dressed she presses the elevator and descends to the kitchen for breakfast. The chef added too much salt in her eggs again. Time for a new chef.

When the tutor arrives and sets up in the tea room they begin the lesson and after a while she has to use the bathroom. No one helps with that task.
    Last edited by Maestra de Musica; 07-07-2013 at 06:52 PM.
    Olé!