Durion

"Shut up!" Durion yelled when Raelynn yelped, not completely with himself and aware that he'd heard her. Anger still rising, breathing still speeding, he took the journal from his desk and rested it on the smaller bookcase beside it. That in place he stood slowly, his body shaking now, and braced his hands under the cracked desk. With a near to furious yell he flipped it, sending it crashing into the wall to his left. All contents on the table, a lamp, two piles of paper, a cup with other pens and pencils, and one more paper weight, fell to the floor with a ringing crash, almost completely swallowed by the sound of the desk slamming the wall, breaking fully in half, and falling to the floor.

His hands clenched and unclenched rather furiously, his nails piercing his palms as he did. He closed his eyes, trying not to scream again. He hated this, hated it so much. He wanted it to stop, he wanted to be weaker, wanted to be no one, wanted to be human. "No" he spoke to himself in a soft, barely restrained voice. "No, never, never not ever not again" he muttered darkly.

He looked over at the broken desk, then down at his ruined shirt and stained hand. He swore again and turned, eyes settling on Raelynn. "You, girl" he pointed at her, pausing his train of thought as he noticed her movement and the expression on her face. He disregarded it. Hand shaking, arm shaking, body shaking. "I am going... to go take a bath. Do not open the door. Do not touch anything..." He eyed her warily, wondering if he should tell her to clean up and then decided against it, he didn't want her touching his things.

Instead of speaking again he turned, there was a door, not far from where the desk now lay, and he went though it, shutting the door, surprisingly gentle, behind him.

Silence swallowed the room for a moment without him there before the main door slowly pushed open. Ophelia popped her head in, making a tsking sound as she looked about. "Silly boy" she sighed, walking into the room. She looked over at the antsy neko, eyes curious and mildly worried. "Has he gone to his room? Goodness, not again."

Nannette

Nannette looked at him, returning that gentle smile as he asked why she was in this predicament. She'd been glad when he said being curious was a good thing and was glad that he didn't mind being curious as well. Though he was quite gentle about it and was glad he didn't seem to want to force her to talk about any thing. She shrugged her shoulders and leaned back again, closing her eyes as her smile continued.

"It's a bit confusing so, if you can't follow tell me... I have a brother I told you earlier. He's my twin and younger by about fifteen minutes. He's the perfect one, and the one who wants to take over dad's business one day... Well, since I'm older, I'm technically the one who's supposed to get it. I don't particularly want it by the way, but dad insisted. Anyway, some stuff happened about three years ago, bro found out I'm the one who would have gotten the company and lost it. He's been giving us the cold shoulder ever since." She sighed, opening her eyes again, leaning forward to look into the water.

"Dad didn't want to lose bro" a frown crossed her face "everyone loves he more than me you know, he's the better twin after all..." she shook her head. "So, he decided, if I marry well, I won't need the company and if I marry wealthy I won't need to inherit as much and so, here we are" she leaned back again with a laugh, her face lighting up again as she spread her arms in a gesture towards their surroundings.

"He arranged everything with your dad about a week before he told us all. I marry you, bro gets the company, everyone should, in theory, live happily ever after."

She laughed at her own little fairytale reference and looked over at him. Her smile was genuine but seemed a little less radiant as she shook of the remaining thoughts of her brother. "I'd like to be friends with you too." she confirmed. "You're pretty nice too."