Login to your account

Thread: You know what? I'd like a mentor.

Humble Farmer With a Sword Nyan Cat's Avatar

You know what? I'd like a mentor.

I'm in no way new to roleplaying, but you can always learn something new~

Basically I'm looking for one of two (or a combination of both) types of mentoring:

First Type: someone who will basically just read my roleplay posts as I go and point out ways I could make my writing more efficient or point out fluffy bits (parts that contribute nothing to the post - not even flavour) or suggest better wording and anything else they can think of.

Second Type: someone who will give me a basic sentence ("Mary walked down to the store on a sunny day to pick up a package at the post office") or more and ask me to elaborate it to become something enjoyable to read and then provide the same critizisms as the First Type.

I don't expect to get a mentor right off the bat, but hey! it's summer and I'm sure there'll be people who will be a combination of bored and interested in teaching me a thing or two. :3

I could be the first type of mentor! Not sure if you want to offer but I have an RP you could take part in too . . . makes it easier on both you and I, then I can get some fun out of reading your reply because I can reply back! >D Toss me a PM if you're interested.

Who would not want to mentor Nyan Cat?

That is an opportunity in the making! But too bad i'm not that active at the moment. I may mentor once my RP activity picks up.

Humble Farmer With a Sword Nyan Cat's Avatar
    Very late reply from me. I took a look at your roleplay Strude, and idk. It looks awesome, but I've been watching how I'm approaching roleplays and it seems I'm reluctant to go into a roleplay that I wasn't with in the planning stages. Reading your roleplay was definitely a breath of fresh air, though~

Mentoring Nyan Cat makes for a good title to hold indeed~ I'm none too active myself in comparison to some, but if you wanted to just start something casual, private or no, maybe then you could mentor me. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Nyan Cat View Post
    Very late reply from me. I took a look at your roleplay Strude, and idk. It looks awesome, but I've been watching how I'm approaching roleplays and it seems I'm reluctant to go into a roleplay that I wasn't with in the planning stages. Reading your roleplay was definitely a breath of fresh air, though~
    All I gotta say to this is Carmine is built around playing planning . . . we're never done planning, that is why it is a galaxy building project and a sandbox style role play. There is no real end to the planning, there is no end to the plotting players will do with one another. I just function as a organizer and informer really, it's up to the players to create what they want out of Carmine . . . just saying is all. Not that you nix Carmine before you know how the game works. >D

None the less thank you for taking a look. I appreciate it.