Login to your account

Thread: Dragon Ball Z: New Beginning

Dragon Ball Z: New Beginning

So I've been in a DBZ role-play a year or so ago and to tell the truth, I really miss it. If I was listening to myself I would just make it right away rather than wait until some interest is summoned, but my first two RPs were too technical and my last RP is a generic zombie RP. Based on how they're going so far, I see I still have to gauge the people of this website before I can determine if an idea will work or not. I'm not giving up however, I want to try and give this a shot. So I've got a few questions to have answered so as to make the RP as good as it can be. Feel free to give your output on things that are not included within the questions, the more input I have the better the odds of this RP being a success is.

1. First and foremost, do you believe a DBZ RP could work on WTFRPG? Are you, yourself interested by the prospect? Please explain.
    2. How close to the canon should the RP be? How much creative freedom should be allowed? Should the RP be all OC, all CC, or a mix of the two? Why?
    3. What kind of timeline should we use (this is especially important if we go all OC), should the events of the RP happen before, during or after the events of the original series? If in the past or future, how far ahead/back should we go? Why?
    4. How much importance should we give to the Dragon Balls. Despite being titular to the series, they've gradually lost importance as the story moved forward. How central to the plot should they be? How hard to find should they be? What kind of limitations should be applied to them? Why?
    5. (In the case of OCs) should people be allowed to create super strong characters from the get go or should everyone start from scratch and gradually build the strength of their character? Should we have a Power Level system? If so, how should it be handled? Why do you feel this would be best?
    6. On the matter of transformations, should we remain true to canon or should things like Super Saiyan 5 be allowed? How do you feel these should be handled? Should the requirements for transformations be true to the canon, purely PL based or... any other suggestions?
    7. The series (while it was running) had a 8+ to 13+ rating (depending on production and specific episodes). However, most fans of the series by now are adults and as a GM I want to give as little limitations to my RPers as possible. Do you believe the RP would be better suited for General or Adult audiences? If you decide on adult, please state why you believe this is a good idea.

There we go. Those are my questions. I would be happy with any input you can provide. For now, the RP is in its fetal stage, nothing is set in stone safe for the fact that it will be based on the DBZ universe. This means that 95% of the RP (I consider the setting to be at least a good 5%) will be decided based solely on the inputs found in this thread. If a lot of people answer negatively to the first question, it might even not happening at all. But if nobody gives any input, this RP will never pass the fetal stage.

TL;DR:
    Answering these questions will make this RP happen, this idea won't survive without your input.
    Last edited by AlexSilverX; 06-23-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Post formatting
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

1. This video is Ophelia speak for FUCK YES I'M IN! This will be awesome!

2. I think we should be loose on the canon, keep a lot of it, but allow some leniency. Also, I find that OCs are more popular on this website, so OC would be prefered.

3. I think we should go with a 300 years post-goku kind of thing. That way it'd explain why the CCs aren't around and it wouldn't be TOO far ahead, so we wouldn't have to mess too much with the elements of the Story. So Ideally the story would be going on 350 years after Omega Shenron was killed.

4. I think they should be (on a scale of 1 to 10) around 4 in importance. Giving them too much would focus the RP too much on the chore of finding them, but not enough would make them nothing more than a gimmick. They should be difficult to find and found only at random, with the rules which typically apply in the series being applied to them (also, add rules which prevent a wisher from becoming instantaneously OP, because god knows that'd piss people off)

5. I'm thinking somewhere around the lines of Saiyan Saga. People should start with enough power to level a house, but not more than that. We'd build from there. I'm a huge fan of the power level system, personally, which could be moderated in some way. EX: Your starting power level is based on how many words are in your bio (effort = reward) and your PL increase after a fight/training session/whatever would be based again on the word count. The PL of the person you fought should be taken into account somehow as well, but I didn't think that far yet.

6. I transformations should be allowed, but be established in a way that every race's ultimate transformation gives the same boost in power. (ex: SSJ4 would give a 300x power boost and so would 4th form for changelings (frieza's race)) That way, there won't be a gazillion saiyans or something dull like that. It's just boring when there is one master race in my opinion. I also think that they should be based on a power level and post count based requirement (ex: for Goku to become Super Saiyan, he needs to reach a power level of 800 000 and have a total of 100 posts). I find this would work best since it'd promote activity and action in the RP.

7. I don't have strong feelings either way on this matter.

Said no one in the history of everything.

I can never get enough of that sexy song.

Thanks for the input, it'll be taken into consideration
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.