Login to your account

Thread: Looking for people.

Looking for people.

Hello hellllooo. My name’s scarlightning, scar for short, or you can just use my real name Devin. I’m looking for some individuals to start one or two RPs with. I like 1 x 1s or at least a small group of people.

Before I start listing off random crap let’s have a little information about myself. I’m 20 years old, from Maryland. I lived in Georgia for around half my life but I’m currently in Texas. I’m in the military, Air Force to be specific. I love painting models, playing video games and sleeping. Some of my other hobbies that I enjoy just as much include: D&D, MTG, Writing, Computers and other electronics, and of course RPing.

As for the RPing side of things, I enjoy making intricate stories with other people and I view RPing not as a way to tickle my inner fantasies about myself like many others but a way for another person (or a few other persons) and myself to express ourselves in a structured and fun way. My post length is not too long but not too short, in my opinion. I post enough to move the story ahead but not so much that I’m fluffing out the post. I think my grammar is pretty good but my English teachers always said my grammar lacked immensely compared to my creativity so that remains to be seen. Keep in mind that I am human and I probably will make mistakes or draw blanks.

As for availability, I’m usually pretty busy. The max you’ll get from me is one post a day unless it’s the weekend. I try my best to post as much as possible but please don’t get mad if I don’t get around to it for a couple of days.

Here are some ideas and such of things I’m interested in RPing. All of the pairings can either be MxM or MxF but I always play male. I just don’t know how to play female characters. If you have any other ideas don’t be afraid to say something.

-Drama/Crime/Action about a Druggie x Old highshool friend (Maybe some romance?)

-Organized crime

-Post-apocalyptic. Can be anything from zombies to a meteor.

-An island that's completely unexplored. Leaves opportunities for all kinds of stuff. Can play any sort of character from stranded adventurer to tribal resident.

Here are some other Ideas that require a bit more work. I’m not so sure about them since I don’t have a lot of time on my hands but if you want to do one of them and you’re willing to work with me then I’ll give them a try.

-Medieval RP focused around different houses/royal families in a kingdom fighting for some sort of control or something along those lines. Lots of scheming, lots of action.

-Some sort of dark/high fantasy. Not really sure what to do with this one but I love fantasy so I thought I’d throw it in there.

-Scifi. Aliens and such.
    Last edited by scarlightning; 04-28-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Heya fellow Air Force member (: Looking for 1x1 partners myself. A far as posting length and timing goes I'm pretty much the same as you, and organized crime is something I like to think I'm pretty knowledgeable in. I'd be interested in trying it out if you are!
    Every man is evil, yes, every man's a liar
    An unashamed with a wicked tongue sing in the Black Soul Choir

Humble Farmer With a Sword rustysteelsyringe's Avatar
    I'd be interested in doing some sort of post-apocalyptic thing, if you like!

Sounds great! Both of you. What era were you thinking about for the crime stark. And what sort of Apocalypse do you think you'd like to do rusty.

PMing you (:
    Every man is evil, yes, every man's a liar
    An unashamed with a wicked tongue sing in the Black Soul Choir

Humble Farmer With a Sword rustysteelsyringe's Avatar
    Also PMing!

Hey, Devy. Nothing's going on in RL or in OL, so bugging you again. You up for an RP? Not sure what you are in the mood for, considering this is a week old. Ready to play a girl? *winky winky*
    "Ew. Did you check to see what date this raw milk expires?"
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."
    "It's the cream. The fat floats to the top."
    "Oh, I just thought it was Bridgid's backwash the first couple of times."
    "Wait, why didn't you say 'ew' when you thought that?"

What are YOU in the mood for :P

I was in the mood for using therianthropes, upwards of four different types in an exploratory method, either in a dangerous place and/or against enemies. MAYBE your typical werecreature types, probably edhianals that I made (my characters Nickie and Snowball are those), maybe not people with animal genes spliced in and definitely something like how they have for Avatar, except it's solely computerized control of a living creature. I was thinking of using a tiny dino for the last group, but I haven't really thought this one out more than what's here. I wasn't sure if Nom wanted to do this or not, since an animal was her craving.

I suggested a normal sport one already and I had an idea for a nerd, but that would require you to be...the girl.

Truth or dare horror was an idea. It seems like a group sort of thing and I keep thinking of the movie IT or something along those lines. In any case, gore-focused.

Finally, pretty much anything that can spark plot and/or character ideas. Now stop being Jewish. What do you want to do?
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."

"and I had an idea for a nerd, but that would require you to be...the girl." Wadya mean by this one. Also, I'm up for almost anything as long as you make it interesting. You know what my fave genres are, bounce ideas off me. I've been craving a scifi lately but I'm up for really anything.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlightning View Post
    "and I had an idea for a nerd, but that would require you to be...the girl." Wadya mean by this one
    Basically, it's just troubles with high school and abusive father, trying to get the upperhand on everyone. He was emancipated at fourteen and makes money on his electronics business. I've ideas for experiments that go awry, and issues with teachers and students. If adult, he likes to tie people up, which is why I said you would have to be the girl. Think extreme high school, but I don't know how it would go, considering that you don't play females too often and this was originally made for MxM, which I don't do anymore.

Also, I'm up for almost anything as long as you make it interesting. You know what my fave genres are, bounce ideas off me. I've been craving a scifi lately but I'm up for really anything.
    As far as scifi goes, I remember you liking crossdressers, which were sorta what I had for two old, old characters. One was a female that looks like a pretty male that gathers artifacts, sci-fi and/or fantasy. Any kind of mythological or scientific tool/weapon he (she refers to herself that way) would get his hands on and trades with various people for profit. I'm also thinking of something to do with invisibility or scientific endeavors. The other was a pseudo-hermaphrodite living in a totalitarian, space setting, which didn't get too far because the other person was more pervy than plotty. I don't really do aliens, unless they are descendents of humans, and I get pretty anal about the protective design of suits and hulls.
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."

I could play a female. It doesnt bother me. As for the scifi I have no opinion on that one. Any scifi is good

4give chatspeech im/xbox wecould also try an rp explorin an african jungle the size of the US or a hidden/created island-though not sure what u havein mind-last time i did it was abunch o teens dropped off 2c what an experimentalspecimin would do-tryin 2c what sparks w/ u

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

also congrats 4 bcmin clumz apprentice
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."

I only like cross dressing with like romance or drama. I can play a girl though that rp sounds something interesting. I really want to play a sci fi game somewhere along the lines of like Mass effect/ star trek, stuff like that. I want to play a scifi or a drama/romance.

All my characters can do romance; it's how picky they are or aren't that's the problem. The ones I spoke of aren't really as picky as some or at least in certain aspects. Anyway, what's Mass Effect and which RP do you want to play?

[I'm going so crazy that I dreamed up a person I have never met before, but we both acted as if we had none each other forever. I think it might have been a black rumxcoke or a melding of Morpheus and rumxcoke.]
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."

Which would you prefer?

u lawyer. bouncing off u means aimimg away from the quagmire--sidenote also idea4gory experimental monster story also needs a gal from u but its not romance. its horror murder rape&splatterpunk--as4me i have more plot opportunities (rum has me addicted2interactive plotting) with the treasure collector upon finding a door/entrance/gateway 2 other worlds. basically includes a way2incorporate all those themes u might like n it. do u want as a fullfeature or no--1x1 or group--i can start or u can mine will b long whichever--and if ever i can catch u on skype we can plot or not & think up a name--i dont no wat u have in mind2play so ill stop here until i no where u r with this
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."

I like the idea of a scifi. The entrance to different worlds doesn't really spark my interest to be completely honest? I was thinking more of a space opera style deal with gritty anti-hero type characters who, through multiple escapades of heroism, end up with lots of money, fame (as hired guns who aren't just out for the cash) and a ship or two under their command. Wadya think? I can also go fantasy. I love fantasy I can literally play a fantasy any day of the week so if you ever have an itch for swords and spells come to me.

Also, it can go into your one shot rp, or you can make it dedicated or forum idc.

I was thinking more of a space opera style deal with gritty anti-hero type characters who, through multiple escapades of heroism, end up with lots of money, fame (as hired guns who aren't just out for the cash) and a ship or two under their command. Wadya think?
    I think, "Yay, we have an RP skeleton!"
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."

Make a character shell and shoot me the idea and well bounce til we have our charrys :P

BTW, you are welcome to enkz and my RP. I am not that great at realistic (modern or historical) RPs aside from things off the top of my head, so, if he's OK with it, you can come in on the medieval one.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Now I'm off to the OOC.
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."