Login to your account

Thread: Question of sorts

Question of sorts

I know what I ask is probably down on the bottom of the list of things to do for this site or it simply may be something this site can't even do anything about.

But I check this site from my phone, I can view and do everything that I can from my computer... expect for type anything in the text boxes. I have a Samsung Captivate with the andriod system; but I can post from my apple ipod touch.

Is it simply because of the different operating systems of Andriod and Apple?

I have an HTC Inspire (also Android) and I can't type in the text boxes either, I've noticed, so it probably does have something to do with the OS.

I honestly have no idea about this. I may have to pass this question on to someone else, so it may take some time for me to get back to you. >3<
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

well considering that I think they are more worried about getting the site bugs out that anything to do with getting it mobile is on the bottom of the list. So it's no worries on how long it takes, I'm just glad it's not just my phone I've had enough trouble with my phone already.
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

I'm not sure what my phone is, but it uses the andriod O.S. and it works fine if that makes a difference

Aerion, is it the newest android O.S. and is it on At&t or Verizon? I don't know if that would have something to do with it or not... but rather know or not. who knows it may not like just one carrier and only like the other one. I would say signal strength have something to do with it but it wouldn't work even when i got full 3g bars and at my house I'm lucky if any webpage loads on my phone, even when I'm tethering.

With your Android phone, are you using the default web browser or Firefox? I think you should try FF if you don't have it. Kinda odd that you can't use the text fields on the phone O_O.

I use the default web browser... next time I'm in town I'll try a different web browser. As I can't get signal at home enough to download stuff.

I've been having this problem on my iPod for a few days now. The text box is gray and unselectable. Seems that turning off JavaScript from the settings fixes this problem but it's of no use when trying to post a new game entry. (The reply button uses javascript lol!) Might be a bug?
    Last edited by ||TOXYC||; 07-05-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Hmm... Will report it, but the site really isn't optimized for iPods, iPads, iPhones, Android; etc. xD;
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Well it is better than most websites that consider themselves mobile friendly. The simpleness of it all is really good, not a whole bunch of stuff to load. I've seen "mobile friendly" sites that I could only load on my laptop yet not on my ipod or phone (of course at the time I had a hugely crappy phone that couldn't load the mobile e-mail half of the time).

Well I guess my computer smarts on figuring stuff out will have fun trying to figure out the stuff for this. *loves problems like this when she can talk to other people to try to figure it out*

Edit: I just tried with my ipod and it worked fine for me. ||TOXYC||, what version of the ipod do you have or what web browser are you using on it?
    Last edited by BoredNeko19; 07-05-2011 at 05:03 PM.

well firefox mobile works with typeing as I'm currently posting this from my phone which is to blame for typos