Login to your account

Thread: Pirate Bones (Shara)

Pirate Bones (Shara)

The wind blew gently with the scents of the flowers on the wind as a dark haired girl walked through the garden as her green eyes looked over the flowers. It was one of the rare times she was alone, well as alone as a princess could get on the night before her wedding. She didn't like the guy and she sure didn't want to marry him, one reason why she didn't like him was mostly due to the fact that she didn't know him. He was a prince from a neighboring kingdom which the marriage was more for peace between the kingdoms than anything else. A loveless marriage that was what she had to look forward too for the rest of her life. Sure she could fall in love with him but she highly doubted it, what she heard was that he was a womanizing idiot who had many mistresses.

A sigh came from her as she sat on a bench in a well hidden area that only her most loyal and trusted people know where it was at. Magic hid it from anyone else, although she had a feeling that her parents knew about it but nobody every said anything. Another problem with her family was never to say anything that would bring trouble, not something she followed when alone or with just her servants. "Bloody stupid parents, not even caring enough about me to find a good prince for me to marry." She muttered under her breath as she looked up at the sky.

The night air was refreshing and it calmed her down, something about the night time made her feel better, less alone. The stars shone brightly in the night sky above, the castle was lit up with festive stuff happening in honor of her up coming marriage. Nothing short of her running away wouldn't stop the wedding, she tried it. Heck she even tried to run away but was found and brought back kicking and screaming by the knights her found her. That had gotten her locked in her tower room for a week with food being bought to her, not that bad because it meant she didn't have to do her lessons. It didn't get her out of dress fitting sessions though so it still annoyed her.

A soft sigh left her lips as she watched the sky, a lone tear falling down her face before she whispered "Looks like tomorrow will be the death of me." In a way it would be, she would lose her freedom (what little she had of it) and be forced to give someone she didn't know everything she was. It both angered her and made her give up hope, once that happened she saw her life as over.

((Name is Aminha, Ami for short, age is around 15 or 16 ish, looks click here))
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

"Finally done.", Denji sighed as he finished wiping all the glasses on his side of the table. His hands felt a little cramp from the hour long process but he was too nervous to notice. He looked into one of the sparkling glasses and saw that everyone else was busy still cleaning, making everything annoyingly bright. He set the glass down and fixed his collar, making sure that people could see the royal mark on his neck. It was a tattoo of a crown, symbolizing the royal family, and it was on a pedestal, symbolizing the support of their loyal servants. Only a handful had the mark, and it was what every servant of the royal family strives to achieve. His was red and dull with age, since he had received his at an early age. Everyone knew that he was one of the princess's favorite servant and a close friend. Many were jealous, but they wouldn't dare mess with him. He had sharp eyes and scars that looked like something clawed his cheek. Though no one would call his personality gentle, they certainly wouldn't call him a beast.

As he walked out of the dining room, dodging other servants who were running back and forth, he reviewed his plan silently. It was almost time and he had none to waste. It was now or never, while everyone would be distracted with the decorations and food. He was nervously fiddling with the handle of his dagger that was on hip, which was required for servants who were expected to guard the princess, as person bumped into him. He looked up to glare when he saw it was one of his father's shipmate, the one who would be the messager. He wore one of the lower class servant uniforms and blended right in. He gave a small smile as he bowed and said, "My apologizes. I wasn't looking where I was going." The man shook his hand and patted his hip, slipping a piece of paper inside his pocket. Denji did his best not to change his expression as he continued his walk, heading towards the place he was sure the princess would be.

Outside it was surprisingly calm, a stark contrast to the chaos in the castle. It wasn't completely dark, since the castle was twice as bright as usual, but as he walked further along, it got darker. He moved silently, avoiding the guards who were obviously taking it easy. A couple moved along the trail, most yawning. One was even laughing and telling jokes. He was so angry, his blood boiled. Couldn't anyone do their job right? However, it would make his job all the more easier. He snuck further down, careful not to step on any flowers as he entered the garden through a passage he made years ago. Practically crawling, he moved behind large trees and bushes before he spotted the princess.

He resisted running to her as he remembered the note. He was suppose to read it right at eleven so everything would be ready at the right time. He looked at the moon and saw that it was just about time. He took it out and read the short message, his eyes used to the dark. "Talk for ten. Walk at twenty. Dock in thirty. - D." He folded the note and shoved it in his mouth, before chewing and swallowing it. Leave no evidence. He put on a smile as he moved toward the princess.
    As he moved closer, he noticed her mumbling with a scowl on her face. Her face was slightly damp from a few tears, but it didn't surprise him. He would be pretty pissed if it was him too, having to marry some playboy stranger.

He stood up noisily and walked to the girl as he slung his arm around her shoulder. "There there. No tears.", he grinned as he wiped the tear from her face. He took a seat next to the girl as he pretended to yawn. "So what's up Ami?", he asked casually, not having anything else to say. He would just have to distract her for ten minutes before taking a walk.

((...Hope this is okay. xD))
    Last edited by Shara; 07-06-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Ami jumped slightly hearing the sounds and looked up to see who it was while trying to hide the tears before she notice it was only Denji. A soft sigh came from her as she stopped trying to hide the tears and when he touched her she closed her eyes before she rested her head on his shoulder. "Like you have to ask." She muttered since she knew everyone knew about what would happen only a few knew she didn't want it to happen. So naturally almost all the castle servants knew that she didn't want to marry. Fear drove her to say the words, well fear and anger, but who wouldn't feel those things when being pawned off. "It feels like I'm being sold rather than getting married. I never even met the bastard and yet they want me to marry him. How do they expect me to love someone I never even met and only heard that he was a womanizing jerk." She rambled mostly as she drew her knees up to her chest to hug as she sat up right instead of leaning on Denji like she had been.

Her eyes opened to look up at the sky before she said "Lets run away." She always asked him to run away with her but never really meant it since it had been years since she last said it to him, but this time she did mean it. A slight bit of hope stirred in her eyes as she looked at him before she said "Come on, we could go anywhere and do anything we wanted. I always wanted to visit the elves in the Hidden Forest, surely they would take us in for a little bit." Her voice was full of hope but then she remembered that her father had contacts in the elves. Her eyes turned sad again as she looked back up to the sky and said "But Father has contacts in the elves so I wouldn't be free there." Her voice went from hopeful to sad within seconds as she dropped her gaze down to the ground and hugged her knees closer to her chest.

Her dress heeled boots be a soft sound as she let her feet go back to the ground, her body shook slightly before she whispered "Promise me that if the guy I'm being pawned off on is a complete jerk that you'll help me kill him." Her voice was so low and soft that she didn't know if he heard her or not but she didn't want the forced stuff she wanted the love that the bards sung of, that were in the fairy tales that her nurse read to her, that her mother told her tales of. No matter how ridiculous it seemed, she wanted it; probably because it was out of her reach and she was use to getting most everything she wanted.

((that's fine... hope mine is ok this is more like what I'll put each time unless muse hits me to do more.))

"Denji hesitated for a few moments. His heart felt like it stopped as he heard her say, "Let's run away". He was used to hearing Ami saying it but now he could, and had to, do something about it. His thoughts were jumbled as he tried to lay out his options. He could tell her about the plan now and they could work together and get away earlier. However, he knew it wouldn't be that easy. If he told her the plan, she would ask questions that he was not ready to answer. He would have to stick with the original plan but he would tell her before they reached the ship. Also, he wouldn't have to tie her up.

As he finished organizing his thoughts, he realized the princess was mumbling something about killing someone. "She really hates this prince.", he thought as he snapped back to reality. He moved closer to pat Ami on her head to comfort her. She didn't seem to focus on him, which was good since he wasn't exactly the best actor. He looked up at the sky with her before softly saying, " I wish I could do something to help you. You know I would. I wish I could help you run away but I think it would be too late to do that. There are also too many guards around." He suppressed a smirk as he remembered seeing the lazy guards patrolling the area. Only a few minutes had pasted and being early was not an option. Being punctual was something that was drilled into his head as he has served the royal household for many years. Because of this, it was like he never needed a clock. He knew it was exactly eleven 'o three and twenty eight seconds.

He needed to distract her, but the question was how. Suddenly, he sprang to his feet. He smiled as he pulled the girl to stand up with him. "I know it won't change anything, but let's just go on a walk somewhere. It'll help clear your mind." Before the girl could answer him, he began to pull her toward the stables that were nearby. It wasn't too far and he could waste a few minutes in there. However, he stopped in his tracks and silently cursed under his breath. They couldn't go there, at least he couldn't because there would be a worker there. There is always at least one person in the stables to look after the horses. He had to think fast as began walking again, slowly, before he got an idea. He gripped the princess's hand as he quietly walked toward the field.

The field was even closer by then the stables and only took a couple of minutes to get there. The field was clear with slightly longer grass and wild flowers. It was surrounded by taller trees, but was wide enough to still see the stars. As they approached it, he realized that he had been holding on to Ami's hand the whole way, practically dragging her the whole way. "S-sorry Ami.", he apologized as he released her hand. He took a step back as to give her some space. The area was slightly darker because of the trees, but it made the stars appear even brighter. Denji walked to the middle of the field to lay down on the soft grass. He patted the grass next to him, "Come on. Lay down for a few minutes princess. We can talk more now if you want." He hoped that the princess would accept and go on to rant for a few minutes.

(Sorry for the late post. Also sorry for forcing your character around. D: )
    Last edited by Shara; 07-13-2011 at 11:58 PM.

Current Obsession(s):
    Getting back to Role playing!

Ami glanced at him when he talked and a small pout came to her lips when he said he wouldn't help her run away, that sucked the most right then to her. It wasn't like she hated the prince she was to marry; she just wanted to choose who she married. Sometimes she wished she didn't have to be born a princess, it was much too demanding and limiting on her freedom. Sometimes it drove her crazy to be stuck in the castle and having to be a doll for her mother to dress up during the parties that came. Nothing more than did she want than to be free and do as she pleased, she loved the stories her old maid use to tell her of adventures, romance, and freedom.

Frankly she had gotten so caught up in her thoughts and looking at the sky that she didn't notice much of anything until her hand was held in Denji's. A blush brushed across her face, something that happened anytime a male held her hand, but she didn't protest when he suggested a walk. As she followed him she stayed quiet, if any guards saw them then they didn't care or didn't believe it was the princess. A soft gasp came from her when they reached the clearing, even though it was a place she went to before it was still a beautiful sight as she never been there are night.

When he said sorry she gave him a confused look before she realized what he meant and said "Don't worry about it Denji. It isn't like we haven't held hands before." A smile on her lips as she said that and when he patted the ground next to him she took a seat, careful of her dress since she knew if it was messed up her mother would have a fit. "We could have talked in the gardens... not like the guards were sober enough to care or hear right. But thank you for bringing me here." She said even though she was grateful to be away from the castle.

As she laid back and looked up at the sky, her thoughts had turned to the beauty that was around them at the moment. "You know you don't have to call me Princess.. Ami works just as well. We are friends after all." She said as she considered him a friend which she hoped wasn't just on her end. Some of the servants were only her friend because she was the princess and would often report to her parents if she said anything un-princess-like.

"It's just annoying to not have any say about what will happen to you. I'm expected to do everything just because I'm a princess, because I was born to so called royalty." She said after a few minutes, her mind traveling back to how her parents wanted her to behave. "What makes someone royalty anyway? Who's to say that a poor bastard from the streets isn't really of royal blood from one of the kingdoms that my family overtook in the past?" She ranted some more about stuff like that until she had ran out of things to say and just fell quiet.