"Izzy, he is going to eat you."

"He's not going to eat me, don't be ridiculous." The young woman started towards the door of her apartment, rolling her eyes.

"Isn't that what they do? That's their thing, eating people is."

She sighed, stopping to glance back at her boyfriend. "First off, they don't eat people, they drain their fluids, there's a difference. And second, he's not going to eat me, he just needs someone to make sure he doesn't get himself killed until whatever's happening dies down."

"That's what they would say if they were going to eat you, babe." Her boyfriend pouted, grabbing her hand. "Come on- you know I don't like you working this job, and with this- I mean, what would I do if something were to happen to you?

"I don't know, get a real job?" she proposed scathingly, pulling her hand free of his easily to grab her large black bag. "The agency thinks I'll be able to take care of it, and it'll be a few weeks at most, no big deal."

He crossed his arms. "Aw, don't be like that, babe- the band's got a gig on Friday, and we've got another lined up soon-"

"I'm very proud, I'm certain," she muttered coldly, pulling the door to their apartment open. "Bye, Steve." With that, she was gone, pacing swiftly over the old, worn hallway carpet to the elevator. There was a slight frown lingering around her thin lips as she pressed the button- things had not been going well in their relationship recently, and this new assignment had caused Steve to get even more protective than usual. While normally, it wasn't much of an issue, it did tend to wear on her after a while. Grumbling wordlessly to herself, she ran one hand through her frizzy, dark brown hair, trying to put the situation out of her mind for the moment.

To be completely honest, she wasn't too thrilled about the new task either- after all, keeping a vampire from ending up dead wasn't exactly her specialty. Still, overtime and danger pay, plus consideration for a promotion, weren't exactly things to sniff at, especially on a single income. Besides, she was certain it wouldn't be that dangerous, and it was better than doing paperwork and waiting for an incident. Her long navy blue coat swirled around her slim frame as she stalked out of the building, beginning towards the arranged meeting spot. It was positively freezing out- although it was supposed to be spring right now, the cloudy day seemed not to be cooperating. Sighing, she straightened, looking around the area for whoever it was she was supposed to take care of, her freckled face showing her displeasure with the situation.