Login to your account

Thread: New Posts not new

I encountered a little annoying thing. I'm unsure if it's a bug or if it's just my browser. When I got here and clicked the new Post there was 100+ new posts. But looking back at them some seem to be from 30/9 or later. Usually New Post only show post for the last days. I did clear my cookies via the browser so maybe that's the problem?
    Last edited by Brook V; 07-02-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Typos

Reoccurring NPC
    Yeah, I seem to be seeing the same thing and I have not cleared out my cookies. I have noticed little inconsistency in the highlighted threads. Usually even if I look at a thread it still will not stop telling me that there are new posts there, and other times it seems like the new post highlights are all cleared out and only the most recent ones are still there, even if I have not looked at any of the other threads.

When I got logged out earlier and tried to watch New Posts it went back to normal. perhaps beacuse the Roleplay tab threads doesn't show for guests?

Sorry about not making a thread about this before I went to sleep. ^^;

I changed the way New Posts are displayed because I was having problems with coming along later and finding that I'd missed posts in an Information Desk thread because the way "new posts" are archived would mean that if I didn't read it during that 15 (now 20) minutes I'd logged off but the system still counted me as "online", I wouldn't see it.

You're going to have to "read" all the threads to clear them as "read" or wait 10 days for them to be "marked" as read by the system. :x For the RP tab, that means going to the newest post in each, even if you have no interest in reading them. For everything else, you can just go to the forum itself and click "Forum Tools" at the top of the forum and select "Mark this forum read".

I know it's annoying, but hopefully will be more useful in general (especially to me, since I'll be going on that trip). I can reduce it from 10 days to perhaps as few as 5, but beyond that and I worry I won't be able to get on during my trip and answer questions and issues that cropped up when we were busy doing things and I wasn't able to get onto the computer for very long/at all. :x
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Alright thanks for answering. Ther's a button that says: Mark All Forums as Read. It was useful to clear the archive too.

Oohh - where did you find that? I was looking for it last night and couldn't find it. xD I knew it existed, but couldn't remember where it was. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Index page, bottom, after the forums but before the "what's going on?" list. XD I use it all the time. :P

(ooc)

Ooooh - thank you. xD I kept looking up top where the "mark forum as read" is. xD No wonder I couldn't find it!
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin