Login to your account

View Poll Results: Are you interested in joining this game?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 57.14%
  • No

4 28.57%
  • Maybe

2 14.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ABDUCTION * Hiatus

Aurgh I think the worst thing about setting up any game is background information.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Started setting up the full feature roleplay: ABDUCTION. I won't be able to work on it much today until late in the evening (maybe) got me some business this afternoon. YAY Cirque Du Soleil Amaluna. However, I am working on getting thing done.

I would also like to talk about the consideration of a basic dice rolling system for combat (one that doesn't reply on players taking turns to dice roll). I should have a video for that soon enough.

Still in the works but I hope to get a video up for you all that explains this dice rolling combat system idea and how it works . . . @___@ I just got home from my friends so I'll see what I can get recorded and edited. I have one version but I'm not very happy with it.

Very interesting roleplay. I would really be happy to join. ^^
    Just to be sure, if there are any limits of what I can and can't do? I read the rules and such so I know most of the stuff about posting..but I mean for powers and characters. Is there a limit to what kind of powers we can wield and how many powers? As well as how many characters are we allowed to make?

Is there a limit to what kind of powers we can wield and how many powers? A character may have one power, but through that power have multiple abilities (have power over water, with water based abilities). However, and this hasn't been posted anywhere, I intend to have a basic dice rolling system in place and because of this system characters may end up falling within one or two character classes (this will dictate the type of abilities a character may have):

Offensive [attacks/does damage only]
    Offensives - secondary minor defense [attacks/does damage with minor abilities to mitigate damage]
    Defensive [mitigates damage]
    Defensive - secondary minor passive [mitigate damage with minor non-aggressive passive abilities]
    Passive [non aggressive, healing and/or support based abilities]

So if you're an offensive only class your character would have damage inducing based abilities only. Whereas if you're a passive class you would have no damage inducing abilities whatsoever.

The basic dice roll system is to help with fair play and moderate combat. This is something I am working on with my Dungeon Master (I play D&D). I'm attempting to make it as simple as I can without requiring excessive stats or math on the part of the player.

EDIT: You may have also noticed I do tend to pick apart peoples powers. Basically, the way I see it this is an advance game and I expect you to be able to explain your power and know your powers limits . . . and if you don't know them yet, be able to figure them out by the time you submit a character profile.

I know a dice rolling system will help with the issue of "over powered powers", but having players know their characters power and limits helps with in-game consistency when writing about said powers . . . ummmm . . . basically, I will usually go "oh hey this is your power what about this OP issue and how does this make sense, please explain further".

As well as how many characters are we allowed to make? Honestly there really are no limits, but keep it reasonable. This isn't an open world game where you can play characters all over the place. It is a linear game so the actual windows of opportunity to play certain character may be limited to certain arcs in the game.

For example introducing a new character may require you to wait until the current arc is completed or we are at a point in the game where it makes sense to enter a new character . . . which may or may not take longer than you'd expect.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

THIS IS A GOOD TIME TO ASK PLAYERS.

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT A BASIC DICE ROLL SYSTEM FOR COMBAT AND COMBAT ONLY IN THIS GAME?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Strude; 06-17-2013 at 03:50 AM.

Seems like an interesting concept and potentially a great RP. I do have a few questions for you though, just before I decide if I'll join and so I can better prepare the character I am planning on making.

1. Must all of the super-hero characters originate from earth, or could they be gods (like Thor), aliens (like Hawkwoman) and/or supernatural creatures (like Azazel)?

2. You said it's not okay to copy off of popular heroes, but is it possible to copy partially, seeing as there are so many heroes? (ex: have claws similar to wolverine, but with some differences?)

3. When do you expect the RP to be open for application?

4. Do you have a preference for character pictures (comic, real life, anime) or is it free for applicants to decide?

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Oh, and now that I think about it, would this power be considered acceptable?

Vibration Manipulation
    The ability to manipulate periodic and random vibrations within one's self and their environment.
    Last edited by Ophelia; 06-17-2013 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
    Seems like an interesting concept and potentially a great RP. I do have a few questions for you though, just before I decide if I'll join and so I can better prepare the character I am planning on making.

1. Must all of the super-hero characters originate from earth, or could they be gods (like Thor), aliens (like Hawkwoman) and/or supernatural creatures (like Azazel)?

2. You said it's not okay to copy off of popular heroes, but is it possible to copy partially, seeing as there are so many heroes? (ex: have claws similar to wolverine, but with some differences?)

3. When do you expect the RP to be open for application?

4. Do you have a preference for character pictures (comic, real life, anime) or is it free for applicants to decide?
    Answer #1: All heroes must originate on Earth at this point in time.

Answer #2: This is iffy, but I think this would depend on the power. If it is basically "wolverine but female, with a different backstory, and without the ability to regenerate" I don't think I'd let it fly. There are enough powers and mutations that people don't need to copy or model their characters off of icon marvel or DC characters. I understand wanting to be a speedster and I'd be okay with a speedster, but you don't need to model your character off of The Flash or Speed or Quick Silver.

Answer #3: I do not have an exact date. I am aiming for soon though.

Answer #4: Real models or realistic artwork / drawings (example the NPC Liarra's character image is actually a sculpture not a real person). I will not accept anime/manga.

If you're unsure if something is to "anime/manga" you can ask. However, I think you can determine on your own if something looks like it is from an anime or from a manga, the style is pretty distinct. You can ask me though.

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Oh, and now that I think about it, would this power be considered acceptable?

Vibration Manipulation
    The ability to manipulate periodic and random vibrations within one's self and their environment.

Manipulate how? To do what? Expand, elaborate. What type of vibrations? I won't accept "random" it is simply to vague, easily to describe without consistency, and easily powerplayed (especially if we decide not to use a dice roll system).

Wait a minute, when you say originate from earth. Would that mean it has to be a human? Or could it be another being that came from earth? Like something such as elves and such. Would that be alright or does it have to be straight up human?

Sorry about that, kind of curious since looking for pictures im not sure if I should only be looking for humans or if i could look for another race that once did or apparently did on Earth.

And when you speak of realistic artworks or drawings. Would digital art be considered okay? Since its not really based out on anime or manga style.

Not saying im using this picture for my character since im not too much of a fan of it. But as an example, would this be alright? http://media-cache-ec2.pinimg.com/19...ff0956a3fe.jpg
    Last edited by Happydeath; 06-17-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Happydeath View Post
    Wait a minute, when you say originate from earth. Would that mean it has to be a human? Or could it be another being that came from earth? Like something such as elves and such. Would that be alright or does it have to be straight up human?
    . . . I am going to sit here and allow you to work the answer out for yourself.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Happydeath View Post
    Not saying im using this picture for my character since im not too much of a fan of it. But as an example, would this be alright? http://media-cache-ec2.pinimg.com/19...ff0956a3fe.jpg
    No, I probably wouldn't let that pass.

XD Alright I'm already guessing thats a no.

*Holds thumb up and nods*

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

ANNOUNCEMENT

I HAVE A QUESTIONS.

THIS IS A COMBAT-CENTRIC ROLEPLAY.

AND TO AVOID POWERPLAYING AND CONSISTENCY ISSUES.

I WAS WONDERING WHICH OF THE FOLLOW YOU PREFER.

USING A DICE ROLLING SYSTEM OR GETTING ON VENTRILO AND VERBALLY COMMUNICATING?

PLEASE THOSE INTERESTED LET ME KNOW. I NEED THE FEEDBACK. WITHOUT IT I WILL DO WHAT I THINK BEST, NOT NECESSARILY WHAT PLAYERS PREFER.

Thank You,
    Strude

Ventrilo is a Voice over IP (VoIP) group communications software. It is completely free and I own a server we can use. The only thing you need is a mic to use it and the ability to talk and push a button!

Vent is free to download here, and easy to setup.
    If you DL it please get the client program for your computers operating system.
    Last edited by Strude; 06-17-2013 at 07:34 PM.

In regards to your announcement: I think the dice system would be better/fairer and we could use the OoC thread on here (rather than everyone having to download a program) if we want to make non dice-based decisions. But that's my opinion.

Vibration manipulation: The user is able to vibrate their being, part of the environment, and project vibrations through almost any medium by accelerating their own molecular seismology (the vibration of their molecules).

Applications:
    -Energy strike (generate energy through vibration to increase tenfold the strength of a given blow, boost is increased/decreased by the time of charge)
    -Seismic burst (sending vibrations through the ground/air/water to attack from a distance)
    -Burrowing (can move through solid matter via rapid vibrations.)
    -Sharpness manipulation (sharpen an object via the effects of vibrations)
    -Superhuman hearing (by amplifying the vibrations of the eardrum.)

Limitations:
    -Certain highly resistant forms of matter are immune to vibration-based damage.
    -Excessive use of the ability can lead to lesions of skin/muscle tissues and in extreme cases bone fractures.
    -Cannot hear through absolutely soundproof material
    -For an object to be sharpened, it must be sharp at all to begin with.
    -Danger of recoil (in the case of a seismic burst) potentially crushing the bones of the user or even sending them flying backwards.
    -Cannot burrow more than twice as fast as the user's run at full speed.

Last edited by Strude; 06-17-2013 at 11:41 PM.

Personally, I prefer dice. It might be more reading/thinking than using vent, but vent requires people to log onto a third party program on y day, x time. It's a lot of coordination and scheduling, which, in past experiences, does not actually work very well.

Having said the above, I also think that, in some cases (for people who are not interested in using a dice-system), some players can discuss battles in vent. I think, in general, people should use whatever is most convenient for them at the time. Or something.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Well if we go with dice, there won't be a question of using it. You just will, it becomes mandatory.

Just a few ideas of super powers and an exclamation of interest. (Not a simple declaration you see, but rather an exclamation).

Song
    You sing with the voice of an angel, your voice brings sweet agony to those who hear it.

Strengths
    You can sing at a pitch which weakens or even shatters objects.
    Distract enemies and even make suggestions to the weak of will.

Weaknesses
    When you sing, you sing. There is no holding back and stealth quickly goes by the wayside when you open your mouth.
    Doesn't work over very large distances.
    Doesn't work in space (obviously).

Matter Transposition
    You can move matter as you see fit.

Strengths
    Teleport self and allies over short distances.
    Teleport self over longer distances.
    Teleport objects to, or away from self.
    Teleport ally to where you are, and yourself to where they are.

Weaknesses
    The more matter being transported the more strenuous it is. (Take more damage for longer distances or more weight).
    Others? I'm just not sure what.

Lucky (the one i would choose if this game works out)
    You are just naturally lucky, it's not a super power... not really. Things always just seem to work out for the best. Your shots are truer, your manage to escape by the skin of your teeth where others would be crushed.

Strengths
    Bonus to rolls.

Weaknesses
    Passive, uncontrolled and unpredictable.

Electro-Kinesis
    You generate and store energy in the form of electricity.

Strengths
    Overcharge a weapon to deal extra damage
    Drain technology
    Shock people or things... throw lightning around.

Weaknesses
    Requires a charge, death if you get too low.
    Can Short Circuit
    Last edited by Atsumaru; 06-18-2013 at 04:49 AM.

I have a few power ideas, could you let me know which ones would be ok and which ones would not when you have the time? Thanks.

Probability Manipulation
    The user manipulates the probability of an event to happen, making unlikely things occur more often or instantly and preventing liable events from happening. They can cause and prevent both good and bad luck, sudden deaths, natural disasters, and even apocalyptic events.

Applications: Can increase/decrease the luck of individuals, always win games of chance or force others to win/lose, make the impossible possible and vice versa.

Limitations: Odds can be increased or decreased but are never absolute, something rendered nearly impossible could still happen if unavoidable and something rendered very likely still has odds of not occurring.

Quote from a user: "The trick to flying is simple, you just have to fall and try your best to miss the ground."

Loyalty based power replication

Application: The user can replicate and use the skills and abilities of anyone based on how loyal they are be it friends, family, or comrades. Some users may gain powers at random based on the number loyal to them.

Limitations: Depends on loyalty and thus could be lost with it.

Drawing Creation

Applications: The user can create objects and beings by drawing them. The user can also create a new world by drawing it and redraw themselves if they wish such as drawing a sword and armor for their usage and get around quickly by drawing doors and portals. The user can even draw into existence creatures or any other objects.

Limitations: -creations (being made of paper and ink) may be destroyed by water or other liquids.
    -the user is limited to their imagination and drawing skills
    -the user's creations are not controllable and may turn against them (whether that happens or not would be determined by dice roll when creating a sentient being)
    -drawing must be made in real time, you cannot save a drawing to be used later, the user is thus completely open to attack while creating the drawing.

Absolute attack

Applications: The user's attacks cannot be blocked by any means

Limitations: -Impossible to block does not mean impossible to dodge.
    -The attack cannot be blocked but is not necessarily more powerful than a regular attack. For instance, a punch would only hurt as much as a normal punch.

Equality

Application: The user can make a target their equal by bringing that person to their level or by rising to their level. The user can make an even match against anyone. The user can also grant people (their opponent or themselves) without powers the abilities necessary to be on an equal level.

Limitations: -Only effective in 1 on 1.
    -Does not affect intelligence, so a smarter opponent would still be able to defeat the user despite the physical equal footing.

Connective Tissue Manipulation

Application: The user has complete control over the connective tissues on the body of oneself and others, allowing them to freely alter and manipulate them. In addition of supporting, connecting and separating different types of tissues and organs, connective tissues act as storage of energy, protection of organs and providing the structural framework for the body.

Limitations: Range of tissues may be limited.
    Opening connective tissues may expose weak points.
    cause slower healing because of platelet control.[COLOR="Silver"]
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

No : Connective Tissue Manipulation
    No : Absolute attack
    No : Drawing Creation
    No : Loyalty based power replication
    No : Probability Manipulation

Too much OP potential, huh? I see... Well, at least Equality made the cut... Sorry if I'm being a bother but here are some other abilities I was wondering if you could give your opinion on;

Hypercompetence

Application: The ability to be naturally gifted to a peek human level at all given tasks

Limitations: The user is still bound to human limits. While he may be the greatest cook/martial artist/juggler/surgeon, he is only as talented as a human gets and may not surpass that limit (ex: an expert weight lifter may lift up to 800lbs, but someone with super strength would still be better at lifting than him).

Density Manipulation

Application: Can manipulate the density, mass and solidity of an object or oneself through touch. Encompasses size and volume to a very limited extent.

Limitations: Can only affect one aspect at a time, mass, solidity, density, size or volume, not two, not three, one.

Infinite Supply

Applications: The user can never run out of something (ex: infinite water in a canteen, infinite ammo in a gun, infinite fuel in a car, infinite breath under water, infinite blood in case of a wound (rendering the user immune to death by bleeding out), infinite space on a USB key, infinite stamina (never getting exhausted) etc.)

Limitations: Cannot create something, only more of something that is already there.

Ability Augmentation

Applications: The ability to temporarily boost the powers of another superhuman.

Limitations: Cannot boost an ability that isn't already there, cannot give the ability properties that it does not already have. Limited to increasing its efficiency. Cannot create a new ability. User is purely a support role since this ability has no offensive/defensive applications.

No : Equality

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

ENOUGH. Enough with the listing of powers (it's hecka irritating). I am done I don't want to see it. When my game opens you can submit your character with whatever power with whatever abilities and just hope, hope you make the cut and whatever you've chosen isn't over powered or stupid.

To those of you who have a well thought out concept for an ability, like Ophilia, please feel free to contact me via PM with your idea. I don't mind if you legitimately have a concept you'd like feedback on.
    Last edited by Strude; 06-18-2013 at 05:49 PM.

o.o' wow, pissed off the mod and I'm not even in the game yet... this isn't starting well.

No it's not. I'm going to work on Amberwood today anyway, Abduction is bothering me to much. Plus I have to go to my friends place to talk to my DM about dice rolling anyways. Not going to fuss with this game until I can.

Aren't you afraid people might lose interest in your RPs if you take too long though, Strude? Just wondering...

Said no one in the history of everything.

Aren't you afraid people might lose interest in your RPs if you take too long though, Strude? Just wondering...
    Nope. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

Your call, not mine.

Said no one in the history of everything.

That it is. Really I'm not going to stress about this game, if I feel like reviving this and trying my hand at it I may. For now it will be on the back burner.