Login to your account

Thread: So this is me

So this is me

I suppose an introduction is in order. So here goes!

I'm Gal (yes, really), I'm 23 years old and I live in Israel (which means I'll apologize in advanced, as English isn't my native tongue). Currently a Visual Communication student (fancy words for graphic design) and living in Jerusalem with my boyfriend.

I'm a long-time role player, but have never been to this site before. The reason I am here now, however is because, well, I've run out of partners to RP with, and I'm missing it like hell.
    I used to run two multiple-player games (that also included a lot of one-on-ones) that, for some reasons or others, have come to an untimely end - which also means I have no one left to role play with.
    I put a lot of emphasis on building good, interesting, believable characters, and after putting so much work into one of these they just sort of turn into a part of me - which makes it hurt losing them.

So basically, I'm here looking for new RP partners. I myself am a history geek, especially of the 1940's (World War II that is), 1920's and late 1800's in the US, but I also have current-day characters and am open to suggestions. The one thing I really dislike playing, though, is fantasy (unless it's something to do with religion, i.e. HBO's heart-breaking show Carnivale).

I feel like this is so poorly written. I'M AN INTERESTING PERSON, TRUST ME.
    So um. Yes. Feel free to ask me anything or (better yet) offer yourselves for a session or two! I would only be too happy.

Clumsy Apprentice ChainsawLover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by starkandskinny View Post
    I myself am a history geek, especially of the 1940's (World War II that is), 1920's and late 1800's in the US, but I also have current-day characters and am open to suggestions. The one thing I really dislike playing, though, is fantasy (unless it's something to do with religion, i.e. HBO's heart-breaking show Carnivale).
    I love the histories of the World Wars and the Cold War too! Must admit that I'm not one of the brightest History students, but I'm definitely fascinated by the subject.

“We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.”
    ― William Shakespeare

Thank you so much Strude! I would hope so
    And hey, there's only so much you can know about history. I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable (about the American side anyway), and still, everything I know it just a tiny drop in the sea of information that's out there (I couldn't have used a worse cliche).

ChainsawLover; I've never studied it to depth anywhere, really. I just fell in love with Band of Brothers and did my own research from there.
    Last edited by starkandskinny; 04-04-2013 at 07:48 PM.
    Every man is evil, yes, every man's a liar
    An unashamed with a wicked tongue sing in the Black Soul Choir

Seriously? I LOVE Gen. Kill. Wasn't too big on the Pacific though; Aside from John Basilone I didn't seem to care about any of the other characters. Gen. Kill, on the other hand, man, I am in love with that show.
    Or really any other HBO series that has anything to do with history (though Gen. Kill isn't exactly history).

Welcome to the site, Gal!

Also, I checked out your art thread before coming here and it's fabulous! I totally subscribed for updates and all that good jazz. ;D

I like to think that I'm fond of history, but, truth is, I just dabble in the whole thing. I only know a smidgen of American history (the basics and only in wide strokes). And, whenever I write for WW2/Cold War, I take impressive liberties with the timeline and everything factual... haha.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Quote Originally Posted by joonsexual View Post

Also, I checked out your art thread before coming here and it's fabulous! I totally subscribed for updates and all that good jazz. ;D

I'm flattered! Thank you!

I never took that sort of liberty with my WW2 RP - the reason I got all this knowledge to begin with is so that my characters\plot are true to history - but hey, to each his own. (:

I did that once with a zombie apocalypse scenario! (BTW, what's Jing? |: )

Same.

I typically prefer a more "relaxed" historical setting to a very strict and rigid one because I like to give myself room for, er, "creative exploration" i.e. mistakes.

But, as Strude has already explained, I'm Jing and feel free to call me as such. ;D

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Hehehe I see (: Well, like I said, I tend to do that sometimes too, but I prefer the historically-accurate version better.