Login to your account

View Poll Results: Would you join this role-play?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely

2 66.67%
  • Yes, with a little tweeking

0 0%
  • Maybe, we'll see when it's a solid project

1 33.33%
  • Probably not, doesn't seem interesting

0 0%
  • Probably not, superhero RPs aren't my thing

0 0%

Thread: Mutation

Mutation

A superhero RP based on the X-men and the related plot.

The story involves two groups of mutants. A group who believes mutants should co-exist with humans, another who believes mutants should enslave/destroy humans. The leaders of both groups are at a stale mate, the powers of one cancelling out the other's and vice versa, so despite the fact that they are amongst the most evolved mutants they are unable to act upon their plans against the other group on their own.

The group which believes we should co-exist with humans has a school, where young mutants learn to be comfortable in their own skin, control and improve upon their powers as well as follow a typical grade-to-high-school curriculum. Those who particularly stand out are then integrated to the action squad which handles potentially dangerous affairs such as open-conflict, recruitment of potential new members and various other types of missions. On the other hand, the group that wishes to destroy or enslave humans takes a more liberal approach, picking up whatever mutant they can find anywhere, aiding themselves with propaganda.

Of course, some mutants are part of neither group, and depending on how things go might jump back and forth between groups. After all, human allegiance is never set in stone, and isn't a mutant just a slightly better human than most?

THE TWISTS

- Powers will evolve as the RP goes, nobody will be almighty from the get go except for the two group leaders.
    - Members will discuss OoCly potential backstories for their characters, have they met before? Are they related? Do they love/hate each other? In order to create a character drama aspect to the RP.
    - Changing alliance will be allowed and encouraged.

What we want to know:

What do you think of the idea?

Would you join this game as it is?

How would you improve upon this RP?

How should battles be handled?

What should the two opposite teams be called?

What should the school be called?

Other suggestions?

Said no one in the history of everything.

I'd love to be a part of this RP, unfortunately I can't think of any good names for stuff :/

The 40-sided dice lands on 19
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

That's good enough

Said no one in the history of everything.