Login to your account

Thread: Greetings and salutations

Greetings and salutations

Greetings and salutations

I figured I would introduce myself here since I didn't seen anywhere else to do it unless I missed it. I will be working on character information soon, though it isn't quite so ease as many times until I work out scenarios with others I don't write my characters ahead. Though I do have a few on a wiki I made for tracking.

http://mykhailas-morsels.wikia.com/wiki/Character%27s

*waves* Hello, I am called Myko... female that's seen much and knows she'll be stuck seeing even more.

The year I was born saw the first female UK Prime Minister elected into office, the Walkman first released around the world, the creation of the first snowboard in the US, the average gallon of Gas was about .86 cents. There was snow in the Sahara desert for 30 minutes. Brighton's nudist beach in England was established. A few years later, my entire school watched the fated reports of the Challenger's crash and the loss of a local instructor that had given many a life role model.

I currently live in the eastern part of the United States, but that doesn't keep me from being on at random times as I never know when sleep will find me. However, my native language is English though I am hoping to learn some other languages.

I am bi-sexual, though one of my best friends would try to say I might as well say I'm gay despite the fact that I haven't been involved with a woman for several years. But yes, bi-sexual suits me extremely well. And seeing how I watch so many different things, I'd have to say I have no problems with other people's sexuality unless it gets into the weird like necro and bestiality and such... then I'd be a bit grossed out.

As such I have found that it bothers me greatly when others judge the sex of the person behind the character rather than allow the merit of writing to be seen. So in plain terms, I could care less what sex or sexuality the writer is so long as the writing is capable of bringing the character to life. I write both men and women, gay, straight and bi... If the character speaks to me, I write it.

One of my largest pet peeves is when there are people that craft a story around rape and slavery for nothing more than that aspect and not for enhancing other parts of a story. Having been a survivor of varying degrees of abuse, I find that if someone simply spends time exuding themselves with rape fantasies or slavery that never goes anywhere else that it puts a light on the actual acts that make people think it's okay. However, if it is written well and done as an enhancer to a storyline that is built on, I don't have a problem with it. I find that if I have to take a step back to remind myself that it's just writing that I can do that and still write.

Another major peeve is when people write the same type of character all the time and never attempt something new. I don't mean so much trying a new base character I mean personality. I have writing partners that have become so predictable that I find it tiring sometimes writing with them because their characters (all of them) fit a certain mold. It grew tiring always writing the seducer, the more dominant character. It is for this reason I am looking to wake a break but am looking for mature based games.

I've been role playing online since the mid/late 90's. *feels old* Been doing written role play through snail mail with some friends since before then. I find a role play partner to be someone that you can bounce ideas off of, that tends to make you think, make you work to come up with a response, someone that can say, "Hey I think maybe we should take it in this direction instead of..." or "Hey, I'm a bit uncomfortable with where this is going can we shift it so..." They challenge you, make you sit up and look at their post and go..."Shit, now I have to think..."

*grins* I am a multi-paragraph role player sometimes writing novella depending on how challenged I am. Recently, I have experienced a lull in my muse's spark and it is effecting my writing in all areas including my own personal novels I've been working on. I am hoping that by becoming a part of a new writing community, somewhere there will be more of a spark again.
    "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should." - Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon

I certainly hope you'll find that spark once more too. I wish you luck with that, if nothing else.

Greetings and welcome to our humble and potentially traumatizing role-playing community. I am Alex, but feel free to call me X if you feel extra lazy. It's a pleasure to have you here and I hope I will eventually have the pleasure of playing with you (no double entendre intended). We don't have a lot of multi-para role-plays going on at the moment. But I'm sure it won't be too difficult to find an active one or even make your own! I certainly hope you will enjoy the experience!
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

Greetings and welcome to WTF! It's always nice to see new faces around and no doubts, your skill will definitely be aiding many others on the site.

If you want to jump right in to roleplaying, you can always check out its respected tab or even see who is recruiting. We also have a lovely little brainstorming thread as well, so even feel free to check out there to help potential GMs fine tune their games.

If you want to just kind of get to know everyone at first, just check out some of the silliness in the 'Shooting the Breeze' area.

I think that's going to cover at least most of it... If you have any questions, never hesitate to ask; everyone is more than willing to help out!

I hope you enjoy your stay with us and I can't wait to talk with you more in time!

Yo. B|

Thanks for sharing that nice bio about yourself with us. It's always nice to learn a bit about someone before diving right into a roleplay. What's even better is it gives us all a chance to see how we might compare with you. For the most part, I think you'll find the people of WTF to be very open and accepting. I don't think you'll have any issues on here and, should you, our staff is fantastic.

I wish you all the best of luck in finding a partner that inspires you to write to your heart's desire

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

I have to apologize, apparently this boards responses went to my spam folder. Hopefully I now have that fixed.

Alex - Thanks for the welcome. I do enjoy finding role play partners so will def be looking around. While I multi-para, I am also good with at least a couple paragraphs.

Vastani - Thanks for the Welcome! I am always open to chatting and getting to know people. And I am planning to jump in looking around.

Xavirne - Thanks! Yeah, I like to have some idea of people before writing begins and getting an idea of whether we mesh well as writers as well as people. Originally, much of my intro was done because a site asked us to find things that happened the year we were born to prove we were adults. It was fun actually. And thanks, I'm definitely looking for inspiration!

catch ya'll on the flip side.
    "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should." - Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Quote Originally Posted by Mykhaila View Post
    Originally, much of my intro was done because a site asked us to find things that happened the year we were born to prove we were adults. It was fun actually
    Not gonna lie, that's pretty awesome. Why wasn't I that creative when I posted mine? O.o

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Because if you did we would all be slightly traumatized.
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.