Login to your account

Thread: Straight up WTF why the f*ck you so dead?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Straight up WTF why the f*ck you so dead?

Titles says it all people. Why does no one talk, why do people lingering, why aren't people contributing to the interest gathering threads and idea thread and projects and conversation.

I know right now it seems hard. I know most people have the "I try but no one responds" mentality, or the "why bother", or "nothing is interesting", or "I have nothing to say".

WELL ENOUGH LADIES AND GENTS!

This place is dying around our ears. People actually use to talk to each other in public threads and made the public group community areas of the board active, the very areas we need active to attract active users.

I ain't putting the blame on no one. Nope. Because I am guilty of being far to quiet lately.

I just think we need to be proactive again. We need to show this place some love. Contribute to the conversation, share our ideas, engage one another outside of our private little holes in the wall. Get outside of the OOC threads, outside of our tiny circle of friends and GIVE THE STRANGER NEXT TO YOU A KISS ON THEIR OPEN MOUTH!

YUH HEAR ME?

I just . . . miss how boisterous the community was a year ago and we need to revive this place. I am not lying WTF is dying and there is very little the mods can do at this point.

IT IS UP TO THE COMMUNITY TO SHOW SOME INITIATIVE.

Phew I had to get that off my back, but that little rant aside it is true WTF is dying and the community is the key. Right now I have no real suggestions off the top of my head as to how to fix things. This is mostly because I don't think gimmicks are going to win over activity, believe me as an ex-moderator I know we've tried. Rather legitimate and genuine activity from our members is needed outside of members OOC threads and mostly private areas of the board.

WTF is puttering out because the community aspect of the site, this forum, interest gathering and brainstorming forum, greeting threads / new member forum all need more attention. Members need to contribute outside of their private gigs. I know right now it is difficult and frustrating, but if only a small handful of us pull up our big girl socks and get a chattering it we won't get the board anywhere . . . this needs to be a larger everyone reading effort.

I have been meaning to say this for a while. I wanted to get this off my chest. Good evening.
    Last edited by Strude; 06-11-2013 at 02:56 PM.