Login to your account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OOC : Hell Games

O.O Wut happened? I missed a lot... nice to have you along for the ride Xavirne!
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

Thanks for having me! I think this will be suppa fun

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

I certainly hope so!

I really like your character by the way, brings a different flavor
    I'll make your character card shortly and then I'll prepare the tutorial round for the 4 first players. (Us)

It's because he's so much older than everyone else. XD And he's a papa. And sexy. VERY SEXY. >.>

- hangouts -

Wait wait wait wait wait...

WE FINALLY HAVE FOUR MEMBERS???

Said no one in the history of everything.

*hides River behind a tree*
    Nope. ^_^

- hangouts -

Yesss!!!

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

ANNOUNCEMENTS

I started making the first weapon cards, they're in the GM's profile so feel free to check them out and give me your opinions!

Also, I'm debating allowing a second character for everyone or not. Here are the +/- of the idea, please give me feedback:

Plus
    - More characters means teams would be made faster.
    - Two characters allows more out of tournament interactions.
    - Allows players to explore different character builds and perks.
    - Permits more creativity
    - Games would move along faster since fewer players would be in a team (the logic being that it is more likely everyone involved in a fight will be involved at the same time)

Minus
    - To avoid cheating, both characters would have to be on the same team.
    - So everyone is allowed 2 characters, teams would have to be of 4, 6, 8 or 10 characters rather than the planned 5.
    - If some people do not wish to have 2 characters, creating their team could be more complex (ex: 1+1+2, 1+1+1+1, 2+2) making it impossible to just create teams as people join (possible longer wait for team creation)
    - Somewhat lessens the "group RP" spirit this RP was intended in.

We dooooooooooooooo! Don't try to hide it from me Xavirne <.<

@Alex: I like the weapons you've made so far... I'm guessing the stats are the bonuses they give right? BTW, I find the special abilities you gave some of the weapons HAAAARD to read... But I tried using my zoom and it worked alright.

I kinda like the idea of having 2 characters

Yay! Feedback! I love feedback

I like the idea of two characters too hoooowever, I don't think I would want a second one just yet. ^^;

- hangouts -

Thanks for the feedback Xavirne

Can you explain how fighting creatures works?
    I want to make sure my post is correct and, if it isn't, I want to know how to change it so it's right.

I looked over the information given on the first page and I don't believe I read anything that explained what happens when attacking something like a rat. The HP of the rat is less than River's attack... so does that mean it dies, especially since it doesn't block or dodge? Or does River's attack only = 1?

Thanks!

- hangouts -

Here's what you've done wrong, otherwise everything is perfectly fine.

1. You don't have to show your stats anywhere since your player card demonstrates them.
    2. The large rat attacks and every other random event is determined by dice roll. I see what you misunderstood.

You see, there are two dice rolls which happen every turn except for the first one, the list shown on the beginning post was just to explain the result of all possible rolls, it was not intended to state what happened from the get go. For instance, if the first dice rolls 3 and the second dice rolls 7, River would skip his turn. Then on the next turn another dice roll would happen (ex: 7-4, causing Sasha to not recover stamina this turn) and this would happen every time all players have posted.

To answer your question: Yes, the rat would die after a single hit, but since he attacked before you did, you would also lose the 3 ATK of the rat in HP unless you block or dodge, consuming stamina. Battles with animals will happen the same as any other battles, but the GM will be handling them. Animals always attack on their turn and (if you back away) they chase after you. They cannot flee, block or dodge.

IN THE END: Just remove the part about the rat from your post and the stats from your actions and your post will be perfectly fine.

So can I not attack the rat yet? Or am I even attacking the rat? O.o I guess I don't follow the dice information. Are we supposed to roll our own dice to figure out our results? Or are the ones you listed (dice two results 3-4)?

And if he is confronting the rat, how would I know if he (River) dodged the rat's attack? Do I need to roll a dice?

Gah, sorry for the questions. I'm just trying to figure it out (this is why I don't want a second character. If I can't get one right, I doubt I could get two right).
    Last edited by Xavirne; 07-09-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Updated wording and questioning

- hangouts -

It's fine. Sorry if you didn't understand the game completely. I'll go try to revise the rules.

1. There is no rat at the moment.

2. The dices shown on the first post are just... to show what happens if the dices land a certain way. Example, if dice 1 lands on 3 or 4, the effects of dice 2 will happen to River. If they land on 7 or 8, they will happen to Sasha, and so on.

3. The two dices are rolled every GM post. In the GM post, there will be an updated map depicting the locations, a list of whatever weapons were picked up by who and the result of any and all actions. This post happens after Sasha's in our game, but in any other game, it's after the post of the last poster.

4. Dodging, Blocking, Attacking, Moving are all things that spend Stamina (STA) every turn, you recover (REC) an amount of stamina (ex: if your recover is 2, you regain 2 stamina every turn regardless of the actions you've done).
    ----Your SPE is the maximum amount of movements you can do in one turn (ex: since River has 2 SPE, he can move 2 squares per turn). Every square you move counts as 1 action and thus counts 1 STA.
    ----Your ATK is the maximum amount of damage you can do in one turn (ex: River has 3 ATK, so he can do up to 3 damage in one turn). You can do less damage if you're running low on Stamina or if you don't want to waste any when your enemy is on the verge of death, but every point of damage you intend on doing costs 1 STA. If you hold a weapon, the bonus damage of the weapon does not cost any STA (ex: If River has a +2 ATK sword and does 2 STA of damage, he'd be dealing 4 STA of damage.
    ----If you choose to block, you must spend an amount of stamina equal to the amount of damage your opponent intends on doing. This may change if you have a defense enhancing item.
    ----If you choose to dodge. You must spend an amount of stamina equal to your speed +1. You are only able to dodge if your opponent's speed is lower than your own.

I hope this covers everything you needed to know. Don't worry about asking more questions, that's what I'm here for.

Ah, that makes more sense now! Thanks for clarifying

- hangouts -

You're welcome.

Updated post. That better?

- hangouts -

It's perfect. BTW, just to make it easier on me from now on (don't worry, you don't have to edit your post for something so small). Please use directions such as "Up, Down, Left, Right" when making a move. Right now, I am interpreting your move forward as a move down since your character started in the upper right corner, do let me know if I'm wrong.

@Xavirne: Thanks for asking your questions... I read the rules and I was pretty sure, but I wanted to make 100% certain.

@Alex: My turn, right?

Yup.

Yay! Btw, is it ok if I change Zabeth's personality and backstory a little? I won't change anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSilverX View Post
    It's perfect. BTW, just to make it easier on me from now on (don't worry, you don't have to edit your post for something so small). Please use directions such as "Up, Down, Left, Right" when making a move. Right now, I am interpreting your move forward as a move down since your character started in the upper right corner, do let me know if I'm wrong.
    Left. I'm having him move to his left.

- hangouts -

Alright, just making it clear.

@Ophelia: Sure, just don't change her too much since she's already behaved a certain way for a while now.

New question! Now that the first round is over and we're onto round two, we wait for our dice rolls before we post, right? Like PLAYER ONE posts their move and ends turn. I wait for my dice roll and, once I get it, I post my stuff. PLAYER THREE waits for their roll and posts once received. And lastly, PLAYER FOUR waits for a roll before posting.

Is that right? I just want to make sure I don't jump the gun and post before I'm supposed to ^^

- hangouts -

No, there is only one dice roll per turn. The roll resulted in Karin receiving an RI. Next turn there will be another roll.

Wait. So can I post? And, if so, how do I know what happens to River? Or does nothing happen to him since dice 1 didn't roll a 3 or 4.

- hangouts -

Nothing happens to river since dice one didn't roll a 3 or 4. Yes, you may feel free to post.

Ah, gotcha! I think I'm starting to catch on now ---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexSilverX View Post
    ANNOUNCEMENTS
    I'm debating allowing a second character for everyone or not. Here are the +/- of the idea, please give me feedback
    Now that I'm getting the hang of the game, I wouldn't be opposed to making a second character, if needed

I would probably pull in one of these five:
    Last edited by Xavirne; 07-10-2013 at 06:24 PM.

- hangouts -

They all seem like pretty sweet characters and it wouldn't be needed, but I wanted to have the option available