Login to your account

Thread: [/raises paw] Question!

Humble Farmer With a Sword Nyan Cat's Avatar

[/raises paw] Question!

I probably already know the answer, but would it be permitted to have Adult content in a non-Adult roleplay IF there was a location that required a key and that key only be given to Adult players?

I don't know, just suddenly occured to me.

Mmmmm....

Provided every player involved was an adult (including the game host) and the location/description itself mentioned this, I don't really see a problem with it.

It places a burden on the host to be sure of the players involved being adult and I'd prefer something stated publicly where the player claimed they were an adult that you could link to if they lied. That way if an angry parent came to WTF talking about corrupting their children; etc we could point to it and say, "See? This is where they signed up under a certain age and this is where they told the game host they were of age to play such things."

This is how I feel now, but I will also ask Insomniac, since he has knowledge about web-law and update you if the thought changes. I think you'd be safe if for now the only adult content allowed was extreme violence, though. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Awesome~
    Well, could part of that problem of there not being public declaration be solved by having the plays state so in this private location that they are an adult, and then give admins the key to the spot for proof if something stirred up?

At the very least this opens some possibilities I probably won't touch for a long time, but it's nice to know I might have that freedom~

After talking with Insomniac, he thought it'd cover our bums a lot better if you made a sort of "alternate" version of your game where adult situations can take place. Like, not keys, but just copy and pasting all of the game info over into a new game rated Adult and directing your players there for "bonus level content". xD

Which is actually something I am doing myself with a game I got the idea for last night. >_>; So you wouldn't be the only game that did that. Just advise your players to clone their characters over and remember to update both bios if they play in both versions if you're going to keep the game distinctly connected (ie: what happens in one game carries over to the other).

I hate to tell you one thing and then a half hour later change my mind, but with Americans being so litigious, I'd rather not risk the site being shut down because a 10 year old decided they were mature enough for adult content and their mother called Chris Hanson. xD;
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

That sounds like good judgement~ Good to know what is allowed and what isn't~

AND WHAT'S THIS IDEA?
    This poptart cat is interested in any idea for a game you have~!

Hahaha. xD I'm going to read it over and post the games tonight, but keep them closed until I get some feedback from other people who may be interested in playing. >o<

Your typical "this is modern times and here's a place that has crazy and suspicious supernatural things go on that regular people aren't aware of unless they are!" kind of game.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Awww, one of those?
    Just kidding~ They can be awesome, but usually I don't fancy them. Though there are many supernatural creatures I enjoy that aren't mainstream to the Western countries. Eastern and African supernatural boogies are much more interesting in my opinion~

With the coming of summer, we sure are seeing an influx of new games, eh? x33

Actually, one of my supernatural creatures is heavily eastern influenced. xD (I love myself some eastern boogies.) I dunno if it'll end up appealing to you, but I tried to twist it so it wasn't entirely standard. But I'm off-topic now. >_>

And yes - thankfully. xD Gives people lots of options, even if players are slightly thin on the ground right now. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin