Login to your account

Thread: Not your average 1x1

Humble Farmer With a Sword Petrichora's Avatar

Not your average 1x1

NO LONGER ACCEPTING PARTNERS, SORRY.

Hello! I'm Petrichora. I'm new here and would like a 1x1.

Now, I'm a bit different with my RPing than most people I see here. While I do require proper spelling and grammar, I'm much more lax with everything else. In fact, I think I'd prefer shorter, infrequent posts. Mainly because I'm lazy and don't like commitment, so if I'm not going to do it, I can't expect you too. Also, I haven't decided if I like this site yet, and so I don't know if I'm going to stay.

So:

1. Post at least once a week. For the first couple of weeks, I'll probably be on here more frequently than later, though, so I'll probably post more than once a week.

2. At least one paragraph (Quality over quantity, yadda yadda yadda), but don't write so much that I stop reading after the first paragraph.

I like fantasy, but I'd really like to avoid the cliche, cookie-cutter fantasies that are a dime a dozen out there. Unless it's a major plot point, humans should not have magic. Fairies, elves, and other mystical creatures are fine, but werewolves and vampires are not preferred (but not unacceptable).

Things I Like:

Themes/Genres

Post-apocalyptic
    Fantasy
    Modern (completely devoid of magical features)
    Modern Fantasy
    Steampunk
    Victorian/Elizabethan Era
    Norse/Greek Mythology

Characters

Puck (Shakespearean)
    Loki
    Apollo (Actually, make that most Greek Gods)
    Death

And I'd prefer the plot to have some sort of romantic sub-plot. It doesn't have to be the main thing, but I definitely want some sexual tension in it.

Please NO:

Fan-fiction (Characters such as Puck or the Devil or something like that are okay since they aren't just fictional figures)
    Bestiality
    Incest

Just let me know if you're interested, and I'm sure I like and dislike more things than just this so ask me if you don't see something you'd like.
    Last edited by Petrichora; 07-13-2011 at 07:03 PM.

I'd like to point out that if you do a Mythology rp that incest (if ya go by sharing the same blood meaning) would be involved... since all the gods are related too each other somehow. That's the one point in mythology that I found when researching it that every site and book says.

But maybe a Modern Fantasy Mythology role play with you would be interesting... if a good plot could be came up with. Which my mind is currently asleep at the moment due to me sitting up, so I can't think of one but the idea of it would be interesting.
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

I know that incest is a part of mythology, but I won't write out those types of scenes. It can be mentioned and such, but only briefly. For example: "God C was a product of God A and his sister Goddess B" is perfectly acceptable. I just don't like having to go into details. And gods and religion are a completely different matter from mortals. I guess I could have been a little more specific with that.

Modern Fantasy Mythology would be nice. What aspect of mythology do we want? The gods, the beasts, the events? Or maybe all of it? Maybe it's modern time, but the mythology never really died. People still believe in the gods, and the gods still interfere in people's lives. Or maybe it's just the opposite. The gods have completely abandoned their people. Norse, Greek, or Roman mythology?
    While I was waiting. . . I ate your lunch.

Greek and Roman mythology is basically the same from what I've read aside from names of the gods and goddess. I'm also mostly known with them... I haven't gotten much into the Norse mythology just yet. So I would ask for Greek or Roman mythology stuff.
    Egyptian mythology I've also studied a bit due to me wanting to know more about Bast (and the game pharaoh).

I was thinking something like the percy jackson or Hercules (tv show not Disney version) type (now that I think about it), kids of the gods knowing they are the kids of gods (either half gods or full gods either works). People would still believe in the gods would only help those who truly believe in them not just claimed to believe in them and offered them something pricey.

Modern time with mythology never died, so an Alt universe of how the world would have turned out if people kept the old believes rather than converting to the "new" (Christianity and such) believes. Were magic was still around and some people still feared the gods and goddess. Have some of the beasts and events maybe.

Would we double or what?

I'm just like rambling right now with this stuff. I have no set anything, I just go with the flow of whats happening.

I'm really, really sorry, but I can't RP with you anymore. Your idea sounds great and you sound like a wonderful person to RP with, but I've lost my drive and just don't want to do it anymore. Please forgive me.
    While I was waiting. . . I ate your lunch.

no worries... I'm taking a break from rping until it cools off were I am and I'm not so tried which is due to the heat making it hard for me to sleep.